Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
Yay Nevillle isn't going to be as bad as a Squib :3
Alytiger chapter 3 . 5/9
Well HAHAMOTHERFUCKINGHA
Alytiger chapter 2 . 5/9
The castle is a woman and she just yelled at Dumbles. I picture the castle being similar to Molly Weasley...
Alytiger chapter 1 . 5/9
I like the Sorting Hat. Completely done. It always bothered me that a hat which can see everything managed to not give a flying poop about Harry's abuse.
AaronD1 chapter 21 . 4/27
The crush of an 11-year-old girl on the most famous person who has ever lived is not "stalking".
AaronD1 chapter 4 . 4/27
Putting Ron into Slytherin is perhaps one of the best things that I have ever seen.

I've been putting a lot of thought into writing my own HP story, which would be a complete rewrite...and looking at Harry, Ron, and Hermione's friendship I can only conclude that while they may be friends at first, Harry and Ron would drift apart, and Hermione and Ron would as well. Without Harry, there is no reason at all for Ron and Hermione to even speak to each-other.

The big thing that I would focus on in my story is making sense of the Magical world. There are so many things that just don't make sense, or aren't explained...and I would try to fix that. One of the things in canon that was said, but never really shown, is Harry's fame. I made no sense at all for Ron to be the only one to be in the cabin with Harry on the train. Many of the children, of all years and houses, would have flocked to him trying to be his friend. Especially Slytherins...and females...of all ages.

Another thing I would address is the lack of good people within the wizarding world. Seriously, RON is a POS, Hermione is an ok friend for most of the series, and she gets a lot better in DH but what about the rest of the houses? Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and of course Slytherin all turn on Harry during second and fourth year...almost everyone turns on Harry in 5th year.

Almost every HP fanfic that I read where Harry ends up being friends with some person from another house ends up with some lame ass excuse as to why they were wearing the "Potter stinks" badges and why they treated him a certain way. There are very few exceptions to this.

Why would a Slytherin, someone meant to be ambitious and cunning, openly bully THE most famous person alive? Surely a Slytherin would seek to establish ties with Harry.

Anyways...end rant. So far so good with the story... all of this just gets me thinking about my own.
pixelherodev chapter 24 . 4/20
YAY! I've always thought Voldemort, no matter his flaws, was far too intelligent to create Horcruxes. Even ignoring the fanon downsides to doing so, you would think he would have made sure there was no better method first? And opening the Chamber? Loosing the Basilisk? Myrtle was the only death - and she was not the first attack. Logically, that means Voldemort did not WANT her death. Maybe he needed the Mandrakes for something?

After all, the Horcrux meant he had to go to ridiculous effort to return - the Horcruxes might've caused him to be a spirit permanently, which he would consider at least as bad as death!

Sorry for rambling...

I really like this story, even if I think there are areas where it could use improvement - while I won't say there's only a few things I think could be improved, I will say most of them are minor, like Voldemort questioning arry in the forest before attacking.
pixelherodev chapter 19 . 4/20
Also, this is fanfiction. Emphasis on fiction. Don't try to appease those who want you to be closer to canon at the expense of your story.

And I'm guessing it was NOT Hagrid - who most definitely shouldv'e known it was a Basilisk in the cgaamber...

Sorry about ythe s-pellling, im lying doewn in bed typing with one hand...
pixelherodev chapter 3 . 4/20
of mice and men... huh, just realized wormtail & voldemort... mice and men...
EMReader81 chapter 47 . 3/27
I know you started a revision for this story and may one day return to it but I had to let you know how much I enjoyed what you wrote of this story. Iliked the characterization of Harry and the Sorting Hat, the familiars, Bella being brought in,etc. And I appreciated that the complete detail you put into the story didn't detract or make the reading dry but added another very nice layer to the story. Continued good luck and energy with your writing
crankypants16 chapter 47 . 3/20
Just finished this, and am very much looking forward to reading the rewrite
Amarante96 chapter 9 . 3/9
Im loving this fic so far! It's a really nice take on an au what if and I love that the Sorting Hat is so involved.

Just to point out something... in this chapter you mentioned that Harry can't do anything about the money Dumbledore took from him because Dumbledore was his financial guardian. But that's not exactly true based on trust laws irl. As Harry's financial guardian Dumbledore was only holding the money and assets in trust for Harry. In other words, while he was legally permitted to take the money, Harry can actually get back the money if the money had not been spent on his, Harry's, welfare.

So Harry could technically have been able to take action againts Dumbles and demand that Dumbles show proof of the amt being spent for Harry's benefit. If no proof or inadequate proof is shown then Dumbles would be liable to repay the amt stolen...

But thats just the law student in me talking and more of an fyi then anything else haha.

Great fic and now im gonna go back to reading more!
a1993 chapter 47 . 3/2
Well i read pretty much to the latest chapter and the revision isnt exactly close to this. I consider my job done till an update comes along. Really did enjoy it while it lasted!
WhiteElfElder chapter 47 . 3/1
This was going to well, and so much fun, but at least you are not completely abandoning it.
Anon 4945 chapter 3 . 2/29
So the Sorting Hat can just order people killed now?
3,699 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »