Reviews for Dueling at Dawn
RomanceAddiction chapter 7 . 3/28/2013
I really must say, you did an outstanding job on this! You captured Mia's cheery and exciting personality spot on, without a doubt. And Soren... Let's just say it took every ounce of my strength to not fan-girl. Being as huge of an addict as I am to romance (as my name implies), this story made me almost cry out of sheer amazement at the quality. Might I add, I'm not always like this, but I started reading it at one in the morning, and before I knew was 5 A.M. I can really see the time and thought you put into this. I loved it so much, that when I played the actual game again, I said, "What? No! I want that story to be true! How could the creator of Fire Emblem do this to meeee!" Sure, I got strange looks from everyone in the room, but whatever... Anyway, here I am rambling on about myself. Everything about this story was crafted so carefully to a point that I could easily believe that you're a famous author who writes extremely popular stories. I enjoyed it so much, it's a little scary. But, good job! It seemed to end so fast, only because I loved it so much, but it wasn't a rush-to-get-it-done sort of feeling. All of the other things on this pairing don't capture their personality correctly (especially Soren, they all think he constantly shows anger, but he just doesn't show much emotion, so thank you for that), and it turns all weird and kind of awkward to follow. Overall, as I've said before, you did a wonderful job! You sure know how catch the reader!
Eienias20 chapter 7 . 2/12/2013
great story! couldn't stop reading it last night, glad I finished it now!
if you are going to write another one, totally gonna check that out to
in situations like these, i don't care what the ending is, it was great :D
Eienias20 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
even if it is just a request, it is really well done
really enjoying this so far!
andnotjustcauseimahugesorenm iafan
Guest chapter 7 . 2/6/2013
Not bad, not bad at all. You managed to get pleanty of development and you also didn't make them have a major, dramatic fight which they then had to make up for and recover from. (I hate those drama fights so thanks for not having one)

SatoshiKyu chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
... Stuttering? SOREN? Whoa, let's step back and look at that for a moment. Does Soren EVER stutter? Words are his weapon of choice in all things-if one of the wars could have been decided with a debate, no-one would have had the balls to even go up against him except maybe Sephiran, and Soren still would have sent him from the room in tears. He's blunt and cynical and harsh, but he always says exactly what he thinks without hesitation. I think even when he was telling Ike his story he never once stumbled over his words-once he'd decided to get the last of it off of his chest, he just told it like it was.
Berserker Luke chapter 7 . 1/3/2012
Wow, this was absolutely amazing. Mia had always been my favorite character in Fire Emblem, but Soren was never that high until now. Your story just made him my second favorite. You did an aweome job not only potraying his personality, but also in adding to it. Fire Emblem is notorious for lack of character background since it has so many characters, but you took what little it did give you, and you glorified it so well. This is definately one of my favorite Fanfics. I'd love to see you do another Mia/Soren.
Joshua Ruehadan chapter 7 . 8/30/2011
It's nice to see such a long Soren/Mia fix thank you!
Batard Anonyme chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
Wonderful. Unfortunately I can't think of what else to say but it was very good and I thank you for writing it.
Brunosaurs4 chapter 7 . 5/11/2011
Wow, I must say I really, really liked this fic. The characterization, narration, pacing of the story were all great. I’m a fan of SorenxMia, so it was really nice to find such a good fic of them. Good job!
Enter Your Name Here chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
Loved it I never thought of this pair before but it was the best S/M I've ever seen... Not that I've seen any others but I still think if there were any others I'd put this one on top!
Enter Your Name Here chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Now if only units could heal themselves with staffs the world would be alot better.

Love the fic too!
youdon'tknow chapter 7 . 11/21/2010
This was actually a fairly long epilogue compared to most. I was very amused by a lot of stuff that happened in this chapter. Before you even posted it, I thought that all that was going to happen was that Soren and Mia were going to tell the others about them dating each other, and everyone would be shock by it, and then basically they get over this information and the story ends almost right there. Mia wanting to tell the others about her and Soren after keeping it a secret for only two days actually sounds like her (ha ha). It was obvious that Shinon was going to say something like that when the new couple told them all, but I was also expecting someone else (mainly Boyd and/or Gatrie) to say something along the lines of "are you serious?" in a mixer of shock and disbelief (As much as I like this paring, you have to admit that the other Mercenaries hearing that these two are dating would put the question of "why?" into most of their heads'). To be honest, I thought the part where everyone was cheering (and Boyd wolf-whistling) as the two were kissing was kind of cheesy (it's a good thing you didn't end it there).

Soren must be getting used to sparring with Mia if he doesn't think she's 'that' violent when sparring. It's a bit amusing to think of Soren sighing with a dreamy look in his eyes. First Mia nearly skewed Soren to death, and now Soren burned Mai pretty badly (these two are giving a whole new definition to the saying "love hurts"). It's a good thing that the match ended right after that, because I think Mia wearing nearly burnt off clothes would've given her an unfair advantage (ha ha). I was half thinking that you were going to end the epilogue around this section as I was reading it. I felt the ending to this section to be a bit sappy, though better than the first section of this chapter.

I honestly didn't expect the two of them to get married at the end. I would have thought that they would have just settle for being married spiritually rather than officially (I don't mind actually. I'm just telling you is all). Soren cursing whoever thought marriage was something to be celebrated with people you didn't know was humorous (More so on the "as well as those you did but wished you didn't"). All that stuff about eloping may be true, but the best part is that it's cheaper than an actual wedding (ha ha). I actually saw the part were Soren abandoned all calm and collective emotions and just kiss Mia after the ceremony coming when I read the part that said that they were getting married. I thought the epilogue ending was decent enough.

I don't know if you were trying, but it felt like you were giving us four different epilogue endings. The first was when everyone was cheering as the two kissed. The second was when they say "I love you" for the first time (some stories end after the new couple says "I love you"). Next was when Mia got seriously hurt during her sparring with Soren. Then finally, there was the part where they got married (which actually is the ending). I'm serious; anyone of the sections alone in this epilogue would have worked as an epilogue ending by itself.

Before I say anything else, I just want to say thank you "pinkdiamond4000" for asking "poeticjustice8012" to write this story. (Comment on AN's) Yes I liked the last chapter that came before this one very much. I was starting to doubt that you were going to go with my idea (especially when you said you were hesitant), and yes seven pages long is a good start. To tell the truth, I've never read a good yaoi pairing in a story before, so I can't say that I care for them really. It's not that I don't like reading stories with gay pairings (be it boy/boy or girl/girl) in them, but almost all of them make the yaoi couple sound like some Pansies-women-wannabe and never once try to make them not act like the stereotype of people who are gay. If you think you can do a yaoi pairing without either one of them acting like some Pansies-women-wannabe then go ahead, but if you think you'll be having some trouble with avoiding it then I would prefer if you didn't make that a part of the story. I'm okay with swearing in a story, but make sure it feels like the situation calls for it and not just have the character swear for the sake of swearing (too many stories get ruin that way). If you wish to discuss with me about the story more then you can e-mail me at chillingandkillingtime-at-cox-dot-net.
PINKDIAMOND4000 chapter 7 . 11/21/2010
OMG! OMG! They got married! You are awsome you are great. I love you! Thank you! Thank you! I don't regret asking for this! *ahem* I think this chapter was very good. This story was really fun to read and very good writen. Also Ike, Soren Mia well everyone was IC. Hahahah Rhys smirk when he said "logical thing to do" Anyways the wedding part was very cute, and poor Soren he was nervous when they were going to tell the others about their relationship. Forgot the training part where Soren hit Mia and he didn't want her to die, so this time it was Mia's turn. And fianlly, yes! Blame me! I was the one who gave her the idea! Wuahahaha *Evil smirk* Nah seriously thanks a lot for taking my request. And can't believe you are willing to write another story with them I mean S/M again. About your poll I chose Mist/Boyd, Rhys/Titania and odviously Soren/Mia huhuhu. Thanks again *gives you a huhg and a chocolate box*
Rapis-Razuri chapter 7 . 11/20/2010
Yeah...apparently I did not read the ANs of chapter 6 carefully enough because I had no idea you had an epilogue coming.

Lovely, as usual, spotted a couple of grammatical errors but that's it.

Oh yes, Griel Mercenaries vs Dawn would be nice if the GMs doesn't completely wipe the floor with the DB without them putting up a fight, but you won't do that, right? XD

Percy Jackson? I might check it out, seeing how my brother renewed my interest in the series last week, but no promises ;p
TessoMesso chapter 7 . 11/20/2010
YAY! Kisses and hugs all around! lol. Fantastic ending, i didnt think it was cheesy at all (_) Im so glad that Soren and Mia r happy together! lol. Cant wait for he next Fiction (_)
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »