Reviews for Stray
mbob4980 chapter 1 . 8h
Whhhhhyyyyyyyy! It’s past midnight and I’m crying my eyes out. Someone needs to write a fanfiction on this fanfiction. Beautifully done. It will take me a while to get over the heartbreak
perfectperplexity chapter 16 . 5/24
youve killed me, thank you :,)
galacticmagic chapter 16 . 5/13
Read a lot of your work in high school and thanks to some strong nostalgia, I found it again as I graduate University. Cheers, mate.
Just Crucio It chapter 16 . 4/12
I don't have much to say, but I wanted you to know that I absolutely loved reading this.
MsSweetSerialKiller chapter 16 . 3/18
brutal I am dead
Call me Bessie chapter 16 . 3/8
Oh, my word. That was beautiful.
Thank you for your take on Sirius. It's wonderful to have a break from the ever-suave, ever-smirking womanizer that people seem to see him as (what is it about fanfiction in which all the characters' traits are either grossly exaggerated or completely ignored?).
Thank you for a more realistic romance, that took time to develop and wasn't of the "crash and burn, then get up and burn again just as intensely" variety.
Thank you for a realistic OC, who wasn't especially beautiful, wasn't simpering, wasn't perfect. Thank you for creating a human.
Thank you for your realistic end to the story. However much part of me is screaming "I don't care how much it would cheapen the story, I want a happy ending, dangit!" I appreciate that you took the relationship to its logical (and canonical) conclusion: It had to end, and if Eliza knew about magic she couldn't remember it.
All in all, thank you. Despite and even because of my heart being torn asunder by this, it's truly refreshing, engaging, and enjoyable.
Still crying every time I read it
Amazing, wish you'd never given up writing :( (that's a subtle hint for 'please start writing again') x
N chapter 16 . 2/4
Oh wow
Divya chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
Hi. I see this was written a long time ago, am not quite sure if you'd read this review but still thought I should write.

I haven't read many Sirius/OC fics out there, but among the ones I have, this is the best. Firstly, the moderate word limit attracted me to it. When fics are 150k plus, they are too long to read and it becomes boring. This one though has the right amount of description and dialogue, something we get to see in published novels, rarely in fanfictions. So, at no point in the story I felt like putting my phone down.

The plot progression was amazing. Sometimes fics feature an arrogant guy with girls drooling over him and suddenly he starts noticing the female lead whom he had ignored most of his life; this seems like an unbelievable or highly cliched coincidence. However, in this one, I liked how Sirius was bound to the place because of his bike until he developed feelings. Also, I found Eliza's talkativeness and gullibility quite natural. Sirius' character had some weight. None like the shallow, womanizer. Much like a younger self of the noble character JK created.

I also admired how Sirius kept quite about his life, his friends. Also the part where he didn't tell her how he got the scar because Remus' secret wasn't his to tell. And how he is skeptical about telling her his secret.

Very well written.

The word 'obliviate' broke my heart. It's still aching. Already wiped my tears about ten times now. How much I would love if you could make a sequel. A one-shot at that.

Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 16 . 12/11/2016
u killed me
SiriusHadesWinchester chapter 16 . 12/6/2016
Thats fucking heartbreaking oh my lord
Guest chapter 12 . 11/7/2016
Please write more lily/james stuff!
Guest chapter 11 . 11/7/2016
Thay
Penrose Quinn chapter 16 . 11/6/2016
This one deserves to be reviewed. Coming from someone whose too lazy to review, that's something. Wow...this is actually a great story. I mean, I can't help but comment how captivating this was. But I hope you won't mind a little criticism.

Okay. Let me start off at how this fic had been such a fresh breath of air from all the other womanizng, marauding Sirius/Ocs stories out here. The plot, although simple, was, well, very light and charming. Your writing was honestly just beautiful. Emotional and descriptive when it had to be, which is fine. Actually, I had a feeling this would turn out rather poignant in the end. Heartbreaking, but very effective nonetheless.

Let he start off with this: Sirius. SIRIUS. Goodness, from all the depictions I've read about him, yours by far was the best. He wasn't shallow nor mean, as most depict him. Not the Marauder, not the womanizer...he was fudging Sirius Black! There's that sense of depth in him that I found truly remarkable while reading. One of the things I came to admire in this fic, aside from his characterization, is that this is written in his POV, which was portrayed well. I took my time enjoying his quips with Johnny.

Your Ocs were fine. Although I guess I had a little issue with Eliza. Eliza came out as something more shallow and, well, hey I understand, regarding her circumstances. She isn't a bland character, for the most part she was quite amusing. I suppose I could say that there was something lacking in her character, because as I read she felt more like a role in Sirius's life than actually being a more fleshed-out character. Perhaps, this was your intention...or not. Regardless, she came out as a decent character.

All in all, I still found this story great. I hope to read more of your stories in the future!
Guest chapter 16 . 9/30/2016
I like the tragic ending with Sirius making her forget, but shouldn't he have to erase the memory of the wole family? I mean they all had a rather close relationship with Sirius, so it doesn't make much sense for him to just erase Eliza's memory. Unless you wanted it like that to show how irresponsible Sirius is. I mean now her whole family is going to think she's bonkers for not being able to remember the boy she spent her entire summer with. That's really my only critic. I loved the story, the buildup of their relationship was great and the all the characters were very well written.
cheers