Reviews for A Guide to Not Making Your Tribute Suck
Chocolatiee chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
If I had an imaginary cookie on my hands right now, it would go to you.

I did get a couple people in my fic that are 'average', thank goodness, and because of that I really just want to keep them around longer. Oh, and D11 is actually supposed to have a darker skin tone.

Haha. Those all sound like great ideas for a continuation of this. I'd be particularly interested in that parents one, because yes, something is going around and those poor people are just dropping like flies.
Rena Pudding chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
This. Is. Amazing.

Screw flames, or even cookies. You deserve a cake.

I've always, Always wanted to see something like this.

Plus a few more things, like how come everyone (all girls) from D1 are blond, gorgeous, and play the seductive angle? And how come even the random tribute from 8 has the best survival clues (because in the books, D8 girl got killed because of her being stupid and building a fire, and it was described with a complete lack of nature, right?)

I also wonder how there's a pair of lovers in every story. It makes me laugh, though. I thought the KaP (Katniss and Peeta) act was wholly original and not played in every games.

Plus the 12 year olds. How are 12 year olds excelling with every weapon. In fact I actually saw a submission that said:

Age: 12

...

Strengths: (S)he is amazing with the bow and arrow, wielding it for the last five years. (S) is also amazingly talented with a spear, knives, swords, chakras, darts, etc.

Weakness: (S)he cannot run very fast.

True submission

I just have one issue: The blue eyed, black haired, pale person. I do know of a famous indian actress that has all of these features (except her black hair is wavy.)

Maybe you should do another rant about how every tribute is an orphan taking care of their family, or how every tribute has a dead parent. Or a boyfriend/ girlfriend. At the age of 13 or something.

Keep on ranting.
The Lady Cloudy chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Okay I totally I agree with u there just one thing I'd like to point out and I would like you to know I'm not trying to be mean about this but people can actually have violet colored eyes it very rare but true and if your albino u can have red eyes. Next time I make a female tribute I'm going to give her short hair because your so right like all the female tributes have insanely long hair!
Nice Career chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
i agree with a large portion of this,

and i hope all my chacters are not too perfect,

i just love them so much i hate giving them heaps of flaws :P

and of course i want my babies to be attractive :P

but i think i am creative (i try to be)

and descriptive.

you will more than likely have seen a charter of mine, as i love it :)

good work, you have given me a lot to consider :P

(i have never given gold eyes, but honey colored, and im gonna be honest) i have given ONE character violet eyes, dont hurt me! :P)
Skia9 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Well, well. Overall I think most of this was true, but some of it wasn't. One thing that bugged me was that you said every single female tribute has hair down to her waist. Okay, I have never in my entire life seen a tribute with hair that long. Also, I personally think that only 50% of the tributes are like supermodels. Even though it's still something that tribute makers have to work on, it isn't that big of a deal. Anyway, otherwise I think everything's true. This will definitely help people improve their tribute making skills.
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Haha. This was actually pretty awesome. Yes, it was a rant, but still. And everyone does want their character to win, which is why I like making Careers :). Hehe. This was awesome though. :).
fangandiggyaremine chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
You know, this fic actually made me rethink my tribute. I think that from now on, I'm gonna make some changes. Thank you so much for posting this!

Iggy: You'll need to change her eye color, hair length, and lots of other things, huh?

Me: Yup. Thanks again!
Telehphone chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I like this, I agree with the eye color thing, it's so annoying!

However yes, there are people with pale skin, black hair and blue eyes. Zooey Deschanel, Amy Lee, Alexis Bedel are just 3 examples of some celebrities who have pale skin, black hair and blue eyes and my dad has those traits. No, actually I take that back, he has olive skin, and grey eyes, so that would make him look more Seam-y but whatever.

But I agree with you on all the other points, espically the ugly tributes... Strange, right? I mean there has to be at least /one/ ugly person in the world, right? I agree with the 'so beautiful people won't kill me!" thing. No. Just no.

Anyways. I agree with you on pretty much all of the points, and I'll keep this on hand next time I create a Tribute!

Molly
Architeuthis chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
First off, I've always imagined Thresh and Rue as black; they are described as dark.

I do agree with the rest of your comments. People who submit tributes should remember that most of them are going to be POOR. They aren't going to have access to hair dye or colored contacts or anything else that would give them novel hair or eye colors.

Writers also need to consider realistic sizes and builds for their characters. Most non-Careers are going to be short and/or scrawny, simply because they don't eat all that well back home. A 12-year-old isn't likely to be huge or muscular.

And the business about somebody being almost hypnotically persuasive? Don't be ridiculous. The Careers, at least, would probably be trained to defend themselves against other people's mind games. They certainly wouldn't fall for them.
alliej077 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
.Gosh.

WORSHIP.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT. I was thinking that too. I just love how every character in the new stories are made with colored eyes..ahahah. AHH, I can't believe how spot on you got this.
ForeverYoursEmma chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
*Stands up and applauds*

This is pure genious. I am like you, I lkie submit a tribute fics, but some of the tributes are crazy. I have my own and surpisingly, I didn't get any awful tributes like that. Still, I have seen so many like that. This is wonderful and many people should read this before making a tribute.

-Emma
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
HALLELUJAH.
pk chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Actually I agree with you, THANKYOU for making my point, I know what you mean, it's seriously annoying and frustrating to the author. I'm not going to flame you because I understand, you deserve a cookie.
Turq8 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I love you so freakin' much right now. I'm writing one of those stories, and I got a tribute with (get this) red eyes and black hair with a natural silver streak. He is twelve years old, 5'8", smart and charasmatic, deadly, and his father is dead. I'm killing him off in the bloodbath
NarniaFreak chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
From here on out, you are my new hero and I love you!

Well, not THAT way, but thank you for pointing those things out!

Please continue?