Reviews for When a Door Closes
ScruffyLovin chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Very nice introspective piece. I really enjoyed it. :)
AstraPerAspera chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Well, the reviewer who said the voices were wrong clearly hasn't watched their early SG1 in a while. I found that the voices were exactly right for the characters at this stage in their various relationships. It was several episodes in before the "Doctor Jackson"/"Captain Doctor" formality finally dropped. And of course Daniel would be clueless as far as trying to push Jack to talk. Daniel has always thought that talking about things is the best way to handle them, which is why he's the perfect foil for Jack, who is a man of action, not words. And frankly, if Sam hadn't picked up on the difference between the two men, even at this early stage, she wouldn't have been a very good 2IC. She also has the advantage of understanding what guys like Jack are like, being an Air Force brat and in the military herself, so I imagine it wouldn't have taken her long to pick up on Jack as the Don't Wanna Talk About It type.

Long way of saying that I found the story to be perfectly in-character, well written (as always) and an excellent tag to TEW. Well done!
PatriciaS chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Nice one and I like Jack's thoughts as he worked things out ... shows he knows Daniel better than Sam and appreciates her and her actions. Thanks for sharing.
dpdp chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Very nice moment between Carter and Jack.
Rosalind chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
While this was a nicely done story, their voices do not seem right. Daniel come off looking clueless and stupid and Jack cringing with dread when he sees Daniel doesn't seem right. Of course Sam instinctively knowing how Jack feels even though she barely knows him at that time doesn't seem right either. Jack has known Daniel a lot longer than Sam, after all. This seems more a Sam/Jack story. Poor Daniel rarely comes out looking good in those.
PapayaK chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Nicely done. Things should 'pop into your fron' more often. ;-)
ladygalaxyj chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
That was really sweet. Nothing to be said, just some understanding. It made me smile.

Thanks for sharing. :)
gater62 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Oh that was marvelous! Well done, Mara!