Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
Village-Mystic chapter 27 . 8/8
I like a lot of your decisions, and they make sense for a prodigy in magic with an eidetic memory. Maybe in a year or two Harry will be interested in the beach.
Village-Mystic chapter 24 . 8/8
I liked your use of an unspeakable, who could be anyone.
Village-Mystic chapter 23 . 8/8
Okay, so nice dramatization of Harry just being too young, too busy and too inexperienced to figure this out sooner. I kind of would have liked Hermione to have interviewed the ghost in the girls loo earlier on - but this isn't that story.
Village-Mystic chapter 22 . 8/8
Good plot twists, leaving a lot open.
Village-Mystic chapter 21 . 8/8
Good alternate plot points. I suppose Harry is too young to be interested in meeting all of the family house-elves or even knowing the names of the two that work for Sirius? Not interested in having Neville and himself taken on a tour of the Potter estate greenhouses? I did like the detail about raising horses and hypogriffs indicating that the lands are extensive and maybe expanded, and that the Potter family magic would naturally also have to be good at or own the process of warding sky areas, too. I'm glad Hermione is a friend, even if Harry doesn't care to visit the mundane world where her parents are.
Village-Mystic chapter 20 . 8/7
Its fun. A lot of information to absorb by Harry - but good stuff. He could run a summer camp or a grammar school on his estate.
Village-Mystic chapter 19 . 8/7
I liked this chapter.
Village-Mystic chapter 17 . 8/7
Interesting plot twists. Looking forward to the summer!
Village-Mystic chapter 15 . 8/7
I really liked this chapter, but I don't understand why it was called the second Christmas. I thought perhaps you were jumping to second year, but the chapter seemed to take place after the first. Is it a cultural thing in the U.K.?
Village-Mystic chapter 14 . 8/7
I'm not sure with the boarding school thing that they would only have one week and an odd day or two for Winter Holidays, but that's your schedule - and it is good to have for reference.
Village-Mystic chapter 13 . 8/7
I like how you are dramatizing the budding friendship with Neville, and that Hedwig seems to have watched "The Prisoner" television series.
Village-Mystic chapter 12 . 8/7
I liked some of your story twists. While Harry does not have to have eidetic memory, it is a fun variation. The same the secret familiar. Thanks for sharing this tale.
Village-Mystic chapter 11 . 8/7
I liked many of the elements of this chapter.
Village-Mystic chapter 10 . 8/7
Harry as a space-ial genius inclusive of geometry (don't know the technical terms for this) makes enough sense considering how good he is at flying and spotting the snitch in the books. I hope you follow -through on his abilities in other ways in the story.
Village-Mystic chapter 9 . 8/7
I liked your version of the Will and the modest but comfortable place of the Flammels that we have seen so far.
3,912 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »