Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
Millie chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
Finally a writer with the courage to tell people to go read the original hat song instead of quoting it verbatim. It is so tiresome to read and reread that irritating "poem" in every sorting fiction. Is it part of the word count for the story? Anyway interesting premise. Well written with good grammar. Wonderful. Thanks
Bronze chapter 3 . 9/26/2016
As I stated, the man is evil. You wrote it in his own thought that ANY CHILDS HAPPINESS AND CHILDHOOD HE WOULD DESTROY JUST TO END VOLDIMORT. Notice that at no time did HE take any responsibility for the way Tom turned out nor any for stopping him. Instead he shifts it to an 11yr old boy from an abusive home where he placed him nearly 10yrs ago.
Bronze chapter 1 . 9/26/2016
When last I was reading this it had only around 6 chapters. Now it's up to 47! Now I'm sorry to say I totally disagree with you on Dumbles. The man is evil! He set out to destroy two children. He knew Riddle was abused at the orphanage just as he knew Harry would be and was abused by his supposed relatives. Riddle was sent back year after year at schools end to the orphanage where he was abused still further. Harry was done the same with his relatives. Then you have all those stupid tests with no real training to fight the dark lord. Thus Dumbles is evil.
IIEarlGreyII chapter 3 . 9/19/2016
The premise got me excited, but the first chapter was almost impossible to even read due to the sentence structure, and the second just made everything go too crazy too fast. I might come back to it later and give it another chance, but for now I would pass on it.
AshesGleamandGlow chapter 47 . 9/11/2016
kind author, I know you've started revising this story and publishing it as another story, which is rather smart of you, but you haven't updated either of them since 2012! this story it's too good to be left to collect the dust of the forgotten! I hope that you return to finish what you've started, because stories like this don't come around all the time. it would be such a shame to see the potential this story has be wasted, and I'm sure all your fans can agree this story has the makings of a master piece! please continue, at the very least, the revision of this master piece of adventure and magic!
RHJunior chapter 41 . 9/4/2016
this just SHOULD have happened at some point...
wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?vnQSk0CYPvwE
RHJunior chapter 35 . 9/3/2016
I am dying to know the story behind Padfoot's cat-phobia and Moony's bunnyphobia...
RHJunior chapter 32 . 9/3/2016
I only got one huge problem:

Why would nobody, in all the history of the human race, never attempt to use fire on these buggers and take note of the result? KILL IT WITH FIRE is practically written into our DNA.
RHJunior chapter 12 . 9/2/2016
The reason for badgers is that they are TENACIOUS. Dig like mad. Honey badgers will go at a hive full of bees without flinching... also very fiercely protective of their burrows (or Setts) and their young... Some are solitary but many are known to live in groups called Cetes, which can have anywhere from 2 to 15 members.
RHJunior chapter 6 . 9/2/2016
Of note: Everyone remembers Neville was using a secondhand wand. Nobody seems to recall that Ron- and most likely his brothers and sister too- all were. Ron even went most of a year using one that was BROKEN, and patched together with tape (what the HELL is wrong with those teachers to let that slide?)
RHJunior chapter 4 . 9/2/2016
Okay, you hate Ron so you put him in Slytherin. But your own contention is that he's neither cunning nor ambitious... and since you're ignoring canon, and the outright COURAGE he shows over and over again, the Hat should have placed him in Hufflepuff- as much so he'd LEARN hard work and loyalty (which you think he doesn't have).
RHJunior chapter 3 . 9/2/2016
Okay, the hat's getting ahead of itself punishing Snape. He's not even really MET Harry yet, much less contributed to the abuse.
RHJunior chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
You know, most people wait until someone's a little older than ELEVEN before damning them for life as a worthless moron.

But whatever. Screw Ron, right? It's not like he, you know, went on to willingly face nearly every danger Harry did for the sake of friendship or anything. O WAIT
Demon chapter 19 . 8/7/2016
Severs snape
Guest chapter 47 . 8/1/2016
Never did catch up before the revision was abandoned as well. As a certain character on Get Smart was often heard to say, "missed it by that much" (displaying finger and thumb slightly separated).

So disappointing. :(