Reviews for A Chance Encounter
Lerris chapter 11 . 5/3
This was good overall, though I never particularly cared for Voyager. Still, as stories go it basically worked out fairly well... As far as Doctor Who Star Trek crossovers go, TNG and DS9 might be a bit more interesting choices.
melodycraft chapter 1 . 3/22
Well I decided to dive into this one. It has been a few years since I rewatched all Voyager, but even so I still remember that episode where the captain and first officer were stranded together. It was so full of romantic tension! Then they tried to link him with Seven at the end...wtf? Anywho, this is fun because I just hear their voices so clearly. You really captured them.
NabikiB chapter 1 . 3/7
Short story 134,709 words DOES NOT COMPUTE. :)
Guest chapter 11 . 7/31/2016
I thought this was a great story, well-written and interesting. I'm not a Rose fan so I could have done without those parts but a very entertaining story nevertheless.
NabikiB chapter 10 . 6/17/2016
Any chance Janeway is descended from Kate Stewart in this universe?
Vanex chapter 11 . 9/25/2015
The only thing I would change, is what Kathryn and Edward were doing while Chakotay was talking to the Tenth Doctor in the epilogue. Instead of a Klingon festival, I would've had them have an encounter with a mysterious young man wearing a tweed jacket and a bow tie. But, that's only what I would do.

Anyway, this was an awesome story and it was fun to read it again. Yes, I said again. Truth is, I read this story years ago, but forgot to leave a review. But then, earlier today I remembered this epilogue and came looking for this story again, and I'm glad I found it. So, like I said, it was fun to read this story. Great job!
Heather Snow chapter 11 . 3/14/2015
I've been reading Voyager/Doctor Who crossovers in the last few days, and this piece is by far the best all-around story so far. It's a fully fleshed out story, engaging. I was thrilled to see the Vashta Narada appear. The visit during Ten's farewell tour was great. I think Eleven should show up sometime though ;-)
KateH chapter 11 . 9/7/2014
Well what can I say, this was a wonderful story. Just what I went looking for when I searched for a Dr. Who, Voyager crossover on google. Time is flexible, I love it, Kathryn and Chakotay can get together earlier and keep the time line in tact. I always thought that Dr. Who should have a crossover with Star Trek, and Janeway would have made a great companion. Well done!
Arrowhead1996 chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
This was such a wonderful story! You did an amazing job. I even cried a few times. So beautiful!
TheBleachDoctor chapter 11 . 4/29/2013
Holy shit that was amazing.
Avalonemyst chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
This is an excellent piece of work and felt like an award winning episode. Thank you.
The Taios chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
awesome!
Gy53byg chapter 11 . 7/12/2012
this was my first Voyager/Doctor Who, and I was so delighted since I love both shows ...(althought ...and please don't throw rocks at me, I like more 9th and 11th) I think you did a wonderful job with the characters and also the story, you made me laugh, and cry and cry a bit more and then I laugh again...an emotional rollercoaster if you ask me, but worth every kleenex box!... thanks for sharing your work ...(btw I finish reading it like 2 weeks ago, and I still need the ocational hug when I remember some parts of this brilliant fic)
Valeria chapter 11 . 5/14/2012
Ok, after reading CKLizzy's and Marcus' and Kai21's comments I'm completely intimidated...

It's so rare to find good Doctor Who / Star Trek, it was great reading your story :) thank you for sharing it.
CKLizzy chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
I think the last time I cried so hard reading a story/novel was when I finished Before Dishonor... KJ's message from the future brought it all back... still can't believe what they did to her in the books, but a part of me also wishes that this would be the book, so that she wouldn't be that, but it had only been one possible future that then was prevented...

Kathryn in the TARDIS was a nice picture, so quiet, so... the calm before the storm, I guess. And I love it that he calls his ship Rose now... I feel a(nother) shipper resolution coming up. Well, I hope. Who knows what else you have in store that will tore my poor heart apart *grumbles* ;)

You brought out a truth in this chapter though that has been haunting me ever since I started watching TV shows and the ones with military background in particular. What the Doctor says about KJ wanting to keep Chakotay safe - that she does it even though she isn't with him, has no romantic relationship with him. I never understood it. I may understand the reasons logically, but still, I don't understand it. What use is it to deny a relationship where feelings are present in any way? Whether you act on these feelings or not, if they are strong, and especially if they are mutual and both parties KNOW it, then it doesn't matter. You only deny youself a chance of at least some happiness. Instead you harbor your feelings, both persons suffer, have nothing from it, and when one of them dies in the end, the other will always wonder how it could have been. It is so stupid.

That was my problem with many of the shows I watched (and watch), first and foremost Star Trek (esp. Voyager) and Stargate. And the Doctor is so right. So damn right. No matter what, she still loves Chakotay, as he loves her. And you can't make feelings go away just because you think they are not right, because some stupid protocols don't allow them. I just wish anyone - even the Doctor himself - would have said that to KJ (or Chakotay) on the show.

To imagine that last conversation in Kathryn's quarters... how they almost, more or less, admitted to their feelings... how they almost... I really think this is "worse" than Before Dihonor... and yes, I'm too emotional... but I'm crying like helll at the moment, because right now I feel that this is bigger than any tragedy ever written... And I hope that - because I believe everything will go well - that I'll never have to read the full message to Chakotay...