Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
SaWa-San chapter 14 . 8/23/2010
Wonderful story so far. I especially like it how you show Harry's characteristics. The only little detail I'm wondering about is the heir testing mentioned in the Will of the Potter's. You wrote "A blood/magic heir ceremony is to be performed at both his and Gringotts connivance.", but i wasn't brough up in the conversations afterwards. Will that be handle during the coming chapters?

Ciao,

Lilithyan
NuitTombee chapter 14 . 8/23/2010
Verbatim excerpts that need correction(s):

Though Hermione asked, got a 'we'll tell you, sooner rather than later, if you respect Harry's privacy'

NuitTombee chapter 13 . 8/23/2010
Verbatim excerpts that need correction(s):

Neville fell off of his hair in a fit of laughter.

That lit a warm little fire in his chest, and he didn't move the shut down the feeling.

alias093001 chapter 14 . 8/23/2010
It's never really mentioned how Harry and Neville deal with the anniversaries of what happened to their parents. I've always wondered how they would act during that time.
BioHazard82 chapter 14 . 8/23/2010
Another great chapter.
the-rage-in-disguise chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
And your reviewers appriciate you :) . I did not review for the first 13 chapters because I simply *had* to find out what happened next . Anyway , I also kind of "get" what Harry is going through mentally ( Not to say I was abused , I wasn't) Because I'm an only child , which requires you to become drastically mature for your age because as a small child you are around mainly adults so you learn to socialize better with adults . Anyway , this has become much , much , longer than I intended .

~Erin
Teufel1987 chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
Nice ...

now I don't really mind the grammar, or any mistakes people make, but this was too much!

Quote:The end result of that conversation was that if after the Winter Holidays if it was found that Neville had had any blocks placed on him, the Hat would immediately be made a Ward of Hogwarts.:End Quote

Now why would Neville having blocks on his magic make the HAT a ward of Hogwarts? Would it be because that was was going to be one incident too many for the poor hat to bear? :)

anyway, great chapter!
Alec McDowell chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
I like this so far. I like that the Hat was used in that manner- really it's very practical- and that everybody, including Harry, is fighting for his chance to succeed on his own merits and be somewhat normal. The familiar stuff is pretty interesting so far, looking forward to what other familiars he'll have. The friendships are fun, especially with Neville. I'm hoping Dumbles will cough up the Invisibility Cloak without being forced, but not seeing that as likely. Anyways, looking forward to the next update
NuitTombee chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Verbatim excerpts that need correction(s):

... of course then the piece of headwear just HAD to start thinking. (Did you mean singing or is Harry using telepathy.)

ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
Very good chapter nice to see Harry really making friends and treating the bullies in an appropriate manner. Thanks for sharing!
jbfritz chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
Excellent!
jkarr chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
this is a good story. looking forward to next chapter.
tricorvus chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
Good one. Like the pranks. They should find or make a spell that eliminates the need 4 muggle laxatives. Keep up the good work.
Jerh chapter 14 . 8/22/2010
Good story keep the chapters coming.
Rainbow2007 chapter 14 . 8/22/2010