Reviews for Retrieval
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Fantastic! I lovedd the brief bit of foreshadowing and the way you've laid quite a few interesting questions from Beckett to Auggie's NSA hate to Duarte's weirdness to the tampered briefcase. I can just tell this is going to be interesting! Annie really can't pull of a simple, no surprises, mission can she? It's going to be great to see what Joan and Auggie do to get our girl back- and naturally how she gets out of it herself knowing Annie!
GraphiteHeron chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Nicely written. You've got a more than decent grasp of the tones and attitudes of all the characters - as well as Annie's propensity towards getting the 'easy' missions that just somehow magically go to hell in a handbasket every time.

The entire bit about running with scissors was completely inspired, by the way. Brilliant:)
Pig-Rabbit-Suk chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
OH. Cliff hanger. Ouch. That hurts. Write soon. :)
rebyl chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I love this! I can't wait for more!
CarolROI chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Great beginning! I was wondering if anyone was going to do a Jake 2.0 and CA crossover. You might want to click on the crossover button under story properties so people can find it on the crossovers list. That's where I was looking for CA crossovers with Jake 2.0 and was surprised to find this one only under CA stories. Can't wait to read more!
Silwyna chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Awesome start (and great to read something from you again!), I can't wait to find out how this continues.

Auggie is my favourite on the show and I watched a little bit of Jake 2.0, so this is an interesting mix.
Swishla chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Great so far, can't wait to read more.
Emaelin chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Ooooooooohh this is an AWESOME start! You had me doing that little thing where while you're reading you get the story playing like a movie in your head... And it was a REALLY good movie. James Bond quality at least. Maybe better. I love the banter you've got going on between Annie and Auggie. Keep up the amazing writing and you'll be hearing from me again next chapter too. Hugs and cookies, E
Peppy87 chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I really, really like it so far. I can't wait to read more.
MyGoldenGlow chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
The word "perfect" comes to mind. :) This may possibly be my favorite Covert Affairs fic - which is saying a lot, since I've read them all :)

The interactions between Annie and Auggie are great, and even though it was suspenseful I kept laughing at the two of them. It reminded me of an actual episode.

I can't wait for the next chapter - please update soon? Although if it's written even half as well as this one, I don't mind waiting :)
meta scythe chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
i wanna know what auggies problem with the nsa is! its killing me! great job by the way. :]
Flora Lis chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Nice story. You definitely have the character side, but I'm glad that it's an action-driven piece. My only problem was that there wasn't anything to indicate that the first bit was a flashback... Perhaps you should italicize it, or put a "X Hours Earlier" label before the next section? It took me a few paragraphs to figure out if the second section was before, after, or totally unrelated to the mission. But I really liked how well you described the NSA/CIA tension, and I totally loved the Bogart/Bacall reference! A very nice piece, please continue to update!
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I LOVE your humor. It's very simple and yet completely satisfying. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
rhymneyfaries chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Oooooh, I love this. Please update soon!
134 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9