Reviews for The Sorting Hat's Stand
WL Chastain chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
You crack me up! Ever since I found your story, I've been amused at your word play and culture references.

Good job on story progression and character development. I look forward to your next batch of chapters. But if you only post one for awhile, I'll still luv ya! ;P
athenakitty chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
Perenelle must have good hearing to hear Harry. Glad that James and Lily made separate wills. Will Harry get the money back from Dumbledore?
Andromedaa chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
hey this is a really good story that's different from the norm. I have a question for u though. Why did u not mention Remus Lupin in the Potters will? I mean he's a friend and definitely more loyal than wormtail. Anyways keep up the good work.
ladysavay chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
This chapter confused me and aggravated me a little. There were a couple of places that seemed to contradict things read before and then so little real usable information was given, as versus paragraph on paragragh of mind block building, whihc, while nice, felt like too much.

First you have Healer Tonks congratulating the hat for arranging Harry's guardians and physical so soon, then minutes later she 'wonders' why anyone would want to talk to an old ratty hat. She knows it's sentient and has lived in one of the most magical places in the world for centuries and is in charge of Harry's well being, yet she wonders about chatting with an old peice of headgear? It's a contradiction and doesn't show she is very bright or able to think things through. I'd be considering a new healer.

Then you have all four doctors taking over an hour to find all they can about blocks, charms, hexes, etc and then another hour to compare notes, yet when they return they don't tell Harry or his gaurdians what they found. If I were his guardians before I agreed to having anything done I'd demand to know first what was wrong, who did it and what it does to him. They didn't even ask before saying go ahead and let Harry get fixed even if it's going to hurt him. Makes NO sense. You need to give us more information now. If you felt it would be more dramtic to go back and confront Dumbledore with the evidence of his wrong doing instead of telling us what he did, you may be right, however, it also leaves a big gaping, flying in the face of common sense plothole here. I'd suggest you fix that as I'm not the only one whoe's going to see it.
alias093001 chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
I kind of just ignored that Andromeda was the one to tend to Harry at Alistair's request. And, if Andromeda is there, I think that Nymphadora should be included as well, in at least some respect, whether she's in Auror training or not.

Depending on how long it takes to take down the blocks on Harry's magic, there's a chance that he could come back with more power than before. It would be interesting if he did.
BioHazard82 chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
Another great chapter.
EvilLittleOwl chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
thank you! i had had a crap day, then i found your story, and then i laughed and laughed i hope the dursleys get what coming to them! please keep it up!
Vellouette chapter 8 . 8/20/2010
I love the middle name you gave Snape in this story. I really enjoy the way you're writing Neville in this story. Hermione needs to learn that other people deserve to have their privacy, just as much as she does.
alias093001 chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
Now that Harry knows the contents of his parents' will, and things are being set in motion to right Harry's life, I think Harry might want to consider telling at least Neville what is going on, especially considering that Alice was his godmother.

If Harry and the twins are able to discover that Scabbers is Pettigrew, the twins should know as well and find a way to smuggle the rat out of the dungeons, perhaps around Christmas. That could easily confirm that Sirius was innocent of all charges, seeing as it was Pettigrew's 'death' he was accused of.

As for Hermione, she's too curious for her own good and might have to be told, simply to appease her.
jbfritz chapter 8 . 8/20/2010
Excellent!
alias093001 chapter 8 . 8/20/2010
That's a clever way for the first-year broom rule to be circumvented: don't actually own the broom you're riding. Thank you you Hooch.

I love the twins' reactions to the "Another Potter solemnly swears he is up to no good." line. Now the boys are one step closer to discovering the identities of the Marauders, which shouldn't take too long now that they know one of them.
farwalker chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
Excellent!

I like the Flamels as Guardians - that's a new one one for me, but they do have the power to balk Dumbledore.
BecomingAmanda chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
i love it! more soon plz!
smargden chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
Yes - Good.

And I do hope you find some posibility for Harry to get 'revenge' and his money back from Dumble. I say 10 times up.

Or - a year in Azkaban per 1000 galleons.

And tkank you for the fast update

/Smargden