Reviews for Under Covers Champion
chrisdella63gma chapter 4 . 1/29/2014
Where has chapter 4 gone ? Help more please ?! X x
Salina chapter 4 . 9/1/2013
Oh my goodness this is so funny... I normally don't like to read a story until its finished but please continue this tale, it is sooo freakin' funny.. Thank you for sharing with me/us.
PotterSpell94 chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
this is so good and absolutely adorable! good job! may i ask what was the tweet?
Guest chapter 3 . 6/27/2013
Mensa is Spanish slang for stupid. This irony cracked me up.
Laura Rosilyn chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
I can honestly say that I have NEVER laughed so hard aloud at a fanfic before. Ever! Enjoyed the characterization and found it true to the real deal!
HeatherSS1 chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
There are some completely hilarious parts in this story, and Jane trying to piece together wtf happened is just awesome, but my main thought at this point is just omg poor Jane. I feel so horrible for her.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 4 . 2/13/2013
Great fic! Funny stuff and cute a little too
free28 chapter 4 . 1/10/2013
waittttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttwht. ok
snapplejax21 chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
Omfg dude (applause here) best morning after story eva! This made my day
MegaFae chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Ok, I'm reading this at 2am and trying like HELL not to bust out laughing full on and wake the entire household!
halfbadgirl chapter 4 . 5/11/2012
ROFLMAO ad infreakingnitum!

What the hell ... In for a penny, in for a pound ... I am Dumb Debra to the very end. I wrote my SECOND review BEFORE I read chapter three. Here I was thinking that Maura had done the deed with exacting execution, and Jane was still completely oblivious, much like the tv show, and all that was left was to watch and listen as Jane swallowed the morning after pill excruciatingly loudly in technicolor and stereophonic sound. Then I began reading chapter three ...

Wouldn't you know that Maura is gallant, especially when Jane is a drunk goofus. Well of course she is! And the extraction of the supporting evidence was priceless. Aggravatingly priceless. Too funny for words. Will a snort do? And delivered so spot on, with superb comedic timing. Lest I forgot to tell you because I'm still snickering in the afterglow, you captured the characters' voices with Islesian prescision. Spot the frig on. And as proof of your five star stand up skills, suffice it to say, I now have to run out and buy a new couch because I laughed so hard and long I peed myself and it. Touché!

I can't wait to read the sequels. And I promise: no posting any reviews until I have quantified, certified and notarized that I have indeed reached FIN.

PS - You should submit this as a screenplay to the powers that be on R&I. They would be stupid not to tape it. Screwball comedy at its finest. Perhaps they could air it as a LOGO A/U special if nothing else.
halfbadgirl chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
OMFG! I mean, really?

Um ... I must fess up to something seriously stupid. You know the review I just posted? Just after I penned it, I ran upstairs to wake up my coed-on-summer-break daughter to give her my cliff notes on your too-cute yarn. She should have been up hours ago, but wasn't. Imagine that? A college student sleeping late on a non-workday. But I knew I could get a rise out of her with a hearty morning gufaw. So, as I'm summarizing your tale and singing your praises to her, I'm doing my ADD multitasking thing on my iPad and find out that, not only are there two SEQUELS to this little lovely, there are also MORE freaking chapters to THIS particular installation! Now I'm ROFL again!

I thought you had ended "Under Covers Champion" at chapter two, where Maura reveals that she eagerly obliged Jane in her generous offer to give a her a personal, fully instructed, anatomical tour of the far side of the Kinsey scale. Yeah, I'm woman enough to admit that I was laughing so hard at that one that my eyesight blurred and my synapses misfired thus derailing me entirely. Sure, you could simply call it a Dumb Debra moment, but I beg to differ. At that precise point in the story I had willingly suspended my BELIEF in Jane's ability to continue the interrogation. Surely Maura had just relayed TMI to Jane, regardless of it being just the facts of their girls night out. No way could Jane face anymore honest self awareness. She was Catholic, after all ... says the expatriate Southern Baptist.

I believe that my fabula interruptus is a testament to your superior composition skills: I fell hook, line and sinker for the punch line! I simply didn't realize it was only the first (or thirty-first) among many. So, if you'll accept my apologies for my premature exaltation, I will excuse myself to continue reading.

Cheers!
halfbadgirl chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
OMG! ROFL! What a fabulous, authentically Rizzles coming out story!

OF COURSE their first encounter would require Jane being completely besotted (on neanderthal Bud Light, no less, which was apparently but inexplicably included in the higher brewery education of Dr. Maura Isles) in order to be flagrantly honest and self aware, while Maura was breathalyzer tested, 198.05 proof sober studiously analyzing and recording her observations of the evening's events. And OF COURSE Jane must employ elementary interrogation tactics in order to devine the whole truth and nothing but the truth from Maura, which she ultimately relays in an eidetic, play-by-play, morning-after recap. And OF COURSE this was all revealed to a hangover-hazed Det. Jane, hurriedly clad and commando-ready in buttonless pants and an ill fitting Hooter's tee, by a quintessentially alert Dr. Maura who is sensously styled in her lover's barely prudent button-down shirt and previously worn underwear (cotton boy-shorts would be my guess). If I were to continue to recount all of the joyously bona fide and ironically cross-linked references in this deliciously funny narrative, I'm certain the author would track me down and tattoo my cleavage with permanent marker branding me a "philandering plagiarist." Therefore, let me simply say: I LOVED IT!

Kudos, my dear, on a story so very well regaled.
onezero chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Epic! Just epic! I have no words to describe it.. Maura FTW!
onezero chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Your last paragraph is a WIN! I totally snorted and luckily I am not drinking.