Reviews for A Man's Honor
Mystery002 chapter 4 . 12/6/2012
Oh dear, it has been a few years, hasn't it. :/ Although I am unlikely to be gratified for my efforts, I do know that I always appreciate thoughtful words, even for stories I wrote a long time ago. In that vein, I offer you this review.

Although a few surprisingly persistent grammatical errors did glare out at times, overall I found this a very enjoyable fic so far.

Your timing with Jin and Zuko's metamorphosis is impeccable, and I have to admit I am curious as to how this may effect later events if you are planning on continuing it that far...

As you noted, given your extensive experience with Avatar, characterization is perhaps your strongest suit, although to be fair, you did borrow dialogue extensively from the show itself. I must say that I am curious and hopeful to see if the high level of quality in this respect remains even as you begin moving further away from the canon.

Your descriptions were all good, although a little bit of polish would serve you excellently, although your characters interact wonderfully with their environments, generally, these environments do not contribute to the overall mood in nearly as rich of a way as the players themselves - one of the most common flaws of decently written fanfiction.

Despite having almost nothing to work with as far as canon representation, you have developed Jin fairly well, although I would love to see how her upbringing and background influences her character more... Maybe have Uncle Iroh/Zuko meet her parents/siblings? or whatever the situation may be as per your discretion.

I don't know if you've made up your mind concerning the proposed inclusion of a lemon (for example if the next chapter is in progress already) but since you mentioned it with an almost neurotic frequency in the notes, I may as well add my two cents.

As an author, I have generally shied away from lemons. As far as my personality goes, I have often identified with Zuko, so you may contemplate this briefly as one possible reason for this prudishness on my part. I do somewhat feel as if it is slightly unprofessional as well, at least for someone with aspirations of serious authorship.

However, I also must admit with a hint of shame, as a fan, and as... A human being with hormones, that I have enjoyed a well written lemon from time to time, and they are not entirely impossible to craft in a way which contains both... sensual delight... and... literary skill.

Overall, if you decide to do it, I would merely caution you to put twice as much work and thought into that as you would anything else. You can't please everyone, but you can do your best. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

I hopefully look forward to more from you. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Enjoying your story. I hope you update!
BehbaLovesTea chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
This was a very cute story, I hope you update soon! :D
SaskiaWillow1201 chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
I love it I wonder what jin will do, I like them if it does get a bit lemony I hope so...:D!

But its really good, actually if there was an unexpected pregnancy...wonder what will happen
dgraymanfan 200 chapter 4 . 6/11/2011
whitetigerwolf chapter 4 . 2/21/2011
I really love this story. Please update soon.
darkmaster69 chapter 4 . 1/27/2011
I want lemon cakes :3 and this is a very good story
Uatu chapter 5 . 12/13/2010
The poll for voting isn't on your profile.

Anyway, I'd vote M.
PossiblyInsane213 chapter 4 . 10/21/2010
Yes to lemons.
barbeque86 chapter 2 . 8/20/2010
great story. i completely agree with you that there aren't enough Zuko/Jin stories and i think adding sokka would be great as long as it's natural within the story. as for it being T or M i say just write the story how you want it and if it ends up being M then let it be M. minor things, but sewious isnt a word and you should probably proof read the story a few more times. not a big deal but still.
Erewethwen chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
This was so much fun to read! You are an excellent author and it was breath taking to read about Jin and Zuko. I agree with you that there needs to be more fanfics about them. But anyway, as for wondering if you should keep things T or make them M, I'd say be daring try M and if it doesn't work out the way you hoped, then try something else. I loved this story and love your writing style, the disclaimers at the start of each chapter are my favorite. Please, please keep writing you are wonderful at it, I hope this brings some encouragement to you :)

Reudabega Prime chapter 4 . 8/19/2010
This story is going great. I read all 4 chapters like 3 times lol I love this pairing. I want the rating to go up lemon lime lol
Pirate Ninjas of the Abyss chapter 4 . 8/19/2010
Its better but still not that good. The plot has improved. Also its still like reading a story written by Mai, it has no emotion. I like Jinko. Advice, go look at some of the really good writers on FF, then look how they write and study it. You have the mind for this but not the skill. The story doesn't draw you at all. Its completely blah.
Densharr chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
Ummm... your poll is down, but I vote for going with the flow - if it FEELS like an M, write it as such.

I'm admittedly a big closet Jinko. It's always nice to see more fic populating FF
Pirate Ninjas of the Abyss chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
This chapter sucked, get some one to proof read it. Also fix the plot up a bit, its very predictable and way overused. I couldn't fit how much was wrong with the chaptee in a review, not enough space.