Reviews for Writer's Block
Syein chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Basically if Shizuru or another detective narrate the plot in first person point of view, it kinda gave away everything. More like, it will be easier for reader to see the hint being given than any other third party. Therefore, most audiences who don't have the same brain or deduction skill as the detective will relate more to Natsuki, and again, that's me right der.
Here's a funny fact, I did had a complete set of Sherlock Holmes but I never read it. It was a thick book, extremely thin papers with golden lines on its edge.
I bought it one day along with the complete set of Edgar Allan Poe's work in Barnes & Noble.
The manga Detective Conan inspired me to bought them, but then I can't even finish one page and just left it there on the shelf, I remember I was around 16-17 years old then. They are not the type of work that attract someone at that age. Basically, an impulse bought.
May your story motivate me to take that book out and read it again.
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Nice fic. I hope you do figure out how to write number four in this series eventually though. Good luck!
bubble.duckie chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
This is my first time reading a detective fic, "Sherlock" style since i gravitate more towards romance stories. I find it really well written though and I will not be surprised if you are a literature student or a pro writer as everything flows smoothly.
wolf chan chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Exquisite I tell you. Marvelous.
lurk-a-lot chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Wow, even your 'writer's block' is full of eloquence. _ Lovely little side-story, even if it does mirror your real life frustrations with the next EMDN story.

Thank you for sharing & I hope that you find a way around your writer's block. Cheers! _
deathcurse chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Interesting, I never imagined Natsuki as a writer XD.

"I wasn't quite sure why she asked,"-Because she luurves you! XD

"-but then again I wasn't even quite sure why I so often agreed."-Because you luuuuuuuuuurve her!

LOL, silliness aside-I like how Natsuki mentions to herself that she isn't sure why either of them did what they do. It's a nice subtle way to show that both of them are probably not being entirely truthful with themselves (Natsuki) or each other (probably Shizuru).

I like how you mention that Natsuki can tell the difference between when Shizuru is serious or not through her word choice-it really shows that they've been friends for a while and understand each other. Neat catch, I didn't really notice until you mentioned it here!

Awww, the ShizNat fangirl in me squeals when Shizuru started massaging Natsuki's shoulders XD.

Overall, this was an interesting fic, threatening to break the 4th wall at many points but never quite doing it. Good luck with "You Know My Methods, Natsuki"!
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Thanks for the author's insight. And an interesting way to try to deal with writer's block. I haven't _read_ many Sherlock Holmes mystery's, but have seen several of the TV adaptations, so I don't quite have that comparison. It's true though, that writing the stories from Shizuru's perspective wouldn't be as interesting...

Thanks, read you next time.
xn3ct chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Good to see you back writing on your Holmian Mai Hime Universe. I thought you were simply busy working on your other stories (since you have been posting regularly) and didn't know you were having a writing block. Having said that, It's pretty clever you managed to channel this frustration to write this piece. It's has a funny irony to it. It was a delight to see your characters again, I hope you will get unstuck soon.
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Oh, Natsuki, I'm sure anybody who has written a story can relate to the pain you feel.

Shizuru's advice is both incredibly simple and at the same time very difficult. When you say it out loud, it makes sense; to narrate things from your perspective, and to immerse the reader in the feelings, thoughts, and actions of the story through the eyes of the narrator. Of course, the difficulty in that itself is that in order to really do it well, you also have to be able to guess what the character is thinking... but since Natsuki is basing her stuff off things happening to her in life, it might be slightly easier, I imagine?

Still, though, Shizuru gives very good advice and it's certainly something to keep in mind; in essence, don't think about it too much, because you're really making it more trouble than it's worth.

... What does it say now that this has somewhat chipped away at MY writer's block...?

Also, I love how Shizuru and Natsuki pretty much have 'married couple' interactions and vibes, even if they aren't aware of it yet. It's both funny and sweet to read.

Hope the writer's block works out for you!
colorfulsunrise514 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Hhmmm. This story kinda seems like your explaining why you write in Natsuki's view instead of Shizuru's. It makes a lot of sense! LOL. Good story.
lupe629 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Its great to read some of your work again. Good luck with the writers block.
kurakami chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Love this little vignette btw Natsuki and Shizuru. I've read that story and think that Shiruru's advise is quite apt. She'd make a great editor LOL. Love how Natsuki can tell Shizuru is teasing. Great story!
justme chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Loved it! Thank you :)
katieka chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Thanks for the story. Sorry your having problems with the next EMDN but I wish you luck. Glad you posted this and are still working on all your stories. Well, like I said earlier, good luck, and I hope there will be a new EMDN installation soon.
Honulicious chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
this was a sweet one-shot. i love these two pairings in these character roles ;P