Reviews for Unequally Rational and Emotional
warrof chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
You, I have yet to see some take advantage of that fact. We don't know who Negi eventually 'hooked up with'. Even UQ Holder doesn't say as of yet (ticks me off). All we really know is that Chao's Father is likely Touta, and that Negi is her Biological Grandfather... Come to think of it, there is no reason to believe that Chao Lingshen is even her real name.
Isa Lumitus chapter 17 . 12/1/2015
Well. That was a long chapter. Normally I wouldn't mind; I use an average of at least 2k words per chapter as a guideline for filtering out the worst fics. It does make for a harder time keeping straight all the things I want to comment on.

First, what's with the Pepsi cans? Not Coke, not soda, specifically Pepsi. Especially since I thought Pepsi was pretty much US only. It's kind of reminiscent of the subtle ads I've seen, like Taco Bell arranging for itself to be mentioned in a bunch of movies for a couple years. Or Dr. Pepper in Steins;Gate. Or... You get the idea.

Second, what's with the frequency of petty thugs harrassing the woman of the week? I get that it's almost a tradition in Japanese works, but aren't there any other ways of producing damsels in distress when the plot needs a white knight? It's especially jarring given Japan's low rate of rapes.

Third, I do like Sakurazaki. I think the only remaining character I particularly liked in the manga that I haven't mentioned yet is Tatsumiya. I suppose there's also Nodoka... But that's a case of liking her for her patheticness, rather than her strengths. And contemplating that makes me feel like a horrible person.
Isa Lumitus chapter 12 . 11/27/2015
And suddenly, I understand exactly why Nagi cursed Evangeline to school. Of course the Idiot-Hero type would find being condemned to school to be the most horrible fate imaginable.

As much as I like Evangeline (she's my favorite in the manga), I can't help but think that she's the cause of pretty much all her problems. Sure, she was Cursed-with-Awesome, but Nagi offered her a good deal. And the school curse? Hell is what you make of it...
Isa Lumitus chapter 11 . 11/27/2015
*sighs* the Scrappy is here. Can you please tell me that it's just going to make a Stations-of-the-Canon appearance before being put on a bus?
Isa Lumitus chapter 8 . 11/27/2015
As a chemistry nerd, I have to ask: diluted, concentrated garlic? That's a contradiction in terms.
Isa Lumitus chapter 5 . 11/27/2015
Once again, I find your characterization of Hakase likeable. Negi, meanwhile, annoyed me because he's just as clueless as in the manga. Chisame also annoyed me due to you getting her character right.

Negi's plan to teach while sick embodies the Honor-Before-Reason trope. Even discounting how his students would be affected by being publicly stripped, it shows a serious lack of respect for others to risk destroying the property of thirty people in order to save your pride.
Isa Lumitus chapter 2 . 11/27/2015
Oh. So Chao has already been through canon events? That is unexpected. Though if she's running out of time, I'm surprised that she doesn't give her journal to her younger self. Actually, I'm kind of having trouble understanding how Chao can make multiple loops without duplicating herself, or possessing her younger body.

Is Chao still on her plan to break the Masquerade? Part of why I liked her in the manga is that I really agree with her. Though my reasoning was more "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." I didn't have that exact phrasing, though, until I read HPMoR. I found this from Less Wrong's favorites, by the way.
Isa Lumitus chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
Okay, I'm interested in reading further. If other chapters are like this, the story might warrent a humor tag. I'm liking Hakase. She was never developed in what I read of the manga. I'm also looking forward to Chao.
The Flying Frog chapter 55 . 11/25/2015
Very nice chapter. I can only imagine how off-putting for Chisame it's going to be to have Arika present in their dorm as well.

Any argument about being possessive of Negi will fly out the window because Arika IS Negi's mother, so her word will trump Chisame's every time.

I love the references to Keys of the Kingdom in this as well. It looks like something is going to happen that'll make harming Negi very difficult in Keys of the Kingdom if Chisame's comments to herself about no longer needing to worry about him getting injured are anything to go off of.

Looking forward to more, either from this or Keys of the Kingdom.
Shinoki chapter 17 . 11/23/2015
...isn't drinking Kafuka's blood a really bad idea...? Idk, I'm just gonna keep reading
dragonrider66 chapter 55 . 11/22/2015
... huh, neat. wonder what universe this one's classified as.
Resisting the Borg chapter 55 . 11/22/2015
So basically now, you're just puttering?
Resisting the Borg chapter 54 . 11/20/2015
... So, that was meta. Actually, I have some questions about your version of Mahora. Is there A) a Class Black, or B) a Host Club? Just curious, but the first seems the sort of thing that Tsukuyomi would be sent to Mahora for.
The Flying Frog chapter 54 . 11/19/2015
Your writing style, as always, is impeccable.

I hope whatever you've got going on in real life smooths out soon and you become stress-free, or at least less stressed.

And yeah...I almost completely forgot about 2F.
dragon rider chapter 53 . 11/13/2015
huh. at least we know fairy tail might be part of the main story.