Reviews for Something old, Something new
ShirukuKage chapter 6 . 8/30/2010
Before I start let me apologize for not reviewing individual chapters, but I just barely came across this story and once I start reading I find it difficult to stop. So this review will be for the whole story.

I loved how you showed the development of their relationship starting with their youth, to me it somehow makes it seem stronger and purer.

For the fifth chapter all I can say is I can't believe people would criticize your work, especially about the dominance of a relationship.

I also wonder how they didn't noticed that you had stated that had both had "top" position in the chapter, did they just skim over it and miss it?

I love stories of equal relationships, and I can't tell you how glad I am that you portray them.

In fact the only thing I could even come close to complaining about might be that your sex scene was too short (I'm a pervert like that, sorry), but it was still wonderfully detailed so I didn't really feel that anything was missing!

I'm so glad that you took the time and effort to write and share this story with us and that you posted the last chapter despite some of the critics.

This was a wonderful story and you told it so well. Thank you for your hard work, I can't wait to see what else you come out with!
Kiyoko4173 chapter 6 . 8/29/2010
Beautiful. Just tell me who dissed your fanfic and I'll have them shot. Lol jk. But seriously don't listen to the haters, it's a really good story, so sweet at the end it left me smiling for ages.
Book Thief101 chapter 6 . 8/29/2010

You up-dated!

I'm so happy I could explode. _

And they are back together; do you know how much I aw'ed when Allen said:

"Then you can come with me," Allen drew nearer, eyes darkening, "anywhere…" and the words left unspoken hung between them like a bright globe of molten gold…

as long as we are together, anywhere is home…

Really, I was having a moment. . .w;

And don't let what other people say bother you. I was happy with the action in the last chapter, I was blushing like crazy!XD

And I'm really happy you still posted this chapter.

~ Book Thief101
sasunaru2themax chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
Misuki Miko chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
I LOVED THIS STORY! There was a lot of angst. The best angst story I've ever read!
Lai Jun Chen chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
that was so great, such a nice ending. the whole fic was great
pnginlvrs chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
OMG! This was so cute! And sweet!
Kiyoko4173 chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
woah. don't know what to say except wow. That was incredible, one of the best fics I've ever read. Sincerely, well done. 3
Opalynne chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
I want to despair that you got negative reviews for the last chapter just because of the stupid uke/seme issues some people were having. That is ridiculous...Love isn't a formula, and people shouldn't think it is. Grraaa...*le sigh*

Anyway, I don't think I had time to review your last chapter, but I'll just make due with saying here that I liked everything about this story. It was so fun to read. That scene on the beach was pretty intense, and even if I was surprised that they pretty much jumped right into the smexing, you made it work without it seeming too unrealistic.

And this epilogue was a nice little addition-made me all smile-y.
Kiyoko4173 chapter 4 . 8/28/2010
Gah! cliffhanger! o.o so exciting, and such depth in your exploration of their feelings wow. I'm glad the next chapter's already out, i'm going to read it right now, cannot wait :P
Hanafurirou chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Ohh...I feel like this story have no idea how to say this feeling.

but...don't worry i will read next chapter.

I'm interrested in this story.

thanks for written.
zzbbttyy chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
This little story is just too sweet, cute, and funny for me to have any little bit against it, and the ending was marvelous and made me weep a little xp... I thought it was more about the love than the smut- and I didn't really pay attention to the 'who topped who' bit, because I really don't care about who's seme and who's uke, which is most likely why I love your stuff so much because you don't go by, "Well, he's taller so he tops" kind of stuff.

I don't exactly read much of the manga or watch a lot of the anime, but they are one of my most favorite couples, and I love how this fic gives them depth. This will be on my favortes list FOREVER!
Qualyn chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
First let me say some things myself about the who tops issue:

I hope my review for the last chapter wasn't one of the ones you say were criticizing. I merely asked (and you didn't answer) who was topping because I was somewhat confused, I was NOT criticizing because I think just like who, it doesn't matter who tops and there shouldn't be a fixed role for the lovers. IF both can top, then both should. Also, I read the reviews for chapter 5 and I believe most of them were just surprised because you have to admit, there aren't that many Allen x Kanda, it's usually the other way around and I believe that I only read one other story besides yours in which both toped. So I don't really think they were upset, just surprised.

Sorry, I just had to tell you this because there's the possibility you felt disencouraged by a misunderstanding. Or maybe I didn't read the right reviews, dunno...

So now to the actual review, I absolutely loved this entire fic, I think you had the greatest idea when you decided to show how a friendship in childhood could develop to something more. After all, it is in childood that our feelings are pure for another ( I mean pure in the way we love with all our hearts and do anything for that someone else, not expecting anything in return). I love the way you write and how you describe, I think you're an awesome writer, and the last line was the sweetest thing (:
Little Lady Lime chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
So sweet! I'm so glad that they'll be together forever now! And oh my gosh, I just want to apologize if I offended you with my previous comment. That was not my intention at all! Sorry! But anyways, I really like this story so I'm adding it to my favorites! _
Vikare chapter 6 . 8/28/2010

the last quote was epic

Thank you for writing this story, it had been fun. You expressed the emotions portrayed well. I'll see you next time.
137 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »