Reviews for Eleven Steps to Desperation
Evestra87 chapter 1 . 6/16/2016
Oh no please. This is so sad and he deserves so much more.
asma4life chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
You know I've never appreciated Lily Potter in canon nor fanfic. And this rendition of her ghost makes me slap her on the face.
But this is a beautiful fic. Very true to the characters and to the emotions.
Aesalys chapter 1 . 8/18/2015
wow!
jensteed chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
That had such a dark, eerie ending. It definitely didn't go where I was expecting, she was so evil! I'm not exactly her number 1 fan to begin with of course but it was still surprising. It was a great read :)
angelicka chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Oooh! That was chilling. I didn't expect it to end with Lily's tormenting apparition torturing him to the last. I tell you it sent chills down my spine.

This is a powerful piece; I really felt like I, too was a reluctant voyeur, along with Snape, as I read the account of his silent and growing admiration for a young love he had yearned for and lost.

Although, perhaps it is Lily who is the voyeur, unless she is simply his conscience.
DarkNihal14 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Ciao Mariaemilia,

sono ancora qua :)

Che storia! Mi ha davvero colpita. Hai sempre delle idee a dir poco brillanti.

Non sono abituata a leggere un Severus così dannato per Hermione ed è struggente. Ha sofferto molto nella sua vita e la storia sembra ripetersi. Non c'è pietà per lui.

L'immagine del fantasma di Lily è perfetta in questa storia, ma a mio parere poco realistica poiché mi immagino Lily davvero buona.

Ma in fond scrivere anche giocare con i personaggi e l'immaginazione, quindi ben venga.

Baci
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Very well done. Would not surprise me if Lily in the afterlife didn't get a sick joy of tormenting her 'beloved' Snivellus. After all, even though she doesn't really want him, he can't possibly belong to anyone else.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Well, the Grey Lady didn't seem to have been improved much by being dead, and I suppose if Lily became a ghost that would mean she was psychologically stuck in some way, she hadn't matured or got the greater understanding you hope the truly dead will have,so she might be this jealous and spiteful.

Or is it really a Boggart pretending to be Lily?

You have one typo btw - "Here eyes were bright in excitement" should obviously be "her" - and one scrambled Italianate word-order. "shook violently his body" should be either "shook his body violently" or "violently shook his body".
ChasingProse chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
So he was hallucinating that he saw Lily? Interesting. You have a wonderful way with words.
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Like in every fine horror movie, where the scariest scenes abruptly come in the calmest moments, the end of your story has caught me unprepared, despite your warning at the beginning.

I was involved in Severus’s realizations and I hoped this time history wouldn’t repeat itself.

But it seems people don’t change and don’t learn from their errors, in life as in death. Lily was a self-absorbed, manipulative and unforgiving character and it’s no longer possible to think highly of her.

It’s been an amazing and brave tale. Well done and Cheers.
FeelingUntouched chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
great!
David boreanaz's wife247 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
sad very sad
duj chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
She was unforgiving in life. She is even more so in death.
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
The feeling of desperation that you have chosen for the beautiful title of this story really permeates everything!

Even if I knew the end of it since the preview, it is still a cruel blow, but, all the same, something plausible, given the sad life that he went on living in canon, without known signs of more than a few instants of respite.

I particularly like the way in wich rather than resent Ron he feels for the two youngsters, as if identifying with their love... scene n.7. in fact, is my favorite.

Original and very sad, to the point that one wishes that, one day, such ghost would vanish forever.
Lauri4Snape chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
wow, that really is an original storyline!

i like it alot ]