Reviews for Memories in Mason Jars
KelseyO chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Oh my god, this was so good. I definitely needed to read Rose bitching him out about what happened to Donna, because LORD do I still have feelings stewing about that. But I also loved that she both berated him and comforted him, because he desperately needed both.

SIGH Donna whatever moving on I'm fine I'm FINE
AnimeAliceG chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Oh god brought tears to my eyes , characters are perfect , pacing perfect.
:D
dress without sleeves chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
What's so great about this moment is that I agree with both sides. You've done a great job of representing Rose-of COURSE you should let Donna make that choice, you don't have the RIGHT to steal her memories-and also the Doctor-I CAN'T let her die if there is ANY way to save her. And I feel both ways-how dare you! and thank god!

Ugh, this show.
Sourdoughtoast chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
AUGH DONNA. I wish so badly that her ending was happier. I think the doctor would have reacted this way, too. Again, loved it.
erialeduab chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
i loved this story. it's such a perfect portrayal of ten's love for donna, and his loss at her forgetting. because he changed into 11 soon after, i feel it was really understated the impact of it.
tomboy 26 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I always did wonder if Tentoo ever told Rose about what would happen to Donna. I love that Rose got absolutely furious with him because I was too with the way Donna's ending happened .. but at the end how can you be angry with someone who rather have his friend live without him then die with him.
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
I feel stupid admitting this, but it never even occured to me just how affected the new Doctor would be over Donna's fate. Looking back now though, it's so obvious he knew - of *course* he knew. They are the same person after all - him and the Doctor, with a little bit of Donna thrown in for good measure.

Connecting all of that inner-turmoil to the fragile fireflies, and the innocence of Tony, was a stroke of pure genius. And very, very heart-breaking. Even more-so, when you realize that this Doctor will never be alone, now that he has Rose - unlike our poor Doctor, depressed, lonely, and going a little bit mad, yet, still clinging desperately to this latest "rebirth" - like Donna, struggling to hang on, not ready to go.

The Doctor, a brilliant, tragic Phoenix. Why did I never realize that before, lol?
Rose of Zakarisz chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Another great story. Very touching.
Funkitated chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
There are tons out there, but I've never seen a "remembering Donna" fic quite like this. And it was brilliant.

Fireflies, finite existences and heartfelt confessions - it has everything. In a relatively short space this covered a nice set of ideas culminating in an overall theme. The idea that Rose was sort of joking when she told the Doctor on the beach that her life was 'normal' again and then the Doctor took it at face value is pretty striking. This fic definitely worked as a two way street on the 'understanding one another' front. As for the Doctor (uh, 2.0 as it were), knowing what happened to Donna in the original reality must be especially painful because he has a connection to her on an even deeper level than his original self.

On a personal note, I might just be a bit vindictive, but I'm glad you've shown the Doctor as visually choked up about what happened to Donna (I know I was!). Anyway, this was really clever and I liked it a lot.
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Goodness, this was beautiful. I love how you expressed the Doctor, and the terrible decision he had to make, through his "clone" and Rose. It showed all the sweetness between the couple, and how *real* this human-Doctor actually is; developed Rose's character and her understanding of the man she loves; had an absolutely gorgeous image with the Doctor/Tony/fireflies; made me cry AGAIN about Donna's loss of those amazing memories; and was just perfect in every way!

When you think about it, after all that chaos of his previous lives, the Doctor really deserves a peaceful domestic household like that. I'm sure millions of people would give anything to have a life traveling through space and time for hundreds of years - I know I would - but all it ends up being is really lonely. What's the point of regenerating indefinitely if you just end up losing everyone close to you? No, the human-Doctor definitely got the better end of the deal. By the end of "Journey's End" (...I think. The series 4 finale, anyway...), I was sobbing my eyes out - mostly because of the tragic end to Donna's spectacular adventure, but also because, one by one, everyone precious to the tenth Doctor left him. How horribly lonely that poor man must've felt...*chokes back a sob just thinking about it*

Heh...sorry. Just had to get that out of my system :D it had nothing to do with the review, but this tiny little oneshot drove me to muse, and I couldn't hold it back! XD
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Gorgeous. :) Almost made me cry. Beautifully done.