Reviews for Learning
Oh wow this is amazing!
Lowar chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
This is one of the most adorable fics I've ever read! Thank you! _
ShiftySpaceCow chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
An in-character Jack and Zaeed story without saying "fuck" or "goddamn" at all? Now that's talent.
Black Jack278 chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is an awesome fanfic, loved it!
Ikaru Sentinal chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Fucking adorable. I grinned the whole time while reading it. XD And That was sweet to. I prefer to read romance into it as well 3
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
: D I love the pace of your sentences and how you describe the Normandy. I can really hear Jack saying (or thinking) "the hum of the boat". Zaeed is really in-character here. I just got Zaeed, and wanted to write about his meals with the crew, and him and Jack comparing tattoos-but maybe you've done it for me. : P I love this line "It's almost like being able to pretend she's all alone, yet knowing that there's people there, just in case."- that could work just as well as in original fiction. Your sentences are simple and lovely. I love the comparison between their smiles at the end. Neither character is touchy-feely, but your little descriptions of their sour smiles (and the background of the ship proper running through the story) make this feel very real. Good!
Pinophyta chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
That was very pleasant and sweet. Well executed, and good interaction. Zaeed is one of my favorite characters, and I'm interested in fics that explore Jack too.

But the best thing is that you've left it open to interpretation. I can't stress enough how much I LOVE that. Because I can see the romantic overtones, but personally I see it as a case of paternal affection. And I think it works just as nicely.

Excellent job.
Black Aliss chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I love this style. In present tense, delves into the character's thoughts, sparse dialogue, contemplative. It's lovely and light as a feather. I'd never thought that Jack had a soft side, but she never did have parents or anyone to rely on, so it makes that she's still innocent somehow despite all the murdering and violence. I wish you would continue this, I think Jack and Zaeed could work.

You're very talented, you know that? Keep up the good work, this little story put a smile on my face.
Mr. Martin chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Very nice.

I always imagine Jack and Zaeed having a pseudo father-daughter relationship, especially after Pragia. She hangs around him because he's the only one she doesn't hate and he takes her under his wing to direct some of those destructive tendencies. I my version he eventually gets her socializing with the crew, it's not like she suddenly perfectly well adjusted though. She just starts opening up to people, seeing the crew of the Normandy as sort of a family.

Oh and a quick little idea I had about Jessie. After Tali comes on board she comes into Zaeed's room looking for some spare parts and notices the rifle. She fixes it and presents it to him, and tough old badass Zaeed breaks down in tears and hugs her.
CreativityInACage chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
this was so well written, and really really cute x3 and its refreshing to see a jack fic for once! Nice work.
Jelfia Maleak chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
wow...just wow. that was very well done. good job.
Pisces chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Baaauh... Friggin GREAT! I love Zaeed (he somehow ended up one of my favorite characters from ME2 by far) and the interaction between Jack and him was beautiful. I always felt those two could get along well, and this is one of the best done instances I've read of their potential relationship. I would love to read more from you on this subject.