Reviews for The Bet
talesofimaginations chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Very vivid and vibrant (so many Vs in one sentence); but you can explore more of the five senses in your writings ;) Otherwise, I very much liked it :D

Thank you for this short, but sweet write up.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Almost all men look good in a kilt, so long as it's the right length and they don't have weird knees.

But note, there *is* no McGonagall tartan, because the McGonagalls are an Irish family, present in Scotland only as economic migrants. But there's no reason why Minerva's mother shouldn't be a Lamont.
Lady of the dungeon chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Liebe Alcina,

das war eine wirklich schöne Geschichte. Die Vorstellung von Snape im Kilt ist ja nun eine durchaus amüsante (auch wenn ich irgendwie behaarte Littbarski-Beine im Kopf habe), und allein die Vorstellung, ihn zu Highland-Games zu schleppen, lässt einen schon grinsen.

Nun hätte man sich so allerhand Gemeinheiten einfallen lassen können, aber das tust Du dankenswerter Weise nicht, sondern bei Dir wird es eine wirklich herzerwärmende Kurzgeschichte, bei der man die starken Jungs beim Baumwerfen fast vor sich sieht, ebenso wie all die bunte Verwandschaft Deiner "Min".

Besonders schön fand ich ja diesen Abschnitt:

And suddenly, everything was just perfect. He didn't feel weird in the dress he wore any longer, despite the occasional draught sneaking under the kilt and he certainly didn't feel out of place, as he usually did. He was nothing more, but also nothing less than Minerva's partner, accompanying her to a family venue and making sure she enjoyed herself. Everybody had some friendly words for him, too, and he felt more welcome than ever before in his life.

Das geht einem wirklich das Herz auf, angesichts dessen, dass es Snape endlich mal so richtig gut geht, und er ganz weit weg ist und sein darf vom finsteren TM und Doppelspion.

Zu guter Letzt noch ein dickes Lob für Dein ausgesprochen reiches Vokabular. Wirklich beeindruckend.
CallistaEvans chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Hi Alcina,

I was thinking of anything but this family business when I read the title ;)

What a nice idea to introduce us to Minervas family and some Scotish traditions.

A clever solution for Minerva to use the bet to make him wear a kilt. Is there a chance to get a photo of the two of them?

I am sure this outfit suited him.

This story was fun and I also learned a lot about Scotish people.

H&K

Callie
Lily chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I loved this one, I think thats the first story about Minerva being home with her family that includes Severus instead of Albus- will there be a sequel?
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This story was very good and fun its not often there are stories that involve anything Scottish which I find odd as Hogwarts is in Scotland. Severus would look good in a kilt.

I hope you do another story like this or a follow on, thanks for this one.