Reviews for Saké and Subterfuge
MadameJelly chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
I'm really liking it so far. Kakashi's dancing, Iruka's interrogation, Anko's flirting...it's really great. XD I'll be looking forward to the next chapter when things start to go not so well.
InARealPickle chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
O.O

:D
The bestest ever123 chapter 5 . 11/11/2010
Abso-bloody-lutely amazing! Update soon, yeah? :)
Hatake Tsughi chapter 5 . 11/10/2010
That was the best chapter, I really felt the rising action! Iruka was great XD I hope they can get through to Naruto so he doesn't cause anyother mishaps _
Tara La'Quinn chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
*sigh* I suppose only with time I’ll be able to write like you do (maybe), to bad there isn’t a jutsu out there that I can use to copy such masterful writing…*sigh*…

Anyway…THIS STORY IS AWESOME! Sorry it’s taken so long to actually come and read it, school and life have swept me away, and it’s only been recently that I’ve actually been able to grab hold of a life raft. But now that I’m on dry land – for now, here comes my review!

Lol, Naruto’s expectations when it comes to missions had me laughing. I love his one-track mind when it comes to Iruka, and Kakashi’s well practiced act of snagging Naruto as he goes of on a side adventure completed the perfect picture! That and Iwashi’s evident frustration at being interrogated by two nosy sensei-struck genin – to funny!

And so much for breaking “their penchant for bad luck” – it /is/ Team Seven we're talking about, and besides, what type of story would it be if they /did/ break their record?

Lol, poor Sakura - the joys of having three family-less guys - or guys in general - for teammates. She has my heartfelt sympathy and pity. :)

And man, ugh! It is /such/ a drag when you meet a receptionist like that! No heart, and sometimes, seemingly no mind either…wonder what would happen if a rain soaked Ibiki came in with his team… *gives and evil cackle – lol!*

Kakashi! *raps the Jonin in a quick hug* I /loved/ his protective streak! The entire scene was priceless, and the threat very well deserved! To bad /NARUTO’S/ stupidity had to ruin it! Jeeze that kid….*closes eyes in disbelief as I stamp down my urge to strangle Naruto*

Thank goodness for Sasuke and Kakashi’s quick damage control and Iruka’s skillful acting! I would not want to know what would have happen to them otherwise. And Sakura – icing on the cake! Not that it seemed to do a lot of good. *sigh* I had forgotten how much Naruto has grown since those early days with Team Seven. *shakes head* I’ll be forever sorry for that lapse of judgment. I’m still somewhat speechless that he would actually do that – though why I am is beyond me!

Anyway…hmm, Iruka, Genma, and Anko. *ticks them off* I wonder if there’s one more shinobi hanging around to complete the standard four man squad? And maybe it's Ibiki? Lol - probably to much to hope for!

Great chapter! It gave me more than one good laugh, and Kakashi was awesome! I can't wait to see what happens to Iruka and Team 7 next! Well, as I've neglected my studies for so long, I guess I should be getting back to them, :( probably read more tomorrow, 'Later!

P.S. While I didn't have time to read your story, I have checked on your profile occasionally, and you have been been in my prayers - I hope that things have improved recently and cheers for your awesome missionary friend!
Auphora66 chapter 5 . 11/9/2010
Amusing chapter-thank you for updating before your schedule became busy!

Looking forward to the next update as always.

Wishing you the best,

Auphora66
Vithian chapter 5 . 11/9/2010
Aw, you don't have to worry about responding. I know you appreciate every review you get, and staying on top of them is kind of hard, so don't worry about it XD!

Anyway, love how most of this chapter is about Anko. She seems to get ignored in most fics, unless they center on her...

Vithian
Reidluver chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Yay! :) That Anko-she's an interesting one isn't she? XD But she does what she must to make sure the mission succeeds. I like how Iruka talked about pets he killed. I hope that deters the shinobi from hurting him, but alas I know that not ot be true. I can't wait for more!
Wing Moon chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
"Ummm… whattya mean by 'ninja?'" Iruka slurred tentatively, tasting the word in his mouth as though he didn't know what to make of it.

"You damn well know what we mean by ninja!" The bearded Shou cursed while increasing the pressure on Iruka's arm. "Admit it! Admit that you're one of them. A self-righteous killer for hire."

Iruka's eyes clamped shut and he gritted his teeth against the pain. His shoulder wrenched from its socket as Shou twisted it viciously behind the chunin's back.

Finally he cried aloud and gasped, "Y-you're right…"

"Hah!" Shou grinned triumphantly.

"I- I am a killer," Iruka admitted resignedly. "I remember my very first kill- Sakana. One minute he seemed fine, so full of life, and then the next thing I knew," Iruka sniffled, "He was dead. Just like that. A part of my life was gone and- and it was all my fault." Regret filled the chunin's eyes and his voice cracked with emotion, "I didn't mean to kill him. Poor little goldfish. How was I supposed to know that he'd die if I overfed him? I mean, why couldn't he have saved some flakes for later?"

The gangsters exchanged glances.

"You… killed your goldfish." Taiyo stated flatly, clearly unimpressed.

"Yes!" Iruka confessed brokenly. "He was such a happy fish…I think. It's kinda hard to tell with goldfish. And then there was my turtle. I sort of forgot about him for a few days…or it might have been a week…but, anyway, when I finally remembered to check on him, he was dead too..."

"This is a waste of my time," Hiroshi snapped in disgust. "We're done here."

"No, boss, don't give up yet. I'll make him talk!" Shou affirmed, cracking his knuckles.

"…And then one day I found this baby bird," Iruka continued, unfazed by the interruption. "He couldn't fly or anything, so…"

"Oh, he's talking," Giichi dug his fingers in his temple to stave off a pending headache. "Now would you please make him shut up?"

0000

I have to cover my mouth not laugh out loud b/c I reading this at school. I finally got some free time and I thought why not read this chapter. I should have known you would have a drunk!Iruka scene. My fave scene by the way. I love Drunk!Iruka as long as they are investigating him keep up the scene with him like this. I just love it especially the part with the goldfish. They think “We finally got Iruka to admit that he ninja .” LOL they were SO wrong.

0000

Despite his attempt at a casual answer, the ever-perceptive Sakura picked up on his unease. "Do you…do you think he's all right, sensei?" she asked hesitantly.

Kakashi closed his eyes and shrugged noncommittally. "That fire isn't going to start itself, you know," he reminded.

Sasuke frowned at the pile of soggy wood. "We should go back."

"There's no way we're going back to Konoha now!" Naruto protested fiercely, shaking his fist at Sasuke. "You heard Kakashi-sensei. We're waiting for Iruka!"

"Idiot. I meant go back to the tavern," the dark haired youth snapped, shoving his hands in his pocket.

000

This just too cute not point out. I love Naruto! This whole scene made me go “aww” in my head.

000

Next chapter: Things start to go downhill...

000

LOL I can only think about what you might be suggesting with this. Drunk!Iruka Kakashi and his sidekicks Genma amazing chapter )

Update!
maethebellydancer chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
I love Iruka's stall tactics. Patiently awaiting the next chappie.
Prescripto13 chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Good moments in this one, Why. I enjoyed reading it.
Tellytubby101 chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
MADE. MY. DAY.

*Snuggles you*. Intoxicated!Iruka is very smart with how he evades the truth serum. Anko is awesome, hands down. I like seeing her cunning as opposed to the common view of crazy. 3

THANK YOU!

-Tub.
TheEndofTag chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
and here i thought Genma was going to help Iruka by going himself...but looks like he went to Kakashi for backup instead...hey i don't mind about it at all...because that means there will be some Kakashi and Iruka moments..._...wow...Iruka is impressive...i mean just look at Iruka talk...hahaha...Giichi reaction to Iruka rambling was hilarious!...totally love every minute of Iruka confession..._...although i am suprise at how well Iruka is holding in...oh wait...didn't Iruka drank something else that was not the truth serum?...hmmm...maybe he drank some anti truth serum instead..._...oh my goodness...the next chapter does not sound good at all!...probably it went down hill because of Kakashi went in to help Iruka when he did not help at all...somehow i have a feeling Naruto will play a part of the push to downhill..but nonetheless, i am excited about the next chapter, so please update soon!
illereyn chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
Oh, oh , oh! What a great chapter! Just as Iruka proves that he can get around the truth serum, everyone tries to jump in to help, and everything goes complicated again! Anko's solution is probably the most helpful right now, drawing attention away from Genma's disappearance. Though one can't blame Genma either, right, since he _doesn't_ know how crappy a interrogator the yakuza guards are. I bet if Iruka was up against other ninja, that he'd be having a lot more trouble...

I'm glad you get inspired to write more from reviews. Please! Write more!
The . L O S T . Paperclip chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
Ah, the things being a kunoichi entail... Poor Anko. XD And poor Iruka. Poor Iruka's goldfish. Haha, this is an excellent story! ;) I hope your schedule lightens up enough to write more.
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »