Reviews for It's My Life
tkepner chapter 15 . 3/15
Nicely done! Keep writing.
tkepner chapter 4 . 3/15
Minor math error on your part: Harry is in 8th grade, not 9th. He is starting what would be his 3rd year, meaning he has 5 years to go. Counting down 5 from 12 gives you 8th grade.
Lovely fic
lrsgreenleaf chapter 15 . 3/4
Thoroughly enjoyed your writing!
Whoa whoa, why is Minerva shifting all the blame onto Dumbledore: She was his Head of House! She's just all guilty here! If anything it was her responsibility to check after the students under her direct care and be available for any concerns they might have.
Hey hey, what's with the US schools being the best lol that's just so mean to European countries :P
Well at least the transfer process is super-simple in the magical world! Can you imagine transferring schools normally? It would be a pain.
Yeah, don't think UK magical society has any child-protection or health-and-safety laws in HP lol
In fact it looks to me relying on magic just makes them go along with things "mortal danger? no worries, have a day in the hospital wing!". They are "above" such muggle things as therapy :P
The Green Eyed Cat chapter 15 . 2/18
I absolutely completely & utterly adore this fic! All the stuff about Dumbledore I've thought before, that even if he was being very niave, that he had seriously neglected quite a few students under his care as headmaster & with Harry's case it was abuse via negligence or failure to act as well as purposefully putting him (as well as potentially many other students, if not the entire student body) in serious danger. The only thing I wish that was added was that I felt Snape really should have apologized to Harry (if not the entire student body excepting the Slytherins) for his terrible & frankly abusive behaviour. He hated the way he was bullied but he's in a position of power as a teacher & that makes it abuse & far worse than anything that happened to him as the students literally can't fight back. It just felt like that was left a little unresolved. But I really loved everything else. It's a fantastically written story & I love it. I am very thankful that you wrote it.

:-)
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 2/12
Excellent story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I liked your new characters, as well, especially Anarosa and the healers. I guess now, with Voldemort "contained" and on the way to being vanquished - as long as Dumbledore doesn't take another 12 years to get rolling on the remaining Horcruxes - and with a family to love him, Harry really doesn't need to attend school all year long. Perhaps he can travel and visit his friends.

Snape and Sirius cooperating ... Who'd ever have believed it?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 2/11
I love it when McGonagall "gets her Scottish up" and goes after DumDum in her brogue. Hehe

Whoa! It's a good thing Neville gave Harry a heads-up on this. Otherwise, Fudge and Dumbledore would have waltzed in and kidnapped Harry. Of course, I'm sure they eventually will anyway, but at least everyone will know what happened.

I can't believe they honestly think Harry is obligated to do their dirty work, the cowardly arses.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 2/11
Well, it looks like Harry, with Anarosa's help, managed to open Sirius and Remus's eyes to Dumbledore's interference and manipulation in all three of their lives. Good! I suppose it's too much to hope that he will stay away from them.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 2/11
As usual, Hermione can't resist showing off her knowledge about Harry's school and has given Dumbledore exactly the info he needs to zero in on him. I wish she would learn to keep her mouth shut around authority figures and stop believing everything out of Dumbledore's mouth. Harry should never have confided anything specific in her.

Interesting ... I wonder if Sirius will go to America to be with Harry (once Burt Buttinsky aka Dumbledore) susses out where Harry is.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 2/11
I see that Hermione is still her same old authority-worshipping self. I find her suggestion to talk things over with Dumbledore rather amusing, as he is the chief reason behind Harry's flight.

I think Hermione and the Weasleys are too enamored of Dumbledore to give them any information. I agree with Harry that DD has "an unwarranted interest" in his life and don't blame him for wanting to get away. I hope he is able to stay clear of them.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 2/11
It sounds as if the Hogwarts education is sorely lacking. The Americans seem to be trying to incorporate a general knowledge of nonmagical subjects into the magical ones, which makes complete sense.

I'm glad the teachers seem willing to tutor Harry to bring him up to speed.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 2/11
This is quite an interesting story. The new school sounds nice, but I think Harry is going to find himself harassed by "outside sources" and should enlist help in guarding against kidnapping attempts. I hope the Dursleys don't give away everything, although I suppose Dumbles will just use Legilimancy on them and obliviate them afterwards.

Dumbles has an unhealthy obsession with Harry and likes to keep him under his thumb. Harry needs some adults in his life who'll stick up for his interests rather than their own.

I wonder if Snuffles has figured out where Harry is. If he heads to the U.S., what are his legal issues?
1,744 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »