Reviews for In Between Reality
MollyEvens chapter 4 . 4/9
that is the best note ever better then my "im going to get a duck egg from the bus center ps dont call the cops" not when i was like 9 years old i was always scatter brained and when i got an idea in my head nothing short of an army could stop me lol i wanted a pet duck when the police found me i found out i was going the wrong way ha
Boomerpyro chapter 28 . 3/18
please update, you have a wonderful talent.
Keiren-Kun89 chapter 15 . 12/17/2013
Just gonna come right out and say it. I really hate the chapters with these story equivalents of non sequitur in them. It's just jarring and such a departure from the rest of the story that it makes me wanna stop reaing.

Otherwise, it's nice.
iluvfairytale chapter 28 . 11/15/2013
I love this story, read all 28 chapters straight I'm so glad Dudley lost weight, and the relationship he has with Harry is adorable. Its also good to know Dudley's parents cares deeply about him. But I have no idea where you plan on going with Dudley flashbacks of his 'past' life. I look forward to updates.
kazemaru gin chapter 27 . 10/7/2013
I have to say, "The Human Zoo" is an extremely morbid choice for a chapter title. Well done!
Lyrium chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Excellent story with a great and creative idea where it is Dudley who has the knowledge of the future.
jayleaf1 chapter 28 . 9/25/2013
Gla you are doing better! I was just thinking about this story!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO! It's umbrigde!
Martin70 chapter 27 . 9/15/2013
Not a bad fic so far. I like some of the twists you're throwing in, but wonder about the consequences for our dear Hero, Harry Potter. Will Harry end up in a rougher state of mind or become a puppet of Dumbledore as he more or less did in canon?

What will Dudley do next? Will he reveal his knowledge of the whole series both the movies and the books or will he continue to lose details from them and make things much, much worse with his interference... Only time shall tell I suppose.

Sorry to hear you got hit by a motorcycle, is the motorcycle okay? P J/K Hope you get to feeling better soon and continue this fic to its conclusion. D

Martin70
GJMEGA chapter 6 . 8/25/2013
Snape was not in any way, shape, or form a "Good guy". He was an evil sadistic prick who enjoyed tormenting children that just happened to have, like almost all human beings, one redeeming quality: his love for Lily. If Voldemort hadn't decided to go after Lily he would have happily continued following him on his crusade of terror. I admit his past makes him seem like a sypathetic figure, but no matter what happened in his past, most of which was caused by his own actions, his actions in the books were inexcusable. Some argue that he had to act like a prick to his students to hold his cover, but I believe he could have acted with complete neutrality in his classes, neither praising nor insulting Gryfindors and Hufflepuffs, and claim Dumbledore demanded it, which would be be believable considering the man is supposed to be a TEACHER. Yes he was brave to have spied on Voldemort, but brave does not necessarily mean good. His manic devotion to Lily, his desire to protect her, and later his rage over her death fueled his desire for revenge against Voldemort, not any sense that what Voldemort was doing was wrong and needed to be stopped. The fact that Harry named one of his children after him says to me that he was not completely right in the head.

Also you said: "He (and by that I assume you) never much liked James Potter in the books, and after learning all that Severus did out of love for Lily, how could he not respect the guy? Lily so should have chosen Snape." My response to that is something someone else said on CaerAzkaban, I cant remember who:

The only person to ever say that James was anything less than wonderful in the books was Severus Snape, and I wouldn't trust him to tell me that the sky is up. It is also interesting to note that the only person to ever say that Severus Snape is a hero is Severus Snape. What I find fascinating is that he used memories to do so, when we all know from book six that memories can be faked. The specific example of faked memories used in book six was said to be a bad job, which implies rather strongly that there are such things as good jobs of memory faking. And a master Occlumens should be among those most qualified to fake them well, especially one with his own pensieve who could take them out at leisure and review them carefully for detail, doing them over and over again until he got it right.

No, what it boils down to is that Rowling expects us to take Snape's word that Snape is a good guy, and I couldn't think of anyone less trustworthy on any issue of note. If you look at all of the evidence outside of his potentially faked memories, you find a pathetic, hate-filled, hurtful little man who can't give up a childish grudge and who bullies the innocent. And even if you take his memories as valid, then at best he is a creepy, mentally unbalanced stalker who ended up killing the target of his fixation and still treats everyone around him horribly.

Sorry about the rant, but I can't help wanting to start a fight when I hear someone is a Snape fan who ignores roughly 16 years of twisted/evil behavior in favor of his (admittedly very brave) actions in taking down Voldemort.

Other than your appalling lack of good judgment in supporting Snape, this is a good story! Keep it up!

P.S.
Full disclosure, this is an argument/review copied almost verbatim from a review I posted several years ago on another story.
jayleaf1 chapter 27 . 8/15/2013
Lolish. Part of it was funny! Other parts, not so much. It was heart warming to see Dudley hug his mum. *sarcastically.*
Great, now I'm calling her mum instead of mum. Noooooo.
OMG! I am soooooooo sorry! Did the motorcyclist go to jail?
H0licist chapter 26 . 7/31/2013
This is one of the most interesting and totally wacked out character replacement stories I've ever read. I'm still processing some of the logic a couple chapters back. While it's interesting in that it's ORIGINAL, I must ask...where is the plot going? I can't make head or tails of what Dudley's goal is. Since you've taken Harry out of the spotlight, hell, the stage even, how is this going to proceed? Does Dudley want to take down Voldemort, protect Harry as a pseudo-father and brother figure at the same time? Or does Dudley want to research magic and the indepth details of how it functions or even exists? Or does Dudley want something else entirely?

It doesn't help that Dudley didn't see shit in the Mirror of Erise. I mean, granted, he knew the logic, the formula to the Mirror, but to see nothing at all? Should he have seen something the first glance at least? I wonder why you wrote about a blank Mirror of Erise.

Lastly, this chapter raised an every good point in the what-ifs section; what if the wizards find out that Muggles could kill them? That would certainly inspire fear and maybe drive more of the Death Eater mindset, better to erase them before they erase us type of thinking.

In all, I'm pleased with your originality but I would like to see more structure. I'll be looking forward to your next chapter!
Tunderkiwi chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
It was not bad but I did not enjoy it much eighter. Never the less thank you for your work.
Debate4life chapter 26 . 7/27/2013
Great chapter as always. I found it a bit short, but I understand. Sorry about your accident, and I hope you're better soon.

Review back?
jayleaf1 chapter 26 . 7/27/2013
Lol...

What kind of accident were you in? Are you okay?!
perfidiouspink chapter 4 . 7/10/2013
HAHAHA that letter! brilliant. i'm immensely entertained by this story.