Reviews for In Memoriam
Subskadi chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
So sad and deep. A little one that holds great strength. I didn't cry either, but with right mood there is certainly capacity for that. Each well-written, brilliant little gem like your story builds me. I loved the strong love they've had for each other all this time. Thrawn is very much him and alive here, the picture you conjured brought him clearly and genuinely. Thank you for sharing this.
Kelana-ti chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wow. This really is sad. :C Poor Thrawn. Did you make up the last few lines? Very similar to the stuff in Revenge of the Sith... cool.
Mirime Kisarrastine chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I'm tearing up right now, you know. That was really touching. And sad, of course but somehow, I don't know, the lines at the end, the two itallicized scripts, made me feel good again, in a sniffle-sob-smile way... I'm not making any sense but I wanted to tell you how much I loved this one.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I like this one. It is a bit angsty, but the situation is certainly plausible.
Pureblood-Slytherins chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
This is very good and very sad. How on earth did you manage not to cry over this? I love it, especially because this is how actually might have happened in the end. I hope you write more soon! You have talent! Thanks for a good read!
Slade1987 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
...oh confound it, as if I don't have enough to read! Now I have to go find Outbound Flight and read that to figure out what the devil you're talking about here.

In short, congratulations, you've written a nice piece that has piqued my curiosity.
Aryna chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I like the story (fan of Thrawn) but it is a bit short. Would you write stories a bit longer than one chapter? You could have a story with Maris not dying : )

The legacy of Thrawn is a debut. Hope it would continue.
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
That was so beautiful! I loved it!
Padm Skywalker chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I love it! Well done!
serenity8118 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This is a really sweet, sad story.
BetaReject chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Wow this was so wonderfully done. I loved the silent mourning expressed here. How his every subtle move is really reveals his struggle ot keep it together to maintain the mask he wears in front of everyone else.

I really love that she did join the rebellion I could never see her joining the Empire either. I loved how she chose to remain true to herself and how in the end it cost her everything. How by contrast Thrawn chose the empire and in doing so he too lost everything for it.

I love how its been 30 years yet he still holds the flame for her and in turn she still did for him too. I loved too how he knows neither would be willing to cross that rubicon for the other but it would not have changed hte fact they loved each other. I loved his reaction too how it hits him so hard and yet he is not allowed ot mourn to express his pain because of the path she has chosen and the path he's chosen too.

I just loved that final message she leaves for him too. That silent letter of love and hope a reminder that even in the darkest hour she will be near if only in spirit...that was just beautifully done and so heartbreaking too!
Historian1912 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
You have officially been bitten by the Star Wars bug.

This is rather good, and sad. Who knew my old CO had a heart that wasn't made out of duracrete? (I was under Admiral Thrawn's command in the game Star Wars: Tie Fighter. Mon Calamari cruisers are MUCH more dangerous than they look.)

I really wish I could say more, but most of my experience with Admiral Thrawn consists of battlefield orders and watching his plan to crush the traitor Admiral Zaarin with what little of the fleet that wasn't at Endor. Adm. Thrawn made playing an entire game as an Imperial almost bearable.

Are there any books you would recommend that I read to understand the admiral a little better? You seem to have really taken an interest in him, judging by the number of stories you have posted recently.

Gamma 1 signing off (my in-game callsign)

God Bless

Historian1912
Imperial warlord chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Awesome chapter.

It was so sad and I felt sorry for Thrawn and Maris.
pronker chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Poignant and just the way things probably happened. This is really good.