Reviews for A Guide to Not Making Your Tribute Suck
peetagrl3 chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
OMG that was awesome. I love this. AMAZING CHAPTER.
KingAlanI chapter 5 . 6/8/2014
again, so brilliantly meta in so many ways
peetagrl3 chapter 2 . 6/7/2014
Firstly, on answer to your A/N: I'm a zombie. And yet in sort of alive. I'm learning to love. See warm bodies.
And as for your story, is amazing. BRILLIANT. There isn't much to say.
peetagrl3 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
OMG this is genius. I love it
miyame-chan chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
ahhh! thank you for updating!
ToxicatedRose chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
This has gone from how to not make your tribute suck to how not to make your story suck, which is – quite frankly – wonderful. I've noticed people submitting crappy characters has, quite frankly, abated (I wonder if this correlates with your story...?)
But crappy stories haven't.

"Verisimilitude!" Deyna screeched, pointing at the ceiling. "This story does not have it. This is how not to do it. This is not how people react to terrible things. Unless you're trying to write a story as dumb as this one, you've got to make the reader feel what's going on. Make them cry when someone dies, want the blood of their murderer, and then cry again when they learn why the killer was the way they were. Make them loathe the Gamemakers, but see how they're part of a system; they're the expression of the problem, but not the source. Show how helpless every character is in the face of Panem's sheer inertia. From the very beginning, they should sense the characters' fear, because it's all so horrifically inevitable. That's the core of it. All it would take to save their lives would be for the Capitol to not kill them, but that won't happen. Show us how they react to being in the same room as their own death. Denial? Despair? Anger? Make the reader sick to their stomach. Make them dread reading on."

THIS. This needs to be kicked on everyone 1000 times until they can say it word for word.

Although this story isn't dumb. It's great SYOT satire, but it still makes its serious point. And I just love Tibi :3

... Poor fourth wall. When won't it take a beating?
District4-divergent-nephilim chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Hahahaha! By the way, Jace is from The Mortal Instruments
popgum99 chapter 4 . 4/29/2013
This was a very entertaining chapter. The Six Steps featured here will certainly help me in making a character. Hope you update soon!
popgum99 chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Deyna Balthazar is a very enjoyable character. :D And I really like how you gave the types of psychos good detail. Really like this chapter!
popgum99 chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
I really like the whole 4th Wall-breaking in this chapter, and I like the TV Tropes reference. Haha, and even though Liana Raolin Kiyera Rosemary Abigail Catalina Milania Reyna Sunshine Glitterwings McFluffysparkle is quite the Mary Sue, I kind of like her here, because even though Mary Sues are TERRIBLE, I find them hilarious since they're often obnoxious. The tips and faux pas in writing a Hunger Games fanfiction are very helpful, and true. Awesome chapter!
popgum99 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
This is gold. It's amazing how you weaved the tips into the story. This story made me laugh. It's written really well. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy the rest. You deserve a favorite story and favorite author!
Floatfoot chapter 4 . 4/13/2013
Nice job. Yes, I agree, this fandom has far too many sues.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
See...the thing is...even if you give this to a load of people with crappy tributes, they're still gonna make them that way. And you know, a lot of the things you said are okay, though I agree about the 1 in 24 rule. The problem with SYOTs, is that not everyone can see your profiles, so a lot of them are exactly the same. For example, I did one on a different website, and if you took the D4 girl and the D9 girl, took most of their skills out and put them together you would get my OC. And my OC could be seen as a Katniss knock-off. But that's the whole point. I don't read books unless I relate to/like the main protagonist. And I like Katniss as a character, at least in the Hunger Games, she got to boring in Catching Fire and Mockingjay, but anyway. Your points about grammar are very true, but you are trying to make us take away all that makes our tribute interesting to us and fun for us to write, because someone else got there first!
Guest chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
Will you please write more? PLEASE?
Face Value chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
Wow. This makes me laugh like crazy! It's a very well written and helpful guide. Keep up the good work.
311 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »