Reviews for Ley Lines
Story Assembler chapter 38 . 6/16
Probably one of the few decent Mage fics floating around. The romance was sweet, even with the age disparity. I liked how you introduced Alex to the supernatural world as he grows into his magehood. The scene where Shadow is pretending to be a pet dog was pretty hilarious. The dialogue and characterizations felt nice and organic.

Overall, your story kept me captivated up and beyond its climax to its happy ending.
carcrafter7 chapter 13 . 2/14/2014
It's starting to get really good now
carcrafter7 chapter 6 . 2/14/2014
Wondering if she can see the line as well
carcrafter7 chapter 3 . 2/14/2014
Another good chapter wondering what is making that line I laughed at the last part.
carcrafter7 chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Very good first chapter felt like I was there and very descriptive and interesting even though so far it's just a guy painting
Night Sky Bliss chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I read your story, years ago, at some place long-since forgotten. I didn't bookmark it and wished I had, because the next time I looked for it, I couldn't find it. What a pleasant surprise to find "Ley Lines" here and read it again. Just as well-written and emotionally affecting as I remember. Thank you for posting it here.
Cherico chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
well finished it

god damned awsome, romance is hard as hell to write and you pulled it off.

keep at it.
BlueItem chapter 38 . 1/23/2011
D'aaaw, that was adorable. I'm not sure how accurate to canon it was, since I've only read some of the Vampire: the Masquerade source books, but I enjoyed the reference with Cain :D

Onto the actual review aspect: Writing was nice, flowed well. Characters seemed fairly three dimensional, and I like that the Alpha wasn't a complete villain. On the negative side, the short chapters were kind of jarring

Well, I'm off to read your Warcraft stories now :D
rednightmare chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Though I'm usually skeptical about chapters this short, I've got to hand it to you - you pull it off very well. These entries really do seem to read like a journal, something so few writers can manage, but they've got an added crypticness to them that keeps me reading eagerly on. I absolutely loved the canvas description at the end of your first chapter. The creation itself is such a chilling, effective moment of foreshadowing... intriguing, asethetic, but monstrous. Even with the heightened description of this segment, it still successfully keeps the diary tone.

I think when dialogue comes into play, however, the journal feeling wears off a bit. This isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's just the only part of your tale I've noticed so far that doesn't keep with the consistency of living inside your character's thoughts. That leads me to another point, though - I really love how your chracters retain a very casual and straightforward mindset, particularly the narrator voice. (Mrs. Chin and her aromatic cooking are especially nice touches. As is the company pressure number the 'good guy' boss lays on; truly a real-life slice of psychology.) The normalcy almost lolls readers into a comfort zone that we know isn't real... this being a World of Darkness story, of course!

Great execution, and admirable pacing, too! I hope you keep this up!