Reviews for Unequally Rational and Emotional
huh, interesting
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 3 . 8/11
rotfl
K0yuk1-san chapter 55 . 7/9
This is getting ridiculous. I mean, yeah, sure, I like the story up until the middle. The initial premise is engaging. Negi having Chisame and Hakase as roommates instead of Asuna and Konoka. I like how their personalities rubbing off of each other. The differences of this universe v. Canon, the (slight) other anime/comic/book series reference, there's a lot to love in the first half. My absolute favorite moment is when Eva was drunk after lost her battle to Negi, Chachamaru comforts her with flawed handmade doll of Eva likeness, and hugging her... Man, I still got teary eyed from that.

However, I think when the Shadow Crystal Mage fic characters show up, boy, it was downhill from there. The plot grinds SLOOOOOOOOOOW in favor of character jokes that half the time aren't even funny, and LOADS. AND LOADS. OF REFERENCES. So many and unfocused I doubt average readers would get all of them, or even care. Should I have to read other fanfiction, or worse, somebody else fanfiction in order to get the story? If so, why? Why the hell should I care for another guy? Why not focused on your own story? You can't just dump lots of characters from other fics all of the sudden and expect the reader to care!

Honestly, this fic is become so convoluted and unnecessarily complex that I would bet you don't know how to tie up loose ends in a way that is better than the original Negima manga end.
kabs9000 chapter 7 . 1/30
I really love hakases personality in this
kabs9000 chapter 4 . 1/29
You, it really struck me just now how creepy the girls' obsession with a ten year old boy is. A great chapter. Loving the characterization
kabs9000 chapter 2 . 1/29
Wow
Darksied-has-cookies chapter 17 . 11/1/2016
you have way to many elements in this story that it is hard to keep track of dc marvel a multitude of different anime n manga and even a twilight vampire reference, you need to cut it down by a lot seriously i dont know where the story is supposed to be most of the time
AZalmega chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
WOw, great story so far. Your dedication and love for the Mahou Sensei Negima is very much appreciated. However, you should spice it up more.
Guest chapter 34 . 5/1/2016
In this chapter i see a good story faling to close of becomig bad, the things where good until the older versions of them appered, theres absolutly no motives to they staing in the story,in my opinnion they onli make de chapter boring whit their constant talking about the things of their version, i started to read this to read a fanfic wit history,not occ characters coparing their lives whit their cannon versions
ayleid chapter 13 . 3/17/2016
This is becoming confusing. I like crossovers, but this is turning into a Mega Crossover, in a setting where Akamatsu already designed a legion of characters. Without the characters' design as a visual aid, it could become hard to keep track of who is who and who is included in which plotline when so many characters from other series appear.
Still very funny and interesting.
Unlikely author chapter 41 . 2/27/2016
Love that list of Ariadne students at the end of the chapter. I will admit that I didn't recognize couple of if names but that seems to be a recipe for an awesome fic all its own,
Warrof chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
You, I have yet to see some take advantage of that fact. We don't know who Negi eventually 'hooked up with'. Even UQ Holder doesn't say as of yet (ticks me off). All we really know is that Chao's Father is likely Touta, and that Negi is her Biological Grandfather... Come to think of it, there is no reason to believe that Chao Lingshen is even her real name.
Isa Lumitus chapter 17 . 12/1/2015
Well. That was a long chapter. Normally I wouldn't mind; I use an average of at least 2k words per chapter as a guideline for filtering out the worst fics. It does make for a harder time keeping straight all the things I want to comment on.

First, what's with the Pepsi cans? Not Coke, not soda, specifically Pepsi. Especially since I thought Pepsi was pretty much US only. It's kind of reminiscent of the subtle ads I've seen, like Taco Bell arranging for itself to be mentioned in a bunch of movies for a couple years. Or Dr. Pepper in Steins;Gate. Or... You get the idea.

Second, what's with the frequency of petty thugs harrassing the woman of the week? I get that it's almost a tradition in Japanese works, but aren't there any other ways of producing damsels in distress when the plot needs a white knight? It's especially jarring given Japan's low rate of rapes.

Third, I do like Sakurazaki. I think the only remaining character I particularly liked in the manga that I haven't mentioned yet is Tatsumiya. I suppose there's also Nodoka... But that's a case of liking her for her patheticness, rather than her strengths. And contemplating that makes me feel like a horrible person.
Isa Lumitus chapter 12 . 11/27/2015
And suddenly, I understand exactly why Nagi cursed Evangeline to school. Of course the Idiot-Hero type would find being condemned to school to be the most horrible fate imaginable.

As much as I like Evangeline (she's my favorite in the manga), I can't help but think that she's the cause of pretty much all her problems. Sure, she was Cursed-with-Awesome, but Nagi offered her a good deal. And the school curse? Hell is what you make of it...
Isa Lumitus chapter 11 . 11/27/2015
*sighs* the Scrappy is here. Can you please tell me that it's just going to make a Stations-of-the-Canon appearance before being put on a bus?