Reviews for Four Questions Rachel Asked Herself
Thyatira chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Ooh, a nice introspective piece featuring one of my all time favorite characters. Another definite fav. Thanks.
mistrali chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
"Creating life" versus Rachel's daily killing - and her nightly reliving of it - is such a great contrast. And congratulations for addressing such an important moment and integrating it so well into Rachel's other issues and the fic as a whole. Getting your period isn't pleasant in normal life - I can't imagine having to deal with it for the first time (or every month after that!) when fighting a war.

"Would I have to wear a pad inside my morphing leotard? Would it still be there when I demorphed? And if it was, did that mean that my pad was just hanging out there in Z-space? What if -"

I really love that you addressed these sorts of questions. I wish KA had talked about this sort of stuff in canon - but then I suppose that would've been a tad mature for the target audience. Besides, it would've raised the whole question of sex.

And that last bit in italics was fantastic.
Shane C chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
wow. fantastic. once i got over my own genetic programming - the code that tells all dudes to be squeamish about the psysical subject of this fic - i greatly appreciated all of the advanced literary devices at work. you're a talented writer, to be sure. i love how you didn't over-simplify rachel's mindset of being hard and vicious and not knowing or caring why. of /course/ she'd wonder about herself and worry about not only the consequences of her thought process, but to the /why/ of the whole thing. people like to write her as this violent monster, which is absurd. i think the "darkness" inside of rachel would have scared her more than anyone else, and you brilliantly captured it. i see her as more of a practical realist with a quieter conscious than most (or even just a late-acting conscious), and you really portrayed that perfectly. i'll be looking for more work by you - a well done piece, to say the least. wish we still had this kind of quality in the fandom today. i know this was written over two years ago and you probably won't even get this review, but i had to thank you for sharing this!
Darth Krande chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I love nr. 3 but the others are good too!
Deleted - No longer in use chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Hmm... I like it. It has a certain, uh, connection to the outside world; through the [annoying] power of mentrual periods. I dunno, you can kind of feel what she feels; when she describes the blood and whatnot.

So yah, well done! :)
Tobias Mason Park chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Loved it! Couldn't stop reading.

I especially liked the parts about David, but that's necause I have an odd fascination for that particular character; and, to be honest, I always felt that David got a raw deal in the books- despite how insane and sadistic he may have been, he was, up unitl he became a nothlit, a human.
LyricsofEpiphany chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Really good and unique. rachel is my favorite animorphed so i loved reading this :)
Zarohk Korobase chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Strange, captures wonderful surrealism that the books never did, and is sad and poinyent [sic] all at the same time.
HotPinkCoffee chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Ugh, ate my first review.

This is fantastic. I really love how you used the concept of Rachel's period - a woman's natural, biological propensity for blood - to frame her issues with violence. The last line is utterly perfect, as is the line "when did our bodies become a battlefield?" - it perfectly captures the resignation and darkness of the series' concept. Well-done.