Reviews for Help Wanted
Jokulmorder chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Definitely shouldn't turn this one dramatic. The parody works quite well. Pink-haired wolf-girl Ranma just broke the possibility of this fic ever being taken seriously. Just a stray thought, though you may have had it in mind; I wonder what Nododa would think of her wolf-like half-Youma child being afraid of cats?
neb1234 chapter 2 . 8/21/2010
Pretty cool!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
I could see a scenario like this happening with the only response being "alright, who had 'Ranma is a werewolf or other wolf hybrid'?".
deitarionSSokolow chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Heh. This fits so well with Nodoka's manliness obsession. Frisbee of death indeed.

Also a lot of fun to see Jadeite and Cologne speaking civilly without also plotting against Ranma. So much unexplored potential in these characters. I definitely agree that the more laid-back Nerima is better. (In fact, I think that 99% of stories which don't use it are written by authors who are either lazy, unskilled, or both)

Was it intentional that Ranma's female form, as described, could be taken for the same type of hanyou as Inuyasha? (I'm kinda hoping, but I know whatever you guys have planned will work just as well as whatever I'm vaguely envisioning)
Kariston Draconis chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Hmmm... So, Ranma's female form now looks kinda like a female Inuyasha? Is that gonna translate over to his male form as well, now that it seems his Youma blood has awakened? And Akane's a potential Dark General? So basically, another typical day in Nerima.
claymade chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Huh, Akane having a hidden magic talent? That's an interesting way to take the character, and a way to make her more relevant to things without the blunt heavy-handedness of just giving her a more standard "power up." Cologne was fun too, and as shrewd as one would expect from her.

Looks like things are still building momentum at the present, and it'll be enjoyable to see just how the Senshi get dragged into this tapestry of conflicting loyalties.
Jace chapter 3 . 8/20/2010
Hmmm...I wonder if the "Evil Glowing Frisbee of Death" would even work on Ranma. He is only half youma, and is capable of producing his own energy. Then again, the ward sorta worked on him so...I dunno. Besides I would think by this point in time he should be more worried about a Giant Pink Heart of DOOM. Probably from not-so-chibi-anymore Usa since the current Senshi could probably curbstomp Ranma thanks to their greater experience. No offense to Ranma, but 20 years against various supernatural threats has to count for something, while he has zero experience on fighting a purely magical force. It just wouldn't be a fair fight.

I hope to see more of this soon!
nonwritten chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
Ok, Nekohanten is the place to eat, no doubt about it.

I understand what is going on here better now. I didn't realize how big the time lapse was. It was unexpected since both series took place at about the same time. Though people have lately been messing with the timelines a bit.
Negima Uzumaki chapter 2 . 8/17/2010
OH I can't wait to see what happens next, how old is Hotaru in your fic, because if she is young, like say around Ranma's age, I would think it would be cool if she and Ranma got together.
YOURLORDANDMASTEROFINTERESTING chapter 2 . 8/17/2010
interesting
claymade chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
Very nice! An intriguing setup, which puts a fresh spin on the classic Ranma/SM crossover. I found particularly interesting the fact that you're setting this so long after the events of the Sailor Moon series; while interactions between Senshi and NWC of comparable ages has been done countless times, I don't recall ever reading a fic that chose to examine what the interactions between *adult* Senshi and a still-teen NWC would be. Should be plenty of gold left to mine there, due to the inspired departure from the norm.

And the situation, of course, seems rife for all kinds of perplexities and misunderstandings and general Nerima chaos, and I look forward to seeing all the Funny that looks to be resulting from the potential conflicts. You do excellent character work; I particularly liked the scene between Ranma and Akane on the roof, a nice little understated encounter that was funny in a quiet sort of way, and also showed them interacting in the calm before the storm.

In terms of suggestions: the one place that I felt was a little underdeveloped was some of the Jadeite bits. I didn't get a good feel of his motives for his actions. Why is he so seamlessly taking up Beryl/Metallia's goal for his own-barely even breaking stride, despite what's been dumped on his head?

Is what he's doing primarily out of ambition, wanting to "rule the world"-but for himself now, rather than Beryl? Or is it more revenge-prompted, targeting the Senshi specifically? Or loyalty to his Queen's ideals? Or a coping mechanism, hanging onto the life he knows in a world suddenly out of whack?

Now, any of the above motives could certainly work-or something entirely different. I'm not trying to say that Jadeite even now still trying to kill the Senshi is implausible, per se. It's just a suggestion to establish a *specific* reason for the reader to latch onto for why he's still doing this, so it doesn't come across as just a generic "he's doing it 'cause he was the villain, and that's what villains do." It's an opportunity to get into his head, let us feel what he's feeling, thinking.

Anyway, all in all, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take this. I look forward to a fun romp, filled with all the zaniness that these two great worlds can provide when smashed together!
Bree R chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
This is a lot of fun so far. Not sure where it's going or how much sense it makes but still a fun work thus far. Would add it to my story alerts but I'm already subscribed to author alerts so...
Kariston Draconis chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
Hmmm... Well, this is certainly different. I've only seen two fics that are anything like this at all. Should be interesting where you go with this.
Chikubi chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
I like it. At first I thought it was going to be like Jimra's Negawarrior or even that old fic that Nidoking did, but Iwas pleasantly surprised. I don't think I've come across a ranma/SM cross quite like this before, and that's a good thing. I'll be patiently waiting for more chapters.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
Ooh. Even more creative than I first thought. I love the twist with Nodoka and Jadeite's little problems are also amusing.

Jon, as far as concentrated creativity goes, this is starting to remind me of Kyuubi no Cabbit. Well done to the both of you. :)

...especially given how much this says about your creativity, given how supposedly saturated a fic space Ranma-SM crossovers are.
221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »