Reviews for On the Wrong Side of the Ghostfence
Brett chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
The Elder scrolls series is by far my favorite. It isn't just the games and all their greatness, but the lore too. Being a College student, I don't have time for video games, so finding this site was a huge blessing. This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Please continue!
Enelen chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
Wow, totally something I would expect in a book from Morrowind... though maybe a little longer. The fact that there were no heroes in this somehow fits it even more, heroes belong to Cyrodiil and Oblivion. Morrowind was always too realistic with everyone (but maybe a few Redorans) caring more for their own gain than anything else, not because they are evil, just practical.

...now I want a mod to put this into Morrowind so that I can collect it from some remote location XD
The . L O S T . Paperclip chapter 6 . 5/13/2011
Wow. Just... wow.

This manuscript was painfully realistic, and the end was actually quite tragic. Edgar isn't one to dramatize or exaggerate, and being a hero isn't in his nature - the way he left Raziel was certainly realistic for him and made so much more painful when you imagine yourself in his situation and realise that you would probably do the same. The one piece of kindness from the scribe flavoured the ending a little, and the fact that few copies were published and fewer read is somehow comforting because it ties in with the general feel of the journey. Edgar has changed (and effectively ended) the life of one person, and made an impression on another. It's the small things that make the journey worthwhile, and it was the experience of a lifetime.
Blood Drenched Scorpion chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
It feels short, but shocked me slightly nonetheless. I think you "killed" Raziel too quickly. Still, I don't know how the plot goes so maybe her infection would be justified...
Blood Drenched Scorpion chapter 3 . 1/30/2011
Ah... Damn... Sorry I didn't review this story. I've been quite inactive on FF lately.

Well, now I felt a more natural personality of the dunmer in her. Not surprising really, considering her race and environment.

As for him... Damn, I hope he didn't get Corprus. That would be a sad fate for a man with his first adventure.

PS: Hey, are you gonna buy the 5th Elder Scrolls installment? As much as I love Skyrim, I don't think I'll be buying yet. I doubt my HD 5570 can handle that much intense rendering.
The . L O S T . Paperclip chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
This is an amazing story! It's like a documentary, the way Edgar Louis narrates it - I take it this is the very book he talks about writing? Despite this, the story still flows like a narrative. Ah, the suspense is killing me! You really need to update!
NoSoundComes chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
This story is so wonderful, be it the idea or the way it's written. It flows so exceptionally well and really captures the feel of Vvardenfell, and I positively love your Breton and Raziel. Bravo!
Blood Drenched Scorpion chapter 2 . 11/6/2010
Interesting Breton you got here, it's delightful to see the inside an old Breton scholar. Honestly, I never thought you would update after a few months this story was made. This outcome is wonderful. )
Commander Lagasse chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
This was actually incredibly done. It's humorous, and NOT something I would do in Morrowind with such few supplies xD
rednightmare chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I very much enjoyed this little diary!

You mentioned in your author's note that this tale was in part an attempt at capturing the Morrowind-book writing style, and I wholeheartedly think you succeeded. There's a little character-appropriate drear going on, but rather than drag the story down, it enriches the narrator. Very appropriate, considering his lifestyle and general (as of yet) limited worldview. Throughout, this chronicle never stops feeling like a journal - even when dialogue works its way into the text. Very skillfully done, and something so rarely seen in diary-style writing.

A few little typos (use "childrens'" as opposed to the singular "children's" when speaking of the Empire's invasion) and proper noun capitalization inconsistencies, but nothing damaging to the overall story. Edgar Louis is endearing in his earnest, wide-eyed fuddy-duddy-ness. Raziel is charming in her gritty angles and pointy attitude. Even without romance (which at this point does seem implausible, I agree), these two are a lovely odd couple. I'm eagerly anticipating more of their adventures.

Looking forward to more!