Reviews for Safety
iridescent bookyworm chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
This is so amazing! You basically just summed up Wee!Dean in less than a thousand words. You're such a talented writer.
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Aw, I love this one. That tight bond they had, even so young, when most siblings are fighting and bickering over everything. Sam goes to Dean to feel safe, Dean does anything he can to protect Sam and make sure he's comfortable. This is just beautiful, what a great piece.

LD
Bundibird chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Aww! I loved this one. :) it was really sweet. I liked the writing style too- it really suited the story. :)
Dizzo chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I'm so glad Sam appreciates how Dean has cared for him and looked after him. What a lovely, touching little fic!

Great job.

Diz x
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
*BAWLS*

Can I just adopt them? Especially Dean. I just wanna grab that little kid and hug him until he feels safe and secure and doesn't feel like he needs a gun to sleep.

I have no idea what the heck you were talking about, missy, but this was gorgeous, stunning, and my crack addiction is fulfilled *sighs happily as crack takes hold*

This immediately pulls me in: "The door creaks. / Little feet hitting the wooden floor... quickly, urgently... tap-tap-tap-tap. / "Dean?" Whisper." Because it reminds me of the nights I woke up from a bad dream as a kid or didn't feel good and went to my mom's bed. Just whispering "Mom" while standing right by her bed. Only Sam doesn't have a mom... he has his Dean.

And this: "If he could just... go deeper into the dreams; take what they are offering to him right now and just… leave reality to deal with itself for just one more minute. / Ignore, ignore, ignore. / "Dean?" Breath. / Dreams fading into the dark room. All is lost." Is totally the parent's reaction and is PERFECT. Poor Dean's already going on thirty... and I can totally believe him not wanting to deal with reality just then. Poor kiddo.

THIS IS TOTALLY WEE!SAM! I CAN SO BELIEVE/SEE THIS HAPPENING! ""Daddy smells..." searching for the word, "bad again 'n my room's cold 'n my blanky's itchy 'n my feet're then cold. Can I has..." not the right word, "have some water?"" And I can just see Dean closing his eyes and mentally groaning while trying to process everything Sam just said. And I can so see Sammy searching for the right word and correcting his semantics.

And Dean's so PERFECT... he just invites Sam to share the bed with him, knowing that Sammy'll wet the bed, hog all the blankets, and kick. And kudos on hogging the blanket! Last night when I rewatched the PILOT, Jess is sleeping with no blankets and Sam has all the sheets (it's the shot right when Sam wakes up because he heard a sound, before Dean comes in). I can so see this happening. How many nights when they were little do you think Dean woke up to find Sam in bed with him or was woken up in the middle of the night by a terrified brother and invited him in? AWWWWWW... *sniffles*

And the whole thing about keeping Sammy safe and wanting Mommy and the dust flake... god, I think I have a dust flake in my nose and eyes...

I imagine "Sam's Safe" was Dean's mantra for a long time (even as an adult) and what enables him to sleep at night... and Dean just gripping the gun under his pillow (that's from AVSC isn't it? *grins*) is just SAD.

But this made me very nearly lose it: "Dad'll sober up. / In the morning. / If he won't be gone by then. / Again." The broken up lines pack a punch. And I can so believe this being Dean's train of thought and processing. And I can believe John doing this (um... SW anyone?). And honestly, THIS - Dad being drunk, sobering up in the morning, if he hasn't already left on another hunt - is probably why Dean has a crapload of abandonment issues. I mean, with nights like these, can you blame him? I'd so have abandonment issues too... especially considering the whole upheaval of his mom's death, the fire, and leaving Lawrence for a life on the road at four. Yeah, you can't blame Dean for being scared of being left behind, of being abandoned. And, here, I just wanna tell John "Thanks for psychologically screwing with your kid!"

But this one was so sad and powerful. I loved it. It just... yeah, I can so so so believe this. And I used the Sam/Dean from SOMETHING WICKED because Dean's only slightly older than he is in SW.

*Smishes*

NT
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Imagine how much responsability is for a child like Dean to be completely responsible for the well-being of another child.

That's kind of sad, but that's one of the things that makes Sam and Dean as close as they are, and probably is the reason why they are that awesome ahah

Kisses and I liked it

Rosetta
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Awwww. That is just so sweet! I really loved it. Poor little boys. :(

They had each other, tho, and they kept each other safe. Sam kept Dean safe as much as Dean did Sam.

Very nicely done. :)
Lady Impala chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I loved this. So sweet and accurate I'm sure.
enyes chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
so cute XD

i don't know whether there's a grammar/spelling error since english is not my first language, but I love the way you write and choose the words beautifully ;D
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
This was so sad and so sweet at the same time. Sad that Sammy was so scared and distressed, but sweet that Dean didn't mind, as long as he could keep his little brother safe. Truly wonderful. Hugs, Vonnie
moira4eku chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Yikes, poor Dean. Way too much on his very young small shoulders. He'll make sure Sam is safe from all bad things. Hopefully, that doesn't include John. Somehow I got the impression that Sam was the one always protected even their dad wanted Sam protected. Who protects Dean? Thanks for the great one shot!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
That's so adorable. Thanks for sharing. Loved it.
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Wow! This was surprisingly powerful. I felt kicked in the gut. They are sooooo cute as boys. I can't get enough.
Noninone chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Aw!
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Hit me with a club, why don't you?

Poor Dean... poor little boy. Am I right, is this your first weechester? You did good, gorl, really good! A lot of times, the writers just write "little adults" - or, even worse, because kids are pretty smart - little dumbnuts that can'tspeak for shit.

The dustflake... nearly killed me. Poor Dean, so scared and young. "Mommy" is one thing that knocks me dead EVERY time it comes up in these stories. Just... so much longing in one little word. Nothing can discribe it better than "Mommy".