Reviews for Of Sea and Sky
SunDragon27 chapter 23 . 8/28/2013
I've been waiting forever for an update! I can't wait for more!
Kataoi chapter 23 . 8/28/2013
I fist pumped at getting the e-mail notification of there being a new chapter, so that's a thing that happened. I don't have much to say on this chapter as a whole, just glad that you're back and things are less crazy for you to the point where you can write. Though if you'd like to know what's going on with me - eh, not much; however, I do want to mention that when I was in the hospital a couple months ago for a surgery, I remember waking up and being like "well at least I'm not Sasha with a wired jaw right now". These are the thoughts that happen in my life.
Kataoi chapter 19 . 1/10/2013
Since this is the end of the first arc, I'll write a review here for sake of keeping it neat:

I am always hesitant to get into a fic that's a long one, but I'm also really excited when it turns out to be one that sucks me in. Sasha and Milla was a bonus.

Clearly, I enjoyed the story to the point of reading 60,000 words to get this far. Only if you paid me some good money would I invest that much time into a fic if I didn't like it. The conversations between Sasha and Milla in the earlier chapters had me in stitches, and Sasha's tolerance of Luka had me in giggle fits as well. I was pretty well sold on their characterizations; I felt like you did good on the canon folks of the game. And even when the story got dark, when I read things that perhaps I should've not (this is nothing against you, more against my imagination), it still felt ridiculously in-character. Both Sasha and Milla kept their cool, which I imagine would be a vital skill if you're a top-ranked agent.

The "cubic buttload" (nice phrase) of OCs wasn't an issue for me. Clearly in this kind of story, you need to expand on the ranks of the Psychonauts - we're barely given five in the game, and you can't run an organization with that. So I had no problem with the presence of these folks. While I do think their numbers could've been streamlined, I didn't really have too much issue with the girth of their ranks.

My larger issue comes from clarity. There are missing scene transitions, or a lack of formatting; the story will jump from Scene A to Scene B without any note and it takes a moment to get back on track from there. Moreso than that, is clarity of characters. The OCs were the biggest headache for me to keep straight - I think there's like, three bad guys? A leader and some guys? There's a trucker-dude involved somewhere? Then there's some named prison guys...I think? And guards may have names or maybe they're agents? With the creation of a lot of characters, there comes the task of making them and their roles clear. I got used to Che after a while, but I was never certain about the Jonas brothers, and who they were related to, and what their “thing” was. Perhaps this is something remedied by me reading it over again.

What may have also led me to confusion is the way paragraphs and lines tend to be arranged. Sometimes I thought one character was speaking when it was another due to it being “grouped” with another character. Other times, the dialogue ran on for so long without a tag of who-said-what that I lost track. I really must pull a Sasha and insist on order and organization because you are choosing to write with a lot of characters, many of whom your audience is “meeting” for the first time. It's a lot of information to take in, and then to be actively working with when it comes to reading future chapters.

But! But – I wouldn't have kept with it if there wasn't a good story at the core of it. And there is. If this is just the first arc, I'm very excited at what's to come, particularly because that means I have something to read for a while longer.
SunDragon27 chapter 22 . 1/10/2013
The reunion was so sweet! Can't wait for this story to get rolling again!
SunDragon27 chapter 21 . 12/9/2012
Good chapter. (: Cant wait for more.
SunDragon27 chapter 20 . 11/18/2012
Man I'm really curious on where this is going. It seems like a whole new beginning although I know its not. But keep it up! I'm loving these fast updates! :D
Also I'm appreciating Milla recognizing her feelings for Sasha and cant wait for more of that!
sonicsora chapter 19 . 11/16/2012
Even with what I already know about the devious things you have in mind, I'm still super excited to see how you execute it, dear. Your plot is so awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the REAL beginning hit us. hehe.

I disagree with your idea of them being OOC though towards the end. You pushed the characters to extremes, humans react in a very varied manner when stressed beyond their capabilities. This applies to usually chill Milla and Sasha.
SunDragon27 chapter 19 . 11/16/2012
This has been a buttload of information! I'm really excited about part two and think you did a really excellent job on the growing of the characters.(Milla, Sasha, Raz and Lili) I cant wait to read more! Keep it up!
SunDragon27 chapter 18 . 11/16/2012
Oh the insanity! This just got ten times crazier if that's even possible! Hurry Milla, save Sasha! And update soon! Your doing great so keep it up! (:
SunDragon27 chapter 15 . 11/4/2012
Wow a lot just happened. Poor Raz and Lili! Oh and Sasha of course he has been through a lot. Where is Milla! Anyway please update soon cause well I cant help but be so excited for this story!
Lost Password chapter 13 . 11/3/2012
It's like a walk down memory lane... but every step is accompanied by a new bruise. Poor Sasha.

Levi scares me. D: Hurry, Milla!

I must say, I'm very impressed with your update schedule. Quick, while keeping in quality and excitement.

Please keep it up!
SunDragon27 chapter 13 . 11/2/2012
I love how your updating so fast. (: This is getting so good! Cant wait for more!
SunDragon27 chapter 12 . 11/2/2012
Oh man I am way stoked for the next chapter! Its getting way good! So much is happening and I cant wait to find out how it all ties together. (: Appreciate the shipping in there. Update soon!
SunDragon27 chapter 11 . 10/27/2012
Holy crap that was like a crap load of new information. So is there a different bad guy other than Levi? I thought he would be the main problem but I guess not. You got that up fast! Keep it up!
Invader Kiwi chapter 11 . 10/27/2012
Hooray! There... are just not enough Psychonauts fanfictions, and far too few good ones. This is one of them.