Reviews for Games We Play
chromeknickers chapter 6 . 1/3
Colour me interested. I didn't expect that kind of ending. Don't get me wrong: I wasn't at all disappointed. In fact, I find it kinda sweet. I do love these two as friends. The romantic in me, though, is gonna imagine that they got together at a later date, when River was a little older. ;)

Great fic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
chromeknickers chapter 5 . 1/3
Aww, Jayne is awful considerate, and nervous. It's just too cute. Now I'm curious how the couple will go...
chromeknickers chapter 4 . 1/3
I love that you have Jayne actually put some thought to what he promised River. Shows a man with a sense of honour. Maybe not the best of morals, but honour. I question him bringing River to a Madam; however, he knows he can't take her to Inara, so this is the next best thing, really.
chromeknickers chapter 3 . 1/3
Haha, Jayne the bona fide expert on womanly wiles. Lol, nice. Loved the dialogue. He really is an expert.

("He must teach her."

"Looks like she's doing a fair good job on her own."

"No. No. Jayne must teach her," River clarified, growing a bit agitated as she split her rapt gaze back and forth between the now-affectionate couple and himself.

Jayne laughed. "Now yer soundin' more like the moonbrain than the genius. I go over there offerin' my instructional expertise, that feller's gonna take plenty exception. Reckon he plans on doin' the teachin' of her, hisself."

River rolled her eyes at him with an exasperated sigh. "Jayne must teach her – me – River!")

HAHAH! This whole exchange was brilliant. I might have snorted on my tea.

Random observation: I always found it odd that River referred to herself in the third person so much in the film while she always referred to herself in the first person during the show, except for the times when they were talking about her in front of her (ie. She comprehends; she doesn't understand). I'm glad you're getting away from that.

And the whole exchange with who should teach River about love-making/lovers - brilliant! I love how proud of himself Jayne was, until River mentioned the male companion. She was so playing him and I love it. This story is just too cute!
chromeknickers chapter 2 . 1/3
Jayne and his dress shirt. *snorts* Omg, you have totally rocketed me back to Heart of Gold and the fact that he got 'dressed up' for the whores. I can't stop giggling. It's not helping matters any by you writing Jayne giving himself compliments in the mirror. Lol. ;P

Glad River told Simon and Mal off but holy hell how people like Kaylee and Jayne still have to suffer because of how overprotective Mal and Simon are of River. Argh! I understand Mal is doing it to make Jayne more of a crew member, but still - he'd never do that to Zoe or Inara.

But the *best* part was that they were all tricked by Jayne and River. Hehe. Nice. *thumbs up*
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 1/3
I absolutely adore how you've captured River and Jayne's characters post-BDM. River is always tricky to capture, but you've done it well. Even better is Jayne. His grumpy petulance is spot on, as is his curious and perverted nature. He's a little softer in this but it is to be expected and adequately explained, post-BDM.

The narrative itself is just right. Often, the Rim dialect is either over-used or not used at all. You ave a perfect balance here and I can hear Jayne exactly. At this point I'm not even all too concerned about the plot. I'm too busy loving the character analysis. ;)
Bluesky20 chapter 6 . 7/4/2013
I liked it until the end. To me a true Rayne story has them as a couple in end.
Aurilia chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
Aww! This is probably the most realistic Rayne fic I've ever read. Kudos! Applause! And though I was really into the whole 'happily-ever-after' mindset when I started trolling for something to read, I'm extremely happy I found this instead.
Aurilia chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
I have to wonder what they told the crew as cover for their stolen night dirtside.
Aurilia chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
And that is so typically *Jayne* that I can't help but be amused.
Aurilia chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
And I'm wondering just when (or even if) Jayne's gonna suss out that River's been playing him all this time.
Aurilia chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
Hee! Are we to take it that the playing of Mal in the early scene was mostly Jayne's idea? 'Cause if not, I don't care - I'm taking it that way and I love it to bits!
Aurilia chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Fabulous voice here. *applause*
Dherea chapter 6 . 3/2/2012
This was fun, fresh and happy! Great job!
Magdylena Black chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
I liked it! It was greatness! Kinda wish there was more, but we can't have everything, I suppose. Anyways, Not what I was expecting, but still awesome!