Reviews for This is Home
daisy07 chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Wonderfully atmospheric - that street was so excellently written I could 'feel' it. I liked this introspective Brennan, and, as ever, Booth is very tuned in to her moods and he knew exactly what to do for her.
duskbutterfly chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Dark, twisty and stunningly beautiful. Another masterpiece, thankyou.
HurryUpSlowly chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I really liked this - it's as if there is some sort of strange poetry in Brennan's silence sometimes, and that's very difficult to capture because everyone writes her as her outwardly scientific self and sometimes it may be easy to forget how sensitive she is. Thanks for not making this a 'talky' piece, it works perfectly as it is. Definitely one of my favourite little snapshots of moments in her/their life.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Hi there,

Definitely very dark...This place brought back memories to her...not happy memories...

'It was, as her memory, dark and quiet'...

Like how Booth was with her and understood...how he comforted her! Interesting chapter...

Ger
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
It is hard to find the right word to describe this. It wasn't really sweet, wonderful or lovely are just too happy... But it fits. There certainly can be a darkness in her and this setting would bring it out. He would try to draw her out but even the diner would not let it happen. The show would not give us that kind of comfort and closeness, but that would be what it took to get her out of the funk. Dark fluff fits. I really enjoyed how you set the mood here. Great job!
Robert Modean chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
That was rather hauntingly beautiful. I love your writing style and this was a simply wonderful one-shot with so much potential. I love it.
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Oh wow this has such atmosphere to it and such startlingly clear imagery - melancholic and beautiful :)
aadams00 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
This was a great little story...the word home reminds me of them. Nice moment between them!
EmeraldSoleil chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Good stuff. There are so many layers to Brennan, and it's always nice to read about yet another part of her, to get a peek inside her head.
lizook chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
You always set the scene so vividly and this is no exception. The darkness encroaches from every corner, influencing her thoughts and mood, and vice versa. The stark contrast between it, the lessons she's learned, and the warmth of the last sentences - of them together - is beautiful. Wonderful shot.