Reviews for Capitol Punishment
captaincadwaller chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
This really has great potential. :D As far as I can tell, people can only volunteer for other people that are chosen from their own district. Is that right?

I'm curious to see what you've done with district 12 (and the other districts). I'm guessing that they were rebuilt everything, so there wouldn't be another district 13.

So far, I'm _really_ not liking Lycra. Diele is okay... There's still 22 more tributes, so I don't have to pick a favorite yet. :P
Exit 185 chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
Diele seems like an alright sort of guy. I like his relationship with Dolabra (wonderful name choice by the way, the pick-axe from Italy that was used in the religious slaughter of animals. Was that intentional dear Clara?) though I wasn't as fond of Opal as I would have thought was intended.

-not my style of girl I suppose. Even with the sympathy vote she gets from being abused. Tweed didn't seem as bad as he could've been (I've known abusive fathers) so there was some realism in that.

Overall, good chapter.

This Update's Answer: I prefer present-tense, but that's only because it leaves the future of the story fully open to interpretation. If a story is in past-tense, it means that the hero/heroine must be alive in some form or capacity in order to be retelling that story.

Present-tense means they could drop dead at any moment, leaving for a lot more suspense.

-oh I'll still read past-tense books, but I just prefer writing in present-tense, and reading I suppose.
Toxophilite chapter 2 . 8/13/2010
this is such a cool idea for a quell!
Toxophilite chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Hooray! I love that idea!
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
I used to always prefer past tense until I read THG. weird, huh? I like present now. Great job! Love you!

Can you PM me details? Thanks love!
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Oh darling I love it! That's one of the best Quell ideas I've heard! Can't wait for this!
Ashyia Francis Belladonna chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Oh I like the idea indeed. Whats the bet that some lucky district is going to miss out. Oh is it only between 12 - 18 or everyone?
Artemis Randall chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
Really good so far. I think that this character is really good, but I have a feeling she won't make it. And, after I left a review on aCE, I found out that the sequel was already up. I really need to check my alerts more often... Anyway, I like the idea for this, though it's not really that horrifying. :) Good start!
TheSeamGirl chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
I loved this chapter :) Riele is very interesting and she's my favorite tribute so far! (ha)

I like past tense better, I'm not really sure why. :)

Update soon!
TheSeamGirl chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Ooh, I love the idea! :) Update soon!
Yume no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I really enjoyed reading your previous story, it's great to see a sequel being written!

Great idea for the Quarter Quell, but I have a question. Does that mean that anyone from any district can volunteer? So there could possibly be 24 Career tributes?
Penelope Wendy Bing chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I like it, Clara! Very original.

There's not really too much too say, at the moment. No actual plot and whatnot. But I'll see about getting you some epic reviews when we start reapings and such, m'kay love?

Glad to be around for the second time!

-P.W. Bing
Renka28 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
hehe, I've been writing a 4th quarter quell series too, but I didn't have the patients to list every tribute. The idea sounds cool. I'll be sure to read.
VividlyVisceral chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Excuse me while I squeal away into the Australian night. I was so pleased to see this update before I went to bed. (It's 11:36PM right now, I'm cutting it late tonight)

-simple start, but good. In answer to your question, I think that this Quell has the potential to be very interesting. I'm curious if any Districts will be spared- and also how this mass reaping will be conducted. :3 Hehe, ah the excitement.

Lovely Clara, very lovely. I'm looking forward to meeting the darling (and not so darling) tributes. xx

(I'm sponsoring this year- fu'yeah. :D)

Vivid.