Reviews for Kumpania
AWWW
grayson4life chapter 1 . 7/20
I am crying ...badly ..can't stop
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
I wanted to inform that referring to Romanis as gypsies is offensive.
romanov16 chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Wow, as a Catholic, I must say that this stoy was wonderful.
PSML chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Beautiful! I hadn't known any of that stuff but now it makes sense!
Ms. Issues chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
What an amazing story and well researched! It's refreshing to see a fic about Dick's heritage.
talk-ape chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Outstanding.
Yeah you'll find conflicting stuff because of the different groups of Romany.

This deep consideration so so so so so often goes unnoted in the DG Batfics, i think the only other place i see good consideration of the difficulty of taking a rom away from the community was in some of the fanfics about Billy Jukes (foxspeterpankidpirate).
InDefenseOfOurDreams chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
This is wonderful. I think we all recognize Dick as a Romani, but to hear it like this gives his background ten times the depth. I really love this oneshot, so well done!
Kelana-ti chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Wow. I love it when people go into Dick's heritage. I agree, the comics don't do it enough. I enjoyed reading this.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
It was different, and I liked it. So Dick's heritage actualy is Romany? Didn't know that cool.

-Creative Spark
Doormie chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
you did a very good job in both the writting and the reasher. ive been reachercing the romany for probaly close to 8 years now, and let me say that 8 years bring you not much closer to understanding their life style. there's a saying that of you ask 10 gypies the same question you will get 10 different answers. there couldnt be a true saying. the only thing i saw wrong was the romany offten pretend to be what ever relighon is accepeted in the comunity they are in at the time. They have their own religon based mostly upon supperstions and such. they are actually a fastinating culter, but very hard to get a clear view of.

good luck with further reasher

*terry
Andrea chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
This is one of my favorite Dick-out-of-costume pieces. I reread it often. I was wondering if you were considering writing a sequal to this piece. Your conclusion begs for a follow up with issues covered such as: how does Dick relate to Father Matthew when he comes or the other Romany once the Chapel is rededicated, what events could circle around Dick's "reaching out to his people and sharing something with them that he thought he would never be able to again? Et cetera. Please?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
A touching and heartfelt story- great to see Dick draw comfort from his Catholic faith. One jarring note: a priest would NEVER have asked the Graysons to leave, especially on Christmas Eve! Good priests are being vilified now for the crimes of a deviant few, but the wonderful ones I've been privileged to know would have made Mary and Dick particularly welcome, not only for their own sakes, but in remembrance of the Holy Mother and Child who were refused a place at the inn.
Cassandra Chalice chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
This is a cool story. It's warm in that little chapel, no matter how many holes the wind is blowing through.
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
WOw, A beautiful Story. YOu seem to have done your Romie Reserch well.