Reviews for Something old, Something new
KingRabbit chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
This story is so old I don't even know if you'll get this, but...

I'm speechless. And typeless. I can't even begin to say how much I love it, how beautiful it was, and how heartbreaking and wonderful and aching and hopeful and just...

I can't. It's too much. There were moments I fangirled, moments I squealed and wanted to shout and how stupid they were, how my heart would ache when they were forced apart after finding something so solid between them, and I cried as well. My heart broke for then because they tried, and they were scared and doubtful and undeniable hurt - but so damn hopeful that you needed them to be together.

They needed their happy ending. Because yes, the separation was needed - they could very well have become idiots who danced around each other if they had stayed together. And they realize that - and it's so beautiful because they forgive each other for things neither could have controlled, but blamed themselves for regardless.

And it's all just a mix between sorrowful and hopeful because your heart breaks for their tender age, for them being torn apart from each other and then broken bit by bit and all at once by life and circumstances that they never asked for. And yet, they want to be with each other regardless, wanting their anchor and their solid figure, even while thinking that it might not be the same for the other.

And that made it real. They hurt from the doubt, so they had to do what they felt they needed to - Kanda in his running and Allen in his determination. Because OOC or not, when you get used to something like that, it ingrains itself into your very being, and that's what I see portrayed so delicately in this story.

And then later when Allen takes to the cliff. You can feel the fear that is freezing Kanda, the same fear that makes him bolt from his chair for the one person he couldn't bear to lose, not again. And you can feel the unspoken guilt because he knows he's at fault for it, he knows Allen is doing it for his attention. And you feel your heart pounding, praying for Kanda to make it in time, know that he will but desperate about it all the same. And then he does and it's relief, glorious undelited relief that makes you dizzy and short of breath.

Later they explore each other, tasting and touching, feeling, memorizing. They almost seem careful with each other, like a delicate glass flower in the hands of a man made of iron with no sense of touch. And yet, it's like they're unrestrained and don't hold back. They need each other and they refuse to settle for anything less, taking their time but racing in their exploration.

And then the ending. Soft, sweet and joyful, relieved. It's what you were hoping for them and they got it, they got what they want and they couldn't be happier. They could live on the streets and still make sure to stay together. And they will, because they're stubborn and determined and in love.

...

...

Well. Now that I've written you a book you probably will never read, I conclude with a simple thank you. Because sometimes you just need that hope that you feel with a happy ending to know that everything isn't over just yet.

I may not believe in fairy tales, but I do believe in happy endings. And I do believe in this one. :3
Shizaki Kuro chapter 6 . 7/30/2012
Aaaaaaaw I loved it! It is now one of my favorites!
Thnx for writing!
Kinkylittlewolf chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Hhm, I thought I was signed in, but I guess not - the previous review was done by me, by the way. *sheepish smile* Sorry about not being signed in for it.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
I love your story so much! I greatly love the fact that it's short, but it doesn't feel rushed. I've come across some that are short but feel very rushed and it's a bit disappointing. But I love yours so very much! :)
locket-too chapter 6 . 7/8/2012
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I've stumbled upon this story while searching for good ones, because I like to read and write at the same time. It's a (bad) habit of mine because if I would be solely writing without any (good) distractions then I would be much faster, but well...

Anyway I'm glad I've found your story because it's qualitative in regard of the plot, characterization and of course writing style. Your plot was not melodramatic (well maybe expect for the car accident) and the way you characterized Kanda and Allen was fantastic. Your Kanda was not a rapist and Allen was not an Emo-boy, which I truly liked and found original. The emotions you wove into the story were very tangible and gripping; I found myself relating so much to the two protagonists it hurt. You really know how to write about wanting someone you can't have, the desperate longing of the two protagonist was always present, tangible and perfectly depicted thorough the entire story.

Considering your writing style, it's spellbinding. I don't know if it's just me but I've the feeling when you write about Anime, your style is much more complex and eloquent than when you write about Harry Potter.

Ps: My favorite scene was in the fifth chapter when Kanda punched Allen who endangered his life. I always had a thing for violent foreplay. :P

I really hope you writen another Yullen story because you're good at it and D-grayman is one of my favorite fandom!

locket-girl
JelloXGiggles chapter 6 . 6/10/2012
OMGGG! it was soo cute i loved it. but i wanted allen to be the uke, but w.e i still loved it, cause it was one of those stories where its not just all bout sex. i hate those pointless horny stories.
Ta Suil chapter 6 . 2/22/2012
Oh my god...this was so good.

One of the things that bugs me the most about boyxboy fanfics is that most of them just focus on the SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX. Yours was about the people and the relationship, and that made everything way better and more truthful. Thanks for such a good story.
sammi117 chapter 6 . 1/25/2012
OMG! THAT WAS SO FLUFFY! *squeals* i thought this fic was just perfect! everything was just perfect and im so glad that i read this. keep writing you have a gift.
moon-in-flames chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Oh ho ho ho~~~

Must... Reeaadd!
Creshirecat chapter 6 . 11/30/2011
I must say that I really enjoyed this story. The depths of emotions it called forth was both surprising and welcome. Though I was surprised that Allen was a seme too, you portrayed it in such A way that it wasnt awkward, unlike many authors before you. I hope to read some more of your works- though I'll have to keep watch as I found myself unable to tear myself away until I had finished the last word! . very very good job! My hats off too you!
aosaphir chapter 6 . 11/18/2011
This was amazing! So lovely.

Don't listen to those assholes. Most of the yaoi fanfiction fanbase are young females, who are ignorant of men, their sex and their relationships. They see "top" and "bottom" as male and female roles respectively, and think that the "top"; the male, aggressive, dominant part must exist and control the "bottom"; the female, simpering, and weak. But it just doesn't work like that. Unfortunately, tween girls apply traditional heterosexual norms whether they seem to realize it or not. And although dominance and submission can be a beautiful thing, seme/uke relationship bases are just false.

So just don't listen to those guys. They need to be educated, and your story was brilliant and refreshing.
Ining-Batong chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
OOh! What happened to the white-haired boy?

It's Allen right?
AnimeCrazed121 chapter 6 . 4/9/2011
Oh dude that was beautiful!XDDDDDD

AND I dont normally read AreKan! Im a Yullen fangirl and i still loved it!XDDDDDDDDDD
anon azure chapter 6 . 3/31/2011
LOVE IT~!
moshimellow chapter 6 . 3/9/2011
Aww I really really liked this!

Lovely story! w

Kanda is actually kinda normal here, a little OOC but still nice. :)
138 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »