Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
Village-Mystic chapter 47 . 8/9
Okay, then. Looking for "The Power of the Mind" - but may not read from the start.
Village-Mystic chapter 44 . 8/9
Ah, thought Harry would have to resort to using the time-turner to find time to take the dance lessons and get the right robe and corsage. Meanwhile, I had to pause on your notes that there's a rewrite - because except for a few typos, I'm not certain it would want to re-read it now just for that.

And finally, I had a stall on your instance that magical Atlantis existed before the Pyramids and quickly had to look up Pyramids and Thera in the Minoan Islands/culture. So essentially I have a hard time believing the culture existed and the continent was destroyed in the time period you described... on chapter 44 was a bit of a stretch.

That said, I'm into the story and want to see what happens next - and also check out some of your later writing or additions (chronologically) to the story.
Village-Mystic chapter 42 . 8/9
I'm curious since cheating is allowed where not prohibited and it felt like a Boggart, if Harry shouldn't try an over-powered Riddiculus spell.
Village-Mystic chapter 41 . 8/9
I like that you added additional events for Harry to work around, and it also gives the supporting characters more to interact with as well.
Village-Mystic chapter 37 . 8/9
So at least you have it appear that Harry has his own version of "Seer Moments" to those who know how seers work. I like how you are establishing the friendship with Fleur, as well. Harry's only just past "girls are icky" to "girls are interesting but I don't know what to do about it just yet;" while Fleur is nearly a mature adult. She also knows enough about Harry to know at least he is intellectually mature for his age.
Village-Mystic chapter 36 . 8/9
A lot of new ground in the friendships and relationships that Harry has. Were there any Hogwarts students there that night at all? I guess we'll find out on the train how everyone is doing. You hint at one familiar per strand of energy in his core, perhaps? While I find Harry uncomfortably over-powered in this story, I like that you keep a focus on his interpersonal relationships, problems and the plot.
Village-Mystic chapter 32 . 8/8
So not exactly sure how long Harry knew his cat was Bella - or if he knew she was being potioned (or if she was indeed the one being potioned). It appears that Harry had a Lioness Patronus - but it also sounded like he had more than one Patronus going - and maybe the second one was something else? Not clear. Also did he do the war fire spell as part of the patronus, before or after.

The voices - I'm not sure if he's on some retrograde re-do loop - or if he's just getting information from parelell worlds.

It's a good mystery, though; along with good the character moments.
Village-Mystic chapter 29 . 8/8
Yes with foreshadowing and parallel, Neko might be Bella.
Village-Mystic chapter 27 . 8/8
I like a lot of your decisions, and they make sense for a prodigy in magic with an eidetic memory. Maybe in a year or two Harry will be interested in the beach.
Village-Mystic chapter 24 . 8/8
I liked your use of an unspeakable, who could be anyone.
Village-Mystic chapter 23 . 8/8
Okay, so nice dramatization of Harry just being too young, too busy and too inexperienced to figure this out sooner. I kind of would have liked Hermione to have interviewed the ghost in the girls loo earlier on - but this isn't that story.
Village-Mystic chapter 22 . 8/8
Good plot twists, leaving a lot open.
Village-Mystic chapter 21 . 8/8
Good alternate plot points. I suppose Harry is too young to be interested in meeting all of the family house-elves or even knowing the names of the two that work for Sirius? Not interested in having Neville and himself taken on a tour of the Potter estate greenhouses? I did like the detail about raising horses and hypogriffs indicating that the lands are extensive and maybe expanded, and that the Potter family magic would naturally also have to be good at or own the process of warding sky areas, too. I'm glad Hermione is a friend, even if Harry doesn't care to visit the mundane world where her parents are.
Village-Mystic chapter 20 . 8/7
Its fun. A lot of information to absorb by Harry - but good stuff. He could run a summer camp or a grammar school on his estate.
Village-Mystic chapter 19 . 8/7