Reviews for Where We Start From
lealila chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Wow. Just-wow. I am speechless, I mean-. I find it so fascinating how you portray these characters (OC's, also) and give them so little time to speak, but it conveys so much. And they're different, tambien. It's not just Jedi we're seeing. Mon Mothma, Aen Jinn, *Malia*.

(I take this moment to squeel and say that Malia is my favourite. I love this whole thing, but Malia is a type of character we don't see often in the SW verse: a mother with a Force-sensitive child who is not a Jedi. Maybe Malia or Challo is/was, but we don't know that. There's so much backstory you convey here, and so little and I just appluad you for that.)

Anywho. Perspective. I mean, I really appreciate that there's not just Jedi because it wasn't just them affected by Order 66. Though I still love the Jedi bits-in Ahsoka, there's so much tension building and then she just bursts and she is feeling "the wild thrill of the togruta pressed down for so long." And then Chewie! (assuming "war is not a life" is Chewie) He was nice to see, because Chewie shows up then...just leaves.

I applaud you. It was beautifully written, and just marvelous in all.

(BTW...the mini-titles? Was that T.S. Eliot?)
Azalea.Rose chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Oh wow,you but all their feelings in words,even when it was hard you did that,yes maybe confusing with all the changes of people,but the reader ignored it,because the writing was so good.I personaly was upset when the story was finished

good job and keep writing
Sylverlin chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
So few words, so much punch.

My personal favorite: the hollow men.

...the broken shell [of Aayala] - had me in tears.

to say the courageous thing and how far one can go - tied at a close second. But, really, this is so beyond anything I've read here so far...
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I do not usually scream and wave my hands as if batting away bees when I read a very good story, but I suppose that means this has rocketed out of the realm of very good and into inexpressibly bee-batting. I was just about to tell you how much I loved "undisciplined squalls of emotion", how I could practically taste "Marain Allssia presses a hand to her mouth" (to stop from screaming) and how it didn't matter whether I knew they were canon characters or not, that wasn't the point, the point was that they were people-

and then I read "this love is silent" and it took me a minute to get it and then I did.

OhForce. That's one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride. I lovelovelove this take on Order 66, how you come at it from so many angles, the part with Ahsoka and the storm, Kit as "pale pale green but all business"-gah. Thank you for being awesome and, unlike most published SW authors, not assuming that your readers are idiots. There's so much about this fic that I could praise but I don't want to prattle on for too long-I do, however, have more bees to bat.

Feral!Ahsoka is written so well-no need to capitalize "togruta" any more because it isn't a species like Human, it's a species like nexu now. I love "no room left in her mind for the great plains and blaster memories " specifically, but the whole flow of that part in general.

"(no eggs, he'd said, but her mother called it barren and that was the day she thinks she stopped loving her)" OhForce. It doesn't even matter if it's fanfic or original fic, this is Good Writing with capitals.

Favorited so many times

(Are the titles/prompts yours or from somewhere?)
chucknotsteve chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
This is fantastic. Probably my favorite one-shot I've read on this website before. I feel like you completely captured the essence of Order 66 and everyone's feelings. From reading your other works, you can grab my attention to characters that I usually wouldn't pay attention to. I love this, great work!
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Beautiful! I love how we get to see how Anakin's actions effected every part of the galaxy, no matter how insignificant or far away. It's a truly beautiful story about what is probably the darkest day in the history of the Star Wars universe. Excellent job!
anakinpadmekenobi chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
That was beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful. I love how you switch between each person, each perspective. "war is not a life"...that was Chewie, wasn't it? That one I liked the most, no matter who the speaker is.