Reviews for Kiss With a Fist
shipwreck321 chapter 8 . 2/11
its good but too short!
Keith the Evil Dark Lord chapter 2 . 1/24/2015
I love your music taste!
Mega Kilo 69 chapter 8 . 1/9/2014
I absolutely loved it :)
Everyone chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
I absolutely love this. Thank you.
Funderly chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
Loooved it!
BladesoftheValkyrie chapter 8 . 6/14/2012
I really enjoyed this, and I think you absolutely nailed Jack's character and fleshed it out for us in this wonderful fic. Well done!
Redentor chapter 8 . 4/28/2012
I loved it, every word :-)
Redentor chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Well, I'm liking the story so far. Milo is funny and you seem to have the characters close on the mark. I was wondering for a while why Jack wasn't swearing every few seconds though, but that was probably intentional. I'll post another review after I've finished and I've checked the four boxes below the review section.

War,

Sadist.
Callencia chapter 8 . 4/24/2012
Oooo you scared me for a bit in that last chapter lol. This story was awesome! XD
Callencia chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
I'm loving the story so far. I like that you made your Shepard Milo Shepard, instead of the default John Shepard. Love his hair XD and you captured Jack's personality perfectly! Can't wait to see where this is going. Alright on to the next chapter!
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 8 . 2/22/2012
Whoo, that was a fun ride. And I was seriously worried for a few seconds at the beginning of the epilogue that Milo was dead. I'm really glad I was mistaken, because that would have been an awful ending. Although one I totally would have accepted; I like awful endings almost as much as happy endings.

Speaking of happy endings, I am glad Milo and Jack got their's, even though it's probably going to be short lived. While I'm at it, I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed this story as a whole. I was relatively happy with the romance subplot in the game, but you've just added so much depth to it, not to mention the new layers you've added to Jack as a character.

All in all, a great read. I'm kind of disappointed it's over now.
lazyguy90 chapter 8 . 7/28/2011
This story is fantastic. Excellent work on this.
Mr. Teatime chapter 8 . 7/23/2011
I'm a bit late to the party, but wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this. I'm not generally much of a fan fiction reader, so I can't comment on the average story, but this struck me as exceptionally high quality, especially for a story that is essentially romantic. Remaining excruciatingly true to the characters, against the interest of blatant fan service, is something I really appreciate. I think all aspects of Jack were very enjoyably encapsulated - and she is easily one of the most complex characters in gaming.

I also really enjoyed your take on Shepard. He reminded me a lot of my own; a renegade in many senses, but a good guy with a sense of humour when he's not punching people in the face. Milo also seemed very 'human' to me - not the smartest or the strongest person in the galaxy, but a tough motherfucker to knock down, and even if he is, he jumps right back up again.

Anyway, good job all around - I'd be interested to check out some of your other stories in the future. Cheers!
KennethRose chapter 8 . 7/5/2011
Well this normally isn't the kind of Shepard I go for; a bit rebellious and cold. I quite like him warm and cuddly underneath, although that's just because I'm a helpless romantic. I would argue that it's not my fault, but really it is. But a review isn't about me; it's about this story.

To be quite frank, I loved it. The characters, especially Jack, were portrayed realistically and enjoyably, and the development of their relationship was also interesting.

Keep up the great work!

Kenneth
N.Q. Wilder chapter 8 . 5/21/2011
It took me a couple of days to finish this story, but I enjoyed every minute. The title originally caught my attention, and I decided to see what it was about. I don't usually play as maleshep, so I'll admit I'm biased in favor of femshep - but the only maleshep I have is paired with Jack (and a red head, which is ironic).

Anyway, the things I loved about this story were your humor, your writing style, and Milo in general. The humor seemed fairly effortless and kept me constantly entertained. Your writing style also seems effortless and well polished. I appreciate the time you must have put into this. There are a few grammatical errors and typos, but a careful reread would be enough to fix those if you care to. I also love Milo. At first I thought I wouldn't like him, but he grew on me (smoking and all) and I really did root for him in the end. You were also faithful to Jack's character which I appreciated.

Some constructive criticism if you want it: Two parts of the story seemed unnecessary and I didn't particularly care for them. The search for Bobby and the faux-death scene. Part of my disgruntlement might be because both events are against the canon, and I'm not big on ppl doing that, but also they didn't add much to the story. I was willing to suspend my skepticism for the Bobby thing at first, when I thought you were going somewhere with it, but then Bobby just kind of disappeared. I thought you were going to weave themes, plot devices, and other literary elements into that part of the story, but as it stands, I feel like that entire segment could be deleted and the story would not suffer for it. I thought the sparing of the batarian had the potential to be something really great, but the plotline about the brother seemed forced. As for the faux-death scene, my problem with that is primarily that the reader never has reason to suspect that Milo is in any danger. Faux-death scenes are fine, but only if the author has built up enough credibility to where the reader thinks they might actually follow through. And that is a tough thing to do. There are a couple of ways to do this that I know of (which I would be happy to discuss if you're curious), but personally I never feared that Milo would die. Because of this, the scene came off as contrived and, again, could have been cut without the story suffering.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I hope you find them somewhat helpful if you continue to write. Thanks again for writing such an entertaining story and good luck with your future endeavors.

~N.Q. Wilder