Reviews for Beside You
Failisse chapter 13 . 2/25
I wanted to let you know that I am enjoying this fic, but that you've gotten a few things wrong. Ryou is actually his first name. In the American version of the anime everyone called him Bakura because they decided to stick with the Japanese tradition of calling someone you don't know well by their last name as that is the most polite. Only close friends and family members call each other by their first names. But Ryou is indeed his first name, not Bakura.

Secondly Anzu's eyes were only portrayed as reddish brown in the first season. If you look at her eyes in each of the following seasons they were changed to become blue. The author/artist also made her decidedly more feminine in later seasons. It is not yet clear to me in which season you're starting this story from, but it might help to make it more clear to the readers if you verify those details at the beginning in an authors note.

Okay, that's all for constructive criticism. Now I'll tell you what you're doing that I like. I love the decision you made to keep the Yaoi a part of this fic. It was a good call and very open minded decision of you as a writer. That shows strength. I also like how so far this seems to be a slow burn fic, taking the time to plot out the romance instead of making them a couple right away. That's another good decision. I like this fic so far and will be reading the rest of it. I know it's is already finished but I thought I'd leave a review anyways. :)
Forgotten Lost Ancient chapter 16 . 2/5
*whines* YOU'RE FREAKING EVIL, EVIL I TELL YOU
Time Materia chapter 34 . 5/31/2014
This was so great. Ups and Downs. I loved it. Bless you
Becca-Loves-Yuge chapter 13 . 8/4/2013
haha. I loved Season 0! I noticed the precious Anzu line! Oh, Ryou is Bakura's first name. Is there a reason you changed it?
Becca-Loves-Yuge chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
I was reading this while you were posting it on Tumblr. I think I'm finally caught up to when you stop posting it in the tag. I really wish you had said in the tag you would finish it here...or maybe you did and I missed it. Either way, I'm really glad that I've found this because when you first started writing this fic, it helped me get through a really tough time. I'm glad I can finally finish it!
RedMoonAlchemist chapter 34 . 7/12/2012
This story was amazing I loved how you used Yami from season 0 beautifully and the romance was amazing Love to hear from you soon
Artemis Nightray chapter 34 . 5/29/2012
Ok, so I started off reading the companion fic to this as I thought I should give angstshipping a try. I enjoyed the first few chapters but after that my mind was getting confused with the pairing so I had to stop .' so yah sorry about that...

Anyway! I then thought I should give revolutionshipping another chance and lo and behold I stumbled onto your story ;)

I really enjoyed this and having the focus on Anzu and Yami meant I didn't mind and in fact, actually enjoyed the Ryou and Marik scenes.

I enjoyed the build-up to the realtionship immensly and I rather liked the bit where Anzu was fixing the car and also your explaination of how Yami got his body was extremely interesting and I thought your way of portraying the shadow game was also really well done.

An amazing story (like you could write any other kind!) and really well written.

I also noted the Abridged series reference XD
princesskisara chapter 34 . 4/20/2012
I see, nice fight between marik and yami. And warm ending. With this i am finish to review this story. And thank you very much to finish this story. See you again at your other story.
princesskisara chapter 33 . 4/20/2012
Oh men... No coment... I am speechless... With this...
princesskisara chapter 32 . 4/20/2012
Hahaha... Nice start for the begining. I am agree with you at that one. I like this. Soo... Romantic
princesskisara chapter 31 . 4/20/2012
Hallo, i am back. I am sorry if it's took very long... I need sometimes to reread and finaly review. This is really are emotional chapter and also so friendly. Atem is soo romantic. I am happy to read this...
TheRealContestshippingPrincess chapter 34 . 12/28/2011
Loved it! Cute story!
els1324 chapter 34 . 12/26/2011
I have to start my review with this: I. Fucking. Love. You. I am so not joking right now. Ever since the dance recital chapter I've been listening to Marianas Trench NON-STOP. Good lord their music is irresistable! I would get down on my hands and knees to praise you for introducing me to them, no lie!

So anyways, lol, for the story!

I totally loved it! The beginning, the middle, the end, the drama, the love...*sigh* It was lovely! :) I laughed, I got teary eyed, and I laughed a lot!

I did notice in the author's comments that it appears many people complained about the relationship between Bakura & Marik. It didn't bother me, I read it all and enjoyed it, but of course I read this story for Anzu & Yami. I'm not going to tell you to refrain from including other major couples in your future fanfics beyond the main one, but it might be something you could mention in the summary? If people didn't read your very first author's note that's their own problem, but it might help you attract the kind of readers you want. It wouldn't need to be long or detailed or anything, just a quick "includes so and so" would do. Of course, you don't have to do that, what you did worked perfectly fine and those reviewers who were annoyed can stfu, haha.

Otherwise I don't really have anything to add, just a good job! :)

I'm still listening to Marianas Trench. I want to raid your music for other amazing bands now!
princesskisara chapter 30 . 10/14/2011
Okay, since i am not a dancer the only thing i could thing is... Good. I don't know about the other. But it is indeed good chapter. Good job then.
princesskisara chapter 29 . 10/14/2011
Oh, i like the ways marik yell at yami. It was for anzu though. It was beautifull friendship. I like it...