Reviews for La Vie en Rose
Meh chapter 3 . 8/26/2014
OMG.
Y U NO update!?
This. Is. To die for.
I've been looking for a well-written UsUk and here it is like *Gates of heaven open and all the sing-song angels and God giving me a thumbs up*
And I've been drained of an awesome fic.
Continue, da? :3
Guest chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
"champagne was only champagne if it came from Champagne" - heh I liked that part... if only because it uses one word thrice- curse my simple mind eh
fac-me-cocleario-vomere chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
Hello there!

I found you on DeviantArt as well, and I just had to say that I absolutely adore this story!

Do keep it going!
mimiminite chapter 5 . 4/2/2012
Please update. Your imagery is wonderful. It's like you've been to Paris and we're experiencing it through your eyes, ears, nose, and . . . taste.
starwefter chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
Waiting impatiently to see what is inside that club, and what will happen next. Please?
curiosity chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
Hi there, I just went through your story in one go and it's been a great ride. Your prose is so pretty and so descriptive without being over the top.

I'm a sucker for mysterious magical hideaways in famous cities, so your last chapter has me hooked. I'm definitely going to stalk this fic, I hope you don't mind. I'm really curious about France and Russia and I love what you've got going on between America and England. Also, I love your characterization of America. I can't wait for more. Hope your muses don't fly back to Olympus anytime soon because I (and a whole lot of other people) would be really sad.
jacquesway chapter 5 . 11/23/2011
I love this! Your attention to detail is simply amazing and you're characterisation of Alfred is just perfect.
Lamashtar Two chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
I echo everyone who noted your beautiful structure of language. The style is reminiscent of old stories, and recalls their worlds to this one. Agatha Christie keeps coming to mind. :)

Your Alfred seems very unlike the Hetalia America, but it seems right anyway. Again, I find myself thinking of all the old books where we are presented "the American character." We know who he is, we are familiar with the way he talks and acts in a crisis. (Though, now that I think about it, most of those books were written by non-Americans.)

Who is Arthur, type-wise? Tolkien, with his cherished fantasy hobby world that he swore up and down wasn't an allegory of World War II? Or C.S. Lewis, who deliberately wrote allegories of Christianity in fairy tale form referencing WWII and had the doomed love affair with an American? And the characters of his book, who so obviously also stand for Alfred and Arthur? Alfred the Hero who has taken charge of his life, the heroic unicorn? But in the real life tale, Alfred is the one taking the lead in seduction. (Is this a joke about unicorn's interest in virgins lol?) And Arthur is the grouchy phoenix because he has never been the hero of his own life and he is trying to rise out of his own death of boredom through the flames of passion? But the phoenix is reknowned for peacock-like plumage, and Arthur is a plain man, here. No piratical finery, sadly!

I cannot guess how you plan to wrap this up in only one more chapter. It seems impossible. I do hope you finish.
Hada-Fiction chapter 5 . 10/21/2011
Huzzah! A new chapter! I read this a while back then read Til Death Do Us Part and totally forgot you're the same author! I'm happy to see that Arthur's getting to see a little more of Paris and live a little. Just imagining Arthur's encounter with Ivan just cracks me up in subtle ways that I like. I have to say that I love the prose you've put out for this chapter and it flows well with the dialog within it. I like this style very much and hope it continues to flourish. :3 I am fascinated and ready for more! Good luck to you in the future and glad to know that things are looking up for you!
rae1112 chapter 5 . 8/11/2011
I-i-is it next time yet...?
CherryFlamingo chapter 4 . 6/4/2011
What I love about Arthur is that there's nearly always something wrong that goes on when he's attempting to do something. Anyway, just brings us back to reality. The chapter was wonderful yet again 3
CherryFlamingo chapter 3 . 6/4/2011
I was tempted to just read another fanfiction when I finished the first chapter despite the great wording and all; however, I am greatly satisfied with chapter two and three! I can not wait for more of your alter chapters! This is going somewhere! xD
kanalevi chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Well, I could just say simply: incredibly well-writen with a lot of details.

I like how the way you write. I'm totally watching you, lady! I hope you don't mind ;D
TangerineTea chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
This fic is absolutely brilliant so far. I feel as though I'm in the story myself, sensing all he sees and smells and hears and tastes. I have to slow down my reading sometimes to shake off the sensory overload! Your descriptions are wonderful and really bring every location (and character!) to life, and I love the way you've portrayed the boys-Arthur flies off the handle so easily, but he's quick to recover, and his passion and pride color his every action. His interactions with fanboy!Matthew were adorable. I love seeing the softer side of Arthur, and though Alfred manages to tease it out of Arthur, it's so much more touching when volunteered freely. And Matthew is such a cutie~ Your Alfred is just as well-meaning and idealistic but sort of overbearing as in canon, but also considerate, sweet, and driven in his pursuit of Arthur. Your Francis...is kind of a /dick/, and the way he drags the most instinctual responses from Arthur is hilarious. Also, your Ivan terrifies me. I'm not even joking. If he was the one to greet me at the entrance to a club, I don't care how attractive the Frenchman was who invited me there, I'm turning tail and fleeing (and praying I make it out alive). I'm in love with the story so far, and I can't wait to read the next installment! Please don't keep us waiting too long :)
Tinderbox Lily chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
Oh god, I feel like I'm cheating on FrUK! But the USUK... Betrayal has never been so fluffily adorable _
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »