Reviews for It's My Life
jo463 chapter 9 . 7/13
Loved it!
suziq968 chapter 15 . 7/12
Second read and it's still really good! I think Dumbledore probably should have been chastised better and Fudge needs a reality check but you can only do so much.
Ann Jinn chapter 1 . 7/11
I love rereading your stories. Still as fabulous as the first time I read them.
I'm so glad I found this...and that you made Dumbledore and Snape out to be decent in the end. It was a very enjoyable read, thanks for sharing!
zeldanerd chapter 4 . 7/3
I honestly love this story and I am very excited to keep reading it, however there is one issue I would like to point out if it hasn't been brought up already. I was very confused as you kept referring Harry's 3rd year of schooling as 9th grade. In actuality, it would be 8th as schools in America only go to 12th grade. Hogwarts first years would instead be going into 6th grade not 7th. Once again, love your stories and keep up the good writing!
siobhan.22 chapter 15 . 6/28
Great story
csheila chapter 9 . 6/26
Love this story. Great use of all the characters. Nice changes for Harry. I love when he smartens up. Plus this Harry is talented and sweet. I will miss the school
Pygmy Hippo chapter 15 . 6/25
This is amazing! I loved the story! :D great ending too! Thanks for sharing!
torlan2003 chapter 14 . 6/25
Great story, excellent display of magical and non-magical advancement plus research. Thank you for writing
Military Fail chapter 8 . 6/22
"Minister Fudge, is it your intention to start an international conflict between your country and the United States? If so, please be aware that this meeting is being monitored and our own Aurors are within the building waiting for my signal. Do you really want me to give it?"

Yeah, that seems...apocalyptically suicidal. No-one can match America's military strength, as far as I'm aware, and its magical military strength would be close to or exactly the same as its non-magical strength.
So Fudge was about to involve his nation in a three-way conflict: Magical Britain v Riddle v Magical America. Dumb shit would've doomed 'his own' nation (actually the Queen's, but pureblood tradition essentially illegally seceded the Magical British world from Hers).
RevDorothyL chapter 15 . 6/23
VERY satisfying!
P chapter 12 . 6/19
"found the entrance to the Chamber (a second floor girl's lavatory)"

Wait, what? Second floor? If that's the case, where the hell is the slimy slide? That thing must pass through the first floor somewhere! Ghosts should've phased through it countless times!
Schrödinger's Slide! Both exists and doesn't exist at the same time! Holy fuck the architecture is insane...

"One tool permitted Agents to have a receiver implanted under the skin in the ear to receive communication and a transmitter to be implanted in the agent's throat, making both invisible to the naked eye"

...The phone just rang; Konami wants its Codec system back.
"If not, I'm sure the President would be willing to supplement your forces with our own forces"

Or, y'know, Her Majesty, the Queen of England and the Commonwealth? Just drop a couple of bombs on Flight From Death's base, duh.
As Magical Britain is still part of England - and thus, part of Her domain - I'd think She would have to assist in any counterterrorism activities. Seriously, just contact the Queen already, you dopes.

"One can only hope that Mr. Potter has not chosen to refuse his help because he is offering it to the Dark Lord. Perhaps the citizens of Britain can help turn the Boy-Who-Lived from the dark path he is choosing to follow"

Correlation does not always mean causation, you stupid bug. Really, someone should just get some bug spray, like Mortein, and get her.
P chapter 6 . 6/19
"the train was stopped and searched for that escaped murderer by horrible things called Dementors"

Oh yes, the happiness-sucking, soul-stealing PRISON GUARDS went through a train filled with DEFENCELESS CHILDREN. Those same awful guards were then posted around the school, with almost nothing preventing them from entering the grounds themselves.
...How have Hogwarts and the Ministry not been sued to complete bankruptcy yet? Mrs. Diaz, have a field day with this one!
"Harry noticed the large black dog looking curiously into the alley"

Really? You sure that large, Black dog didn't have a Sirius look on its face? Or make Snuffling sounds?

"Victoria Graham, a septuagenarian"
A...what? That's a word? Dictionary time! ...So she's between 70 and 79 years old. Huh. Wonder if there's something for 20-29 years of age, or different digits in the tens column...

"To activate the port key, touch everything that you want to transport with you and say "Portus St. Croix Academy"."

Better go out and find that Black dog; I'm certain you'll find him quite the loyal protector.
1,977 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »