Reviews for Point of Succession
Blazedoll chapter 21 . 6/28
Wiw! Really, an amazing story... keep it up. I'd really like to read it till the end.
Aaaah this has been a really interesting read! I hope you come back to this one day and finish it! ;o;
I always wondered if this story has been abandoned...
Update please! This story is so awesome, I'm dying to know what'll happen next :(
Darcy18 chapter 21 . 10/16/2014
Amazing story!
I hope you'll update soon :)
RosePetal158 chapter 21 . 6/7/2014
such a good story, and you don't update? shame on you. XD
But... do consider writing another chapter, alright? Please?
Guest chapter 2 . 4/12/2014
So the chocolate eating kid approached the suspicious car, a Candy Van totally could have kidnapped Matt multiple times.
ChibiKarasu54 chapter 21 . 4/10/2014
Oh my god, why haven't you updated?! That's blasphemy! You can't just say it's the first part for the last chapter and then not update in roughly two years!...

Gah, sorry about that. Just had to get it out. Anywho, this fic really enthralled me and I love how is written. I love how it's all slowly weaving together to create on big picture. Anyways, if you do happen, by some miracle, to read this,take us out our misery and post what's left of the last chapter!
Shuuwai chapter 21 . 11/23/2013
Oh man... Matt.
To find Near like that... and to know that his best friend was the one to do it :/
And that ending!

Please up date soon :(
JadedHowl chapter 21 . 10/27/2013
Awesome stuff you've got here. I hope to read the full and finished version some day. Thanks (:
Guest chapter 8 . 10/21/2013
So while I've been enjoying your piece, I found the characterization in this chapter to be very... off. Mostly with L. He seemed far too disjointed, even from the other chapters.
OneshotPrincess chapter 21 . 7/18/2013
This is one of the best Death Note fanfics I have ever had the pleasure to read. I can't even begin to describe the emotions I felt when reading through these chapters I hope you update soon!
American Robin chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I might leave a better review later down the road when I have the time or when I've completed reading this, but I just have to say that this story has me enraptured. I'm trying to understand everyone's motives and piece together why exactly each character does what they do may that be kidnapping or talking to serial killers as "research". I feel like everything is not exactly what it seems and hoping I'm right. it's sort of like murder mystery to me even though who the murderer is isn't whats the mystery. I'm probably not making sense. Anyway, this is really great. One of the better Death Note stories I've read. I thought B/Light was always an underrated pairing, but I love it for it's absolute creepiness. It's like a triple fudge sundae. You know it's unhealthy but you eat it anyway.

Also, Matt with pink hair is the cutest thing. I giggled for about five minutes at that. Poor, poor Mello. I just want to hug him.
ktanamtea chapter 21 . 4/27/2013
Absolutely brilliant! Disorienting, but in the best possible way, like Death Note meets Palahniuk.
Afael Ishtar chapter 21 . 1/31/2013
So I found this on TVTropes and went through the whole story in a couple of days. And damn, you can write intrigue! :D The plot twists are realistic yet unexpected, and for the first time in quite some time I actually didn't know what was going to happen next. The characterization is also great, especially with B, Mello and Matt and the relationships between the three of them are just thrilling to read. B being as sane as it gets is a wonderful twist to his personality and I think it gives him depth he lacks in many other stories. Mello's pride and stubborness as well as his inclination to insanity - if it can be called that - is portrayed very plausibly, without any overt or too sudden jumps (despite the fact that the timeline only covers... a bit over a week if I'm still counting right? Not counting the flashbacks and such) and his interactions with B are just... well, spot on. On the other hand, Matt's sanity - at least compared to the rest of the group - is a good contrast to Mello's personality even if the first time they are actually around each other in this story is in the last few lines of the latest chapter. The way their friendship is all the time in the background (or rather creating part of the background) balances BOTH of their characters and also gives them that much more depth - and, in a sense, makes the whole story just that bit more cutting.

Of course, L and Light aren't any worse. L's portrayal here is rather unique in my opinion, but in a way that supports the more "mainstream" traits of his personality. He's maybe a bit harder than what is usually shown, which suits him just perfectly - after all he has been shown to use some rather questionable methods in canon too. Light, on the other hand, is a bit softer - but then again, he isn't Kira. What I like the most about your version of him is the way he KNOWS he's not alright in the head. He has issues, he knows he has issues and he acknowledges the fact that they will most likely cause him - and more importantly, someone ELSE - quite a bit of trouble in the future. If he survives for that long, anyway. Not to mention his interaction with B. Exaggerating a little, it almost makes me giddy and sick at the same time. Above all, though, it's interesting.

Greatest surprise, though, is Watari. The first time I see him this cold, but really - that's what should be expected from the man who founded Wammy's. Your average grandpa doesn't go around collecting genious kids and turning them (through brainwashing) into super detectives with serious mental problems, whether it be plain old madness or too much sanity. And really, "they all want it, even L". Just... damn. (Oh and that thought L had about Watari and not letting B get him? I love the psychology this story uses to its advantage.)

Overall, this is one of the stories that are great - wonderful - but give me a kind of sick feeling in the back of my throat. It's good, it's intriguing - and it's sick. Because it's all going so damn wrong and they all have issues and the world isn't nice or pretty but ugly and yet at the same time so, so precious. And they try to hold onto that even if they're cynical and disillusioned with the world and other people and themselves.

If that makes any sense. I suppose it's realistic, the word I'm trying to convey. It's kind of weird, though, that it's MATT who makes me feel the worst. Usually, it should be Mello, but in this case the way Matt's the one who is being left behind just strucks me.

Anyway, what I've been trying to say here is that this is one great fic with a good and interesting plot, wonderful characterization and smooth writing. I hope you'll get the inspiration to finish this because I really think the story deserves an ending (and the current cliffhanger is killing me here XD).