Reviews for To Save the Queen
Candles chapter 16 . 5/29
Hi! I was just wondering whether it was canon that Sabé is fifteen sat the time that Padmé is fourteen. If it is, that's interesting— the actress who played Sabé is actually three years younger than the actress who plays Padmé. I wonder why they would have organized it otherwise.
Fire Tempest chapter 44 . 5/13
REally enjoyed this, thank you.
fireice.ld chapter 44 . 5/5
On the sequel please write a obi-wan point of view chapter. Can you also have some romantic. Development between sabe and obi wan? Pretty pretty please?
AAAAAAGHHH THIS WAS SO GOOD. I'm going to read the sequel tonight (after I finish all that homework I've procrastinated on by reading this, at least. Ugh). Well, I'll leave you alone now, I've only left like 50 reviews in the course of the day. Amazing job, amazing writing, etc.
I just can't get over how perfect the characterization and everything in this is. Most fics have something that feels off, like maybe the characterization is good, but the setting doesn't feel like Star Wars. But you've accomplished a beautiful balance.
I really, really need to do math homework right now. I have five lessons worth of math homework, in fact, as well as several worksheets for literature and history, reading for criminology, and two weeks of science to do in a day. Despite all that, I'm here.
Darn, this is an amazing fanfic.
I'm glad you've emphasized Padmè's temper and passion. I think it was an important character trait that was very much overlooked in the movies.
I wonder if Sabè is a bit Force-sensitive...
You know, I came across this story and its counterparts once a few months ago, but declined endeavoring to read them due to their length. I'm so glad I didn't do so this morning.
Also, BAHAHAHA, 'INSPECTING THE SUPPLY CLOSETS'.
I love Sabè so much
At this point, I am extremely attached to these characters and may cry if anything happens to any of them.
Dangit, I was going to be productive today.
I've just started this, and so far, it's amazing! The characters feel very real, and I love how well thought-out all the details are. I'm so excited to read more of it!
Sack chapter 44 . 3/27
Firstly, let me say I really enjoyed this story. I read the whole thing in one go pretty well, I almost couldn't put it down. The way you write the handmaidens and Padme's relationship feels real, authentic and each character feels well crafted and intelligent. And though it's a familiar story to us it feels incredibly open and fresh because it comes from Sabe's limited point of view and her somewhat simplistic, naive standpoint.

Because Sabe thinks only of protecting her queen, her people, her friends and following her orders she doesn't notice how much she actually accomplishes, how important and vital she really is. Sabe sees visions and dreams of a burning girl telling her that she is incredibly important to balancing the universe, and Sabe still only views herself as a simple handmaiden. She really is a great point of view character to be seeing this story from, and really brings me back to the place I was in when I first saw prequels. But already we can see her growing and changing at the end the story, how she opens herself up to protecting the family she has created, to stepping more comfortably into the "queen" that until then she had only pretended to be. Sabe is someone, who as Obi-Wan says, has a gift for creating happiness, she is the net that catches people when they are sad or depressed, she is dependable in a crisis but she requires the confidence still to realize this. She still has so far to go! And I'm so excited to see it!

The way you write Padme is also quite good. So many people (including George Lucas) forget she has a wicked temper and will not be bullied or cowed by the powers that be. She doesn't take anything from anybody! She's foolhardy and headstrong and smart and young too. There's a softness to her but always there's an edge to it just underneath. She's a lot like Luke Skywalker in that way, soft and kind and willing to give the clothes off her back for you, but will always fight for her friends if need be. She would have made an amazing Jedi after the fall of the Order.

And speaking of Jedi: Obi-Wan was absolutely fantastic in this. You captured this mystery and grace while at the same time vulnerability and boundless curiosity to him that is really intriguing to read. I think that you've also captured what I call the struggle of Kenobi. That Obi-Wan himself has great difficulty in adhering to his own duties but is utterly persistent in completing them despite this. It's why I believe he can fly and is a good shot even though he hates to do both: it started as a contingency plan but then it became a duty and Obi-Wan cannot shrink from duty anymore than a plant can stop growing toward sunlight, even if it's meant to grow in the shade.

Kenobi in my mind has also always relied mainly on faith rather than instinct to guide him through his struggles. He isn't strong enough in the Force to Know his path. But he believes his path lies with the Light and with the Jedi, and in that sense he is stronger than some of his fellows, because instincts can be clouded but faith can guide you even at your most uncertain. And I think you captured that here, how he waits and listens and tries to hear something from the Force, this part of the Universe he can barely hear. But in the end the Universe gives him what he needs through Sabe and he trusts in the path he has chosen, and he struggles, because there is that uncertainty, but he continues down that path because that is his duty and his choice.

Anyway, this is probably overly long. I really liked the story and Sabe, keep up the great work!
Cynder2013 chapter 3 . 12/28/2015
Reading this for the second time in three days, which should tell you something about how good it is.
Brilliant Baritone chapter 44 . 10/26/2015
Alrighty, AwayOHumanChild, I finished story 1 again and bit was that a good decision! Obviously I enjoyed it and I blasted through easily. I love Sabé as much as always. My favorite things about this story is how you portray the main characters: the queen and handmaidens are given do little development yet you have given them personalities in addition to demonstrating a believable (in general and in regards to the SW universe) level of intelligence, bravery, and competency. I'm excited to ACTUALLY start In the Defense of the Republic soon. If there was anything I wanted to complain about it's probably that I find your combat scenes a little hard to follow and not as well described as the rest. However, there wasn't a ton of that and from what I remember it was handled better in the sequel. I'll let you know my thoughts as I go through that. Hopefully more often than at the start and the end XD Thanks again for writing and sharing this story! Hope you have a good day :)