Reviews for Diamonds are Forever
eastern.meridian chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Would love to read more of this story!
11nivea342 chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
Would love to

see an update! Great work and so in character
Josh chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
Great story so far cant wait for you to update!
jalna chapter 3 . 3/22/2011
i love your story, i never understand why people think neal will want to change for peter and fbi. his life was better before and peter catch him only because of kate. maybe he has another reason to work with fbi. he is clever than fbi or even peter think. he show only what people want him to show and what can benefit a con, always a con. and for me it's part of his charm. he don't live the life like normal people and he like his life of thieves. he don't live by other rules but by his own rules. he is free, he enjoy money and wealthy life because he can, he earn his money. he had challenge, adventure, danger. it's life. His life with fbi and agent burke was not bad but don't fit with his true nature, he have too many gifts and he was used by fbi, they were better when he was with them, it was just a parentheses, he discover a friend but a friend who can never understand him fully. he is a thieves, a charmer, but he can be dangerous and he never let peter see this side of him. sara or alex , the woman of his life will have to understand him and accept him whout trying to change him. he has goals, he want to have money a big house, fine wine, beautiful car and a beautiful wife but also a passionate life so in my mind he can't stay the man peter want him to be. he is adapting, he is a cameleon, he make them think he is changing but stay true to himself. continue i's good
br0kenbranch chapter 3 . 3/16/2011
Hey Kate,

Sorry it took so long for me to review. I’ve been quite busy with schoolwork. I’ve been writing essays; and reading a lot of novels, which were quite time consuming. Have you ever read The Mill on the Floss, Wuthering Heights, North and South, Great Expectations, Lady Audley’s Secret or Tess of the d’Urbervilles? Well I have to read them for a literature course I’m taking, and though I love reading, I have to say I’m not enjoying this. Over the course of six weeks we have to read these 6 novels. I usually want to take my time and enjoy reading novels, but that’s really not an option, because I also have other literature courses where I have to read. But that’s enough of my problems.

How are things going with you? Are WC fans still harassing you? Even after last episode? (which btw was AWESOME! I really can’t wait for the season finale, even though we know there will be angst). I know I’ve already said this like a million times, but I really enjoy reading your work. I always look forward to reading your updates, so don’t let Sara/Hil haters get to you. If they don’t have constructive criticism I feel like you should just ignore them!

I was looking at your Bèta Reader profile and you said that your strengths was to create multi-layered characters, and that is very much so, but I think I’ve found another strength: your stories have this perfect balance between narrative and dialogue. I’ve read quite a few fanfics, and I’ve noticed that they are either dialogue driven or narrative/description driven. I really hate fics that are purely dialogue driven, or fics that are written like a script. You get no sense of the scenery/atmosphere etc. However, purely narrative driven fics are very boring to read. If I get paragraphs that are over 30 lines long, I tend to get distracted and I fail to stay focussed on the story, which will cause me to lose interest in the story. You have found a perfect balance between those two things. Your descriptions are detailed enough to create a vivid setting, but short enough for me to stay focussed. Maybe it’s because you sometimes focalise the characters in the narrative, that I find them interesting to read. So keep that up!

That being said, I think it’s time to actually get to my review.

I loved this chapter. I loved that you gave your character more depth. At the beginning of the chapter you start with a Neal/Mozzie scene. It may seem like an insignificant scene, but I think it shows Neal’s growth. I don’t think he is is scared of listening to the tape, I think he maybe cares a little bit less about the tape. He has other things in life that need his attention. I love how Mozzie points out to him how much trouble he went through to get the tape. It also shows how much time Neal spent with Sara, and I think Neal is starting to realise that he really doesn’t mind spending so much time with Sara. I really love how much chemistry there is between Neal and Mozzie. It really reflects how there are on the show!

What the show does really well is add comedic banter, and you have also incorporated that in your fic. When Neal asks why Sara is in the FBI office, he immediately says “I didn’t do anything” I love that. I literally loved out loud, and it was so recognisable with the Neal we know of the show!

The Peter/Sara relationship is again very similar to the one they have on the show. They share some sort of respect for one another. He only offers his help, she knows he’s there for her. And I think that’s the same on the show. I can’t stress this enough, but I really love that!

When the lift stops, and Sara asks "What's going on” "Why aren't we moving?" I immediately though, OMG she is claustrophobic. I don’t know why but it seemed very fitting to me. She puts on this tough front, she doesn’t want to show her true self, but she has a vulnerable side.

The way Neal talks to her when he figures out that she is claustrophobic was amazing! I could almost hear Matt Bomer’s soothing, low whispery voice. And I can understand that that would calm her down. :P

I love that you’ve already given Sara a backstory. I actually like this backstory better than the “my sister ran away” backstory we got on the show. This sounded a bit more dramatic.

This scene was needed, Neal and Sara learned more about each other. I think they are also starting to respect each other a little more. I really can’t wait to see how you will write their relationship further.

This is really at the heart of this story. You write the dynamics between characters really well! IT’s fun to read, and very intriguing to read! I’m really looking forward to the next update!

I hope you’ve kind of enjoyed this review; and I hope this wasn’t a disappointment after waiting for so long.

xx

Alyssa
henrylover94 chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
love,love:D
cmtaylor531 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
I love it. Im so digging the Sara and Neal chemistry.
bbrown85 chapter 3 . 2/23/2011
Oh I love this. Neal and Sara being trapped together in an elevator (who wouldn't want to be trapped with Matt Bomer?) and talking about Kate, Sara talking with that Department guy. I'm so curious as to what went on with Sara. And how it will all involve Neal, assuming that she does take him up on his offer of friendship. I am looking forward to know more.
Raising-Kane-60 chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Kate: I really enjoyed this chapter in which you "fleshed out" the character of Sara Ellis. You provide an interesting insight into the vulnerability behind Sara's strong, sassy character. Sara is clearly ill-at-ease at being questioned by the Department of Justice, and later suffers a panic attack at being trapped in an elevator with Neal. Neal's wariness makes way for genuine concern as he comforts the terrified Sara, and she responds to his unexpected kindness. It will be very interesting to see if this flowers into love ...
anon chapter 3 . 2/17/2011
Oooo I really like this. It is good to see someone writing a story about Sara's background. Hope she takes Neal up on his offer. Nicely written. Keep going.
citiesofsouls chapter 3 . 2/17/2011
I loooooove this chapter! :) Can't wait for more!
AllisonSwan chapter 3 . 2/17/2011
loved it!
OTH-TMGirl24 chapter 2 . 2/16/2011
Nice! Go on!
AllisonSwan chapter 2 . 1/22/2011
love it!
bbrown85 chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Hmmm, curious and curiouser. I'm definitely interested in to what went on in Sara's past. I enjoyed the flashback very much, seeing how Neal and Sara first met and seemed instantly attracted to one another.

And now Neal has the package, I wonder what he will do with it. And where you'll go from here with Sara's own backstory. You've got me intrigued so update soon.

-B