Reviews for Through an Acre of Fire I Would Travel
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
I loved this story so much. Amnesia fics are always fun. Especially if they have a legitimate plot, and yours was interesting to boot. The amount of detail you put into every scene is astounding. I can easily set the scene in my mind and imagine what's going on. Not enough people have your level of detail. It really grounds the story and assists setting and believability. Beautifully done.

When you mentioned 'onetothreefourfive', I could definitely imagine Rodney hastily dialling the gate. I think a 'w' went MIA in that sentence though. XD

Overall, amazing story, and wonderfully written.
Syngaly chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This fic is awesome !

I really think there should be more McKay whumping fic with Sheppard angst... So thank you very much for writing one :) I really enjoyed it .
Formosa Non Katalaveno chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
This was a great story. Most people can't pull of the whole amnesia thing, but I think you did it really well. There is this huge debate on which stories are better: ones where Rodney looses his memory but is still Rodney in there somewhere, and ones where Rodney looses his memory but is different. My favorites are the ones somewhere in the middle, but i have to say that your story is definitely one of my favorites.

Good job!
Leesa Perrie chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Oh, this was fun! I love confused amnesiac Rodney, and John trying so hard to help him. The mistrust and growing trust is great - and the ending is perfect!

"You found me. And I saved your life from the oh-so-dangerous deyha bug. The bugs collected by little girls."

LOL! John's never, ever going to live that down! *g*
Astrollama chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is a cool story. Love the way that these 2 react to each other. You got their characters so right, even changing Rodney's voice to be pure Rodney once he was healed. Fab stuff.
RagingRedStar chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Yes! another great fanfiction. Fantastic work!
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Ach, it's lovely! You have such a way with drawing the reader into each character's viewpoint, even in a straightforward story like this one, and your h/c balance is just perfect. Thanks so much once again for sharing your time and talent with us and the Team!
SGAavidreader chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I very much enjoyed this story. The relationship between John and Rodney was very well done. I agree that John would not have left the planet again once he found Rodney without him coming along.
lilawonder chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
I loved this story! The pace was just right and you ended it perfectly. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Melissa
kirroth chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Meh, I don't care what the writers say. They gave us Kannan and McKeller, what do they know? I like the idea of Sheppard knowing some higher math. Is he as smart as McKay? No, but as a pilot, he'd need a good head for numbers. I could see him recognizing those equations (if for no other reason than having memorized some just to annoy/surprise McKay, or from hanging around McKay).

Didn't see the microchip angle coming, that was a good explanation for the pain and memory loss, I thought. And I like the bit of Sheppard whump you sneaked into the story. ;)
zxas chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Really good, very in character, with the sole exception of Sheppard's understanding of McKay's math. Sheppard, while pretty smart with a head for numbers and good at mental arithmatic, is nowhere near as smart as you make him here. This has unfortunately been confirmed by the writers in interviews. He is merely quite intelligent, rather than someone with any higher intuitive grasp of math such as McKay or Carter. Mensa doesn't really mean anything when up against that kind of intelligence! Other than that small point though, very entertaining.
Amaq Iraluq chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Great, absolutely great story! Best I've read in a long time!

You did a fantastic job of letting out bits and pecies of the sotry at a time, yet still keeping it mysterious. For example, it became obvious that Rodney gained headaches whenever he tried to remeber, but we (nor he) knew why. Also, I love how the story ended, how he threw caution to the wind to save Sheppard.

I loved this story. I may have the read it again ;-)
parisindy chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
awwwwwwwwww that was awesome!
JoaniexJony chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Loved the story. The way you showed the feelings between John and Rodney, and the way John finally managed to get his friend to come around.

Rodney saving Sheppard was a nice touch, especially as John was felled by an allergic reaction!

Thanks for sharing.

J
TheSilverDevastation chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I should stop checking for new stories right before I go to be because then I find awesome things like this and forget about the whole sleep thing. It's nearly 2:30 in the morning and I have to work in a few hours and the last thing I needed was to find a story that is the Atlantis fic equivalent to crack.

So, the POINT of this is me saying that this was a great story. And that I really should sleep. So if this makes no sense, blame the sleep deprivation.

~