Reviews for Bird Song
TheFinalElements chapter 1 . 5/16
I have to agree with the previous reviews, this is a work of utter perfection. The way you harnessed the emotions was breathtaking. The monotonous carelessness of Yellow's thoughts against a vibrant beach background, the jerky and unstable arrangement of sentences, and the subtle details make the story emanate a certain wrongness that readers just can't put their fingers through, until the last verse of the song. You ingeniously beat around the bush, giving a detailed layout of unimportant things while leaving was actually happening out. The suspense and cliffhanger at the end gives a feeling of abrupt halt, and leaves readers imagining what happened. How you cooperated the song also strengthens the eerie feeling of the fanfic: the lighthearted songbird that plummets to a gruesome demise.

It's strange how all of these details can be woven into a 2.2K one-shot, and that's why many marvel at your fanfic. I find it a suspenseful thriller, and it never fails to bring a reaction out of me, even after I read it again and again. This is one of the best horror-shots ever made.
Crack-jouchan chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Whoaaaa. I only caught on at the Green part. And totally confirmed it at the lyrics that appeared after that. And at the end... "a red, pallid tone that she can't even wash away anymore. And she's tried." Whoa. Frightening. Though I feel sorry for her... That she got broken to this extend.
Justa fan chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Its so sad why should it be *sniff* red and *sob* misty cant red realize that already YELLOW is his true love anyway good job nice effect but i want a happy ending
Ready to fly chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Honestly, I only realized she killed them all at the last line. Seriously I was like WHOA! When it hit me haha. I love the subtleness of it and how you incorporated the song into it, seriously this was crazy. It was a bit terrifying to see yellow as the character doing this but I think it adds to the creepiness like no one would expect someone as innocent as yellow to kill everyone. But yeah well done :)
Nintendian chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Oh wow, this was very nicely done and kinda creepy ._. I can't imagine Yellow actually doing this, but I love your writing style and how you imply what happened without straight out saying it. I liked this :D

You're an amazing writer, keep up the good work!
diehard117 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
oh shit! yellow a physio in this one. the story was very well written and what it implies is very clear good job
Shinnypichu88 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
so yellow killed everyone?
abandonedaccount37289 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Realization just hit me like a train and I gotta say, this dark Yellow is kinda disturbing. Your detail, and how subtle everything was, was like amazing. I wish i could write like this haha
Shiranai Atsune chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
i don't get it
Annihilator Zero chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Easily the greatest songfic ever written. I just can't get over how masterfully you worked the lyrics into the story, first as a slightly chilling background thing that adds to the mounting unease of the story but the last line is just... You completely change the entire tone of the story and all of the "strangeness" for want of a better word that had been present suddenly clicks into place in the most beautifully horrifying way imaginable.

And having Yellow as the insane character just makes it all the better because creepily smiley yet terrifying is exactly how Insane!Yellow would be, completely unfeeling. And the colour motifs were just fantastic because you have all these vibrant colours throughout in such stark contrast to the utter emptiness Yellow is feeling, and the way red appears so much is so wonderfully telling, especially with the mention of "the colour of blood" early on. And the short sentences that appear occasionally are fantastic because they really help the unsettled tone, giving an almost jerky unstable effect to the narration.

Honestly, if not for ibuberu's "Goodbye Stranger" I'd call this the greatest Pokemon fic ever written, this is just absolutely, breathtakingly fantastic.
lolatron5000 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
I dont get what everyone is sad about. Can u please tell me?
True M. Vega chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I was all like 'what is this I don't even'. Freaked me out a little, but it had a thoughtful air to it.
sm8430328 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Yellow-chan... poor Yellow-chan...

Um, I can't find an adjective for this that's not been used before... I guess it's just too awesome for words! _ It kinda reminded me of The Telltale Heart, actually, just more subtle. But yeah. Amazing skills, you have. I think I gotta go practice more...

/ /Novaki/ /
Sappphire-chan chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
So creepy that I almost cried...Almost.

But that asides, I think you did a great job with this little fanfic. The lack of dialogue is quite fitting with this story's pace, the writing style was intelligent, yet it's not too confusing or overwhelming for the readers' comprehension.

Yellow was too creppy and super OOC here. so, I interpret that, she poisoned Blue because the brunette didn't notice how crushed she was,losing her first love. Drowned Green because, well, let's just say that she has gone bashit insane after committing her first crime, and killed Red as a retaliation for him to just forgot her and went off marrying another girl like that. Damn...0.0

Kudos for making me pissed my pants here, missy.

I really hope to see more of your works in a near future, since you are such a talented

Peace!
Water Flareon chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
...Wow

I figured out that she killed them all when I read the last line of the song.