Reviews for La Belle Vie
E.N.HA chapter 1 . 2/26
That...was...extraordinary. Quite...extraordinary.

In all seriousness, what you've done here is really wonderful. Your avant-pendant-apr├Ęs framework holds the piece together, which is usually necessary in a work that is mostly character reflection. The spacing and timing of your sentences is skillful; not sure how you pulled it off without any quotation marks but you did. Additionally, I'm impressed that you wrote this before The Great Game aired - I can see that episode in this and yet, like you said, it can also be more general.

It's very difficult to capture Sherlock's emotional thought patterns, and you've done it beautifully, as well as having simply written a good piece of English fiction. The conclusion gave me goosebumps. Thank you for this chilling, evocative work.
123-321 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
wow well done _
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
What happened?
deaka chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Love the poetic flow of this. Sherlock's voice is perfect and the angst is beautifully underplayed.
ice-connoisseur chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Haunting and lovely and beautifully written.
mremre chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Oh my! This is quite, quite an interesting take on Sherlock. I love the way it unravels down to how he would have done nothing to change it, nothing to prevent John becoming part of his life because he is helplessly enthralled by it. Bravo!
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Really enjoyed this! I like your