Reviews for This Woman's Work
TinaF chapter 1 . 3/21
Sad but good story!
Bevey99 chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
Seriously disturbing - brilliant writing. I'm thinking that Ed wasn't real.
PeculiarNerdfighter chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
Wow. I usually don't read one shots (as in if I find out a story is a one shot I won't even look at what it's about). But I decided to give this one a try and just... WOW. It's amazing.
A Girl Who Reads Cereal Boxes chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Wow - I can't decide whether Edward is another patient or just Bella's subconscious.

Her feelings of failure, computer addiction, marriage - really powerful and well written.

I loved the snippets of past and present - a great one shot!
chuey361 chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Wow...Probably the best o/s i've ever read.
Weffanie chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Oh wow. I can't think of anything else to say. Just... wow. That was brilliant. One question - Edward wasn't real was he?
momma23 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
wow heavy so damn heavy. beautifully written
AngiJ chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
OMG. This was so tragic and almost painful to read. I had to catch my breath, my reaction was visceral. Tough subject matter, horrible scenarios, extremely well written and the pain captured so well. I don't think I will ever read this again, but I know I won't forget this.
Burntcore chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Wow, that definitely was not what I was expecting but it was great. Was Bella truly mentally disturbed or did she just have a serious case of post-partem depression?
cat5050 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Wow! Way to tell a story, dark though it be!
MissingDublin chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
That was fucking nuts! Seriously! Edward's like a serial killer on the inside.
Mimi Nella chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
wow!
Gwynne138 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
What makes this story so absolutely fabulous is that so many of us have walked that line between juggling all the pieces and falling into insanity.. how easy would it be for us to end up in Bella's place?

Love it!
YellowGlue chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
dear miss reality :)

i'm sorry it's taken me a minute to get around to tell you how much i loved this piece and how thankful i am to you for writing it, and sharing it. because i did, and do.

i loved the flow of the words, the mingling of past and present. it not only reveals information, but it helps me get into her zone, her lines of thought. i feel like going back and forth between the past and the now really put me inside her head. i loved that it was always going between then and now, instead of just like having huge chunks of the past, then the present, y'know what i mean? it was a huge part of her character development and connection to me, as well as a much more interesting read than having just one, then the other.

also, ive wanted to ask - because it's something we all discussed and i'm still curious - is Edward not real? like, is she imagining him? i didn't think so at first, but after a few others mentioned it, and i reread it, i could see how they got that impression. do tell!

i love that you addressed a taboo that is SO common, and yet SO VERY unspoken of. these feelings about being a mother and a wife... they're everywhere, they're probably even (what do i know, this is what i think, i really have no idea, but i'd venture to guess) fairly universal. and yet NO ONE ever really talks about them because they're just that deeply secret, that ashamed (maybe?), that afraid of what people will say or think or feel. but they're SUCH real thoughts and feelings. and i love that you gave them a voice. a clear, and meaningful one.

thank you so so much for writing this and for sharing it. it's one that has stuck with me, and left a mark on my heart.

love,
DarkBlueBella chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
A very powerful story. So sad. You wrote it very well. You wove past and present together nicely.