Reviews for The Joke's On You
whosurdaddy chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
That was so good. It was funny when BB was with the guys.

The rest was so beautiful and sweet, and it was a very good lemon!
CrazyInLoveWithNoOne chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Great Job!
armydude chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Only thing I would add would have been Raven hovering in the kitchen out of sight getting her normal cuppa tea. Once BB left and she knew he wasn't going to brag or act stupid, she floats past Rob and Cy, muttering just loud enough for them to hear. "Humph, well I guess the joke on you guy!"

Rob and Cy astonded
Nyalowlo 625 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
That was a very good experiment . the only part I felt out of place was when he first got to his room and Raven was bidding him to come in... it seemed too, i don't know, desperate? maybe? she draws power from the mystery that is Raven. she's sexy in a mysterious type of way... I don't see her being the seductive type... the sweet pleading don't sound like her, but the rest of it was wonderful! I really enjoyed it!

beautiful job :D thank you
Zenia chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
The Flying Frog chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I'm sure you'll be able to understand if I don't give a full review as I usually do as I simply skipped the x rated stuff. I don't read or write smut or lemons.

From the beginning up to when they snapped Beast Boy out of his daydream, it maintains a lighthearted and easygoing atmosphere that shows their friendship and the fact that they can give each other hard times, even about personal things like sex. I loved the line Beast Boy thought of when he finally got on track. They weren't talking about nuclear launch codes.

The fight with Adonis was very interesting. Outside of his suit he's a wimp. He had to rely on the suit to get the strength and feel good about his manliness, and I gathered that from the way he talked during the Beast Within episode. Which also means he has a low self esteem as he needs to show off to feel like a man. But those chemicals were the only thing that allowed him to feel powerful without a suit. I can see why he would be addicted.

I do wonder what Raven did after Beast Boy got hit though. But I like that you left it to the readers imagination, because in my mind, it wasn't pretty.

Overall, I'd say that everyone was completely in character (from what I read; after all I skipped some) and I suddenly feel like exercising the rhetoric about that last line. Make the most of his hour. Doing what? a date with Raven, personal time with her, video games, watch a movie? All those things could easily fit into Beast Boy's mind about making the most of it.
The defenastrator chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I don't know if its just me but in a couple of points I think Raven's actions are slightly ooc not enough to be not believable just slightly odd for her. Then again it may just be me. It's kind of a grey area how Raven would behave in intimate situations but do to the degree of her emotional control I don't think she would lose herself in the moment at all and it kind of seems like she does for a little bit. Again this may just me. I did enjoy the story my policy is to only review stories I enjoyed so as to prevent myself from putting off any writers by torching them.
Buri-kun chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Hahahahahahaha, that was perfect! You're really good at adding emotional subtext, which is the best part! It's naughty, but in a good way. I like how you mixed flashback with current time. It's a nice touch. Good job! Can't wait for more~
The Noz chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
hi, i've read all you work so far and as soon as I see your name I read the story regardless of characters/genre. You have a fantastic writing style and produce good fan fictions. keep it up :)
GreenRock chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I think this was a nice change of pace from 'Collateral Damage'. Going from an action induced, hard-hitting, hundred-mile-an-hour novel, to a more relaxed, softer, more ardent one-shot.

I think the thing I like most about this piece; is that is shows that you are flexible. That your creativity doesn't just adhere to action packed pieces, but you are able to take the reader to a place where it is more sensuous.

Finally, I think that the thoughts that made BeastBoy become extremely perturbed about the situation at hand was very realistic, believable and were not over exaggerated or false.

All in all, a very nice one-shot.

Keep up with the good work. You're bloody good at this. :D
AkumaKami64 chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Hmm, looks like you're a natural for all forms of writing. If you write for real, you'll make money fast. Can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat next!
Renting chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Love it! Definetly going on the favorite list. :)
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
You have boldly gone where I dare not tread and you pulled it off tastefully.

I think my favorite line was:

"She, however—like she always did—made me strong and brave."

It takes a big man to admit that, but then that only goes to prove that she makes him complete and whole.
Sir Alwick chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
That was excellent. There's so much in this piece that I love. The way Beast Boy described the expereince was beautiful and very poetic and the whole thing was very well done.

What I think I loved the most was a lot of the little things. I mean, for years I thought I was the only one who ever watched Who's Line is it Anyway. And Beast Boy's coolest voice being a combination of Fonzie, James Dean and Clint Eastwood? I can hardly think of a better combination of cool dudes.

I really enjoyed this and can't wait to see what you come out with next.

-Sir Alwick

P.S. Thanks big time for the plug at the end. You didn't have to do that.
titanfan45 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
I have to tell you that this was the first "M" rated story that has ever been dedicated to me, but I sure can't let my parents see it! LOL! Seriously though, you did a nice job of writing it although my computer's monitor nearly caught on fire while reading it. Thank you for the dedication and I'm glad that you went ahead and wrote this in spite of your misgivings.
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4