Reviews for Homecoming
GuardianForce chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
The concept of changing the context of Fire Emblem from a medieval setting to a sci-fi one is pretty unique. This story doesn't use any fillers or useless drivel to make it long, but each point of view presents an interesting perspective on the story as a whole.

Overall, this is one of the best stories I have ever read.
Wanderer's Path chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Good grief. I have to admit, I didn't think you'd crank out another one of these, but boy howdy am I, for one, grateful!

Another phenomenal piece, for all my opinion is worth. The sci-fi elements come together perfectly, from the fleet's organization to the ship classifications, to the roles the individual characters play themselves. I was most impressed with Marisa's one-woman army maneuver closer to the end there. How else would the assassin class work itself out in a science fiction setting? Very creatively realized.

I have to say, I'm fine with the changes you've made. Selena's death always seemed to me a waste of a good character, and Syrene's introduction always seemed to come too late in the story for a player to really appreciate her character. Of course her interactions with Kyle are spot-on, for the most part. I sensed he had more assurance of her ability to take care of herself in Sacred Stones, but clearly this is a different circumstance. One does not send battlecruisers against battleships, after all. Not in conventional naval warfare.

The references and research you did also impressed me. I have to say, I never made the FMP-Gerik's mercenaries connection myself, but the tie-in lends itself well to this universe. The FE-7 references were clever, and I almost missed the Sain and Kent ships when I saw their names. All in all, an outstanding work. Write more! I'll be sure to read them and leave glowing reviews as long as the quality demands it. And this one certainly did.

Great work, again.
Gunlord500 chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
Hey, cool author's notes, man! Glad I caught the references to FMP and Valkyrie Profile 8) Just as a note, though, you do know that the FFn rules say that you can't upload authors note's and stuff as individual chapters, right? Now, me, I don't mind so much, so I'm definitely not gonna report you or anything (I'm not that kind of rules nazi guy XD) but there are a few folks like that around FFn...I remember a few years back some girl got a lot of fics/chapters taken down that way. ;_; So just to be safe, I'd either append this info to the previous chapter or put it up on LJ or something, just in case FFn attacks it x_x Anyways, cool stuff all around. Keep writin, bro :)
Trevor X chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Oh my. [blinks]

A major (good) addition to the sci-fi Sacred Stones tale. I think I like this best out of the three(?) tales, but it's hard to truly decide.

I had wondered about Ithildin - it sounded like the name of a fantasy sword I created for a gaming character a while back. (Ithilsule - Moon-soul, I believe. I'd have to recheck my copy of Lord of the Rings to be certain. Yes, I do own a copy. )

Mythril. Hehehehehe. Does that make Valter, Gauron?

Seventh Sunrise - you pay homage to a uber-wonderful fic. Seven is such a wonderful number, right?

Audhulma - Usually ends up as Seth's weapon in the last battle for me too. I wonder why...
Mint Masate chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Well, I must say I liked this a lot. The scenes were neatly balanced (if that even makes sense) and put together, the fights were intense and easy to picture. Marisa and Syrene's points of view in particular, I thought, were well written.

That bit with Seth trying to push Eirika away broke my heart a little bit, but it was all good in the end.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Ho ho, is it just me or do I see quite a few mecha-related references in this fic? Mithril and Tuatha de Danan...references to Full Metal Panic? Lenneth...reference to Valkyrie Profile? Might Arjuna be a reference to Earth Girl Arjuna? And haha, was I wrong to think of General Wallace when I read about those Wallaces in your fic? I LOVE that kind of stuff, not to advertise but I have a lot of fun adding mecha references and stuff in my own fiction, so it's definitely nice to see someone who enjoys the same. :D

Anyways, I wish I could say more but I can't go much farther than HECK YEAH! This is some seriously awsum scifi stuff you're givin us, my friend, keep it up, most def! :D
saffiremoon21 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
I recognized quite a few of your shout-outs. I feel very proud.

This was certainly an intense story. It's impressively detailed, and I love how you ept a lot of bits from the original game.

Seriously epic.

They should do a remake of Sacred Stones in space...