Reviews for Eames the Liar
dirtygirl42 chapter 11 . 11/10/2013
this was such a fantastic story! I've only seen Inception of the two movies but, it was really easy to follow the plot because I've seen other guy Ritchie movies. I loved your characterizations and your storytelling. This was so much fun to read! Definitely one of my new favorites!
Jjjo chapter 8 . 11/24/2012
"wants to punch him so bad it takes a minute to realize he's actually punched him"
The writing style of this fic is fantastic. I got lost a couple times at scene changes, but it's totally worth it. Very very impressive
Miggs chapter 11 . 10/8/2012
Excellent crossover!
SpinalColumnSoup chapter 11 . 9/11/2012
Oh my god this was so good. I've only seen a few of Guy Ritchies movies, Snatch and the Sherlock Holmes, but the resemblence of his directing style was so spot on that it took my breath away. Arthur was fantastic, Eames was great and the mixing of the rest of the cast was so well done that it was a realistic cross over, which doesn't happen too often. Fantastic job on this one!
freewillandfortune chapter 11 . 7/25/2012
This is excellent. Thank you so much for writing it :).
Eshlyn Kar chapter 11 . 3/13/2012
Wonderful, well written, i love the style. solid plot. great job, i'd love to see more like this story
danae14 chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
Baha! "I know," Brilliant, so fitting.
M.K.Randall chapter 11 . 7/10/2011
Okay, I never review ... but I'm reviewing.

You are an amazing author. I love both these movies (Chris Nolan is a god, and Guy Ritchie is the best brand of demonic being to ever grace the movie business, have you seen 'Snatch'?) and you made them better by linking them. You emmulate the narration style in this fabulous panoply of Ritchie's style and your own, your addition being an improvement to something I didn't think could get better. Then, you also mastered the balance of writing action scenes, with how much is too much and how much is too little and what is just right.

On whole, you're a fabulous writer. Keep it up. :)
Loulou.S chapter 11 . 5/24/2011
Beautiful.

The spirit of Rock'n rolla is in every sentence you wrote and my oh my! the suspense is damn real. This cross-over is really well written and I especially like your Johnny Quid: completely mad but with a brilliant mind. Plus the Arthur/Eames relationship is very interesting, well-developed and secondary characters are awesome.

Thank you for sharing this story, I enjoy so much reading it.
vampirezombieduck chapter 11 . 4/28/2011
buzzword chapter 11 . 4/8/2011
I feel like I just watched a movie. Loooooove the story! I think I might build a shrine for you.
Evie Specter chapter 11 . 2/7/2011
"Flustered, I finish with really choice defensive stammering. 'I just—I don't know, okay? I was confused, it was confusing.'"

HILARIOUS.

And, of course, heart-squeezing and kind of sweet.

This wasn't just a milk and cookies story - it was a meal.
Evie Specter chapter 10 . 2/7/2011
I couldn't possibly pick a quote this time. The scene with Arthur, Eames, and Johnny was PALPABLE. I especially loved the twist of Johnny molesting Arthur - I mean, what action movie would have the guts to have a homosexual scene like that? Plus, Arthur's shooting... I'm in his mind in the moment, and then we're back to omniscient, and it flows perfectly.
Evie Specter chapter 9 . 2/7/2011
"There's a shot, and Eames flinches, which is understandable, Archy flinches, which is stupid, and Kent flinches, because he's never been shot before and he doesn't quite know it's happened at first. Somewhere between the strangled yell and hitting the floor he figures it out."

Excellent. And a moment that would be very difficult to convey in a movie without an awkward pause. Solid writing.
Evie Specter chapter 8 . 2/7/2011
"My feet can touch the floor, but only enough to sort of scramble around in a pathetic circle with an extremely insignificant maximum radius, which I haven't done, mostly to avoid looking stupid, as if this is a real concern right now."

What's exquisite about this line is how you so succinctly convey Arthur's physical stance, as well as a good deal about his character.