Reviews for Fearless Survival
houquilter chapter 2 . 2/6/2011
"Won't have a boy I raised getting beaten by a lunatic in a bathrobe." Vernon Dursley, "the power the dark lord knows not", whodathunkit. I stumbled across this by accident today and really hope you decide to continue.
Snape's skit mark chapter 2 . 8/14/2010
The start had some promise in a quirky kinda way, just to see where you would run with it but in my opinion the whole goblin scene destroyed that little spark.

Your Harry version came over a bit too childish too and helpful and "funny" goblins asking OC questions are the worst dull cliche possible.

Ruthless and greedy business goblins to rip off the stupid wizards are far more entertaining. Asking money for every small non banking related request just for the sake of it to drive their wizard customers mad is the right guideline with them.

It would have given a great opportunity to see Dursley interacting with the Goblins from his own business experience, like hassling on some bazar or so.

Too bad, what a missed opportunity.
serpentine097 chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
awesome story. and you got that goblin name from percy jackson series, didn't ya?
vundrwld chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
OMG! I am loving the concept of this story. I wasn't to sure about at first but by the end of the first chapter I was hooked. I am glad to see that Vernon is going to help Harry win and having the Goblins make Harry a badass sword. I can't wait for the next update and I hope it will be soon. This story is unique and very promising.
AlixMM chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
Cool story. I am actually liking Vernon a bit in this story. It is a nice change to see Vernon helping Harry. I hope he isn't too upset that it took Harry so long at the bank. Of crouse with that wicked sword as a result hopefully he will be less angry. Maybe Harry should have asked where he could learn to use that sword. It would be cool if maybe one of the goblins would train him a bit. Of course it will be neat to see when second year comes around and Harry wouldn't need the sword from the sorting hat since he has his own. Hope they can also find some other good stuff to help Harry and to help protect Vernon. I do hope Vernon puts a stop to the way Dudley treats Harry. I suppose Petunia thinks Harry put a spell on Vernon. Hope they can find a way to get around the underage magic stuff.

thx for posting.
fifespice chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
ooh cool a goblin made sword sweet i like how this is going so far as long as harry doesnt end up married to ginny weasley later on ugh really hate that pairing
fifespice chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
wow well thats a twist vernon is gonna help him interesting
Uncharted Power chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
You better make a new chapter. I like this!
bishop2420 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I am usually a traditionalist when it come to the fanfiction I read. I love the premise that Jk came up with but loath her execution. I am usually against stories that forgive Vernon, Petunia, Snape and Draco while demonising the , weasley's. I can go either way on dumbledore. That being said, you have seriously peaked my interest. I have never read a story that casts Petunia as the bad by herself. You righting seems good and I look foward to seeing you continue this story.

BTW if you have any similar stories that you like please foward them to me as I am interested infinding a good one.
Mcmllnchrstn91 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010