Reviews for Staff Meeting
Mrs Reaper Bones chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Thank you so much for writing this! For one thing, it is valuable information we can all use, and two, it is just plain hilarious! What really made it for me is the fact that I can actually SEE this in my head as if it part of an episode's plot! :) And as usual, Ben is the kick toy...both verbally and physically. Then again, that smart mouth of his does need taming. ;)
animefreak2015 chapter 3 . 5/21/2012
Great fun!
JasperRiley chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
I too find it quite exasperating when authors seem to be just unable to edit their work. Plus I know that it was not meant to since you mentioned that your husband and child both have L.D; however, I also have one and most of it has to do with writing. I don't think that anyone should be left out of trying to be better, the same standers should be for all. Although it is taking me quite some time to write this and have had to spell well over half the words many times more then I care to count. Although I could have on youtube or reading more stories, I feel that the time it takes to write a well written piece is worth it in the end. Just a few years ago my spelling level was probably at about third grade, I have been practicing more and now I feel that it might be as high as a fifth or sixth grade level. That is still very low however since I am 24 but I think that with time it will continue to increase.
darkaccalia520 chapter 3 . 3/2/2011
I came to the realization that I never reviewed this, even though I love this story! So sorry! I have read about your conundrum about not being in the seaQuest mood lately...but I do hope you find it soon. I want you to update this story so much, you have no idea! I think it is so creative how you've weaved the grammar lessons into the story! Please find your seaQuest mood again. Perhaps reading some seaQuests fics will help you? Patiently waiting. :)
LollypopGuild chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
you're fic had me laffing out load from the sart!

Thank you for making my typo-ridden day. One of my pet grammar hates is 'pike' in place of 'pique'. "That piked my interest." Yeah, it speared it with Posseidon's trident.

shudunedus

"Down, Tpyo! Good dog"
hbruce chapter 3 . 1/31/2011
THANK YOU for posting this!

I find that one of the most irritating things is when you start to read a story because the description looked interesting, but then the story is so horribly written that it becomes physically impossible to stand it. (Of course my writing isn't flawless- sometimes I'll miss an error or two when I'm reading it over- but I like to think that I'm correct more often than not.)

Hopefully a lot of people will read this and begin to proof read their stories BEFORE they post them.
RitaVanCartier chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I have this story bookmarked for my blonde moments with my spelling and grammar lol Made me smile!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
I applaud your mission to clean up the grammar in fanfiction. Nothing is more off-putting in an otherwise good story than misspelling and egregiously bad grammar.

Is it really that difficult to distinguish between to, two, and too? Apparently so! Equally annoying is their, they're, and there being used interchangeably.

That being said, my last lesson in formal grammar was in my college English class in high school, many years ago, so I feel in dire need of a refresher myself.

And I remember a classmate (who happens to be a successful lawyer now) claiming that he didn't need to learn grammar, since he knew it instinctively! Must have been the osmotic effect...
crystalquirt chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This is awesome. I ned all the help I can get, and this was SeaQuest besides ;) thanks for posting
Immortalkaos80 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Just read the entire story. Cute, comedic and informative.

I learned several things I had long since forgotten about grammar. I shall refrain from battering you with grammar questions like my 3rd grade English teacher.

Love that little fan fic nod you gave. You know I wonder what fan fic Lucas reads. *wink*
Vampy chapter 3 . 10/28/2010
I totally recognize myself in this story. XD When I started writing fanfic I used a lot of wrong words as well (I'm not native in english) and it still botters me every now and then. Like then and than. or to and too. Three and tree. But mostly spelling as well. I'm happy that I can read really bad fanfictions and fish out most of those homosomethings out. It be neat if you'd go out of the meeting with this fanfic and let some of the crew strugle with correcting their reports (and debate amongst eachother), also more references about fanfic from Lucas please! XD and try to lose your focus on trying to correct people and letting your frustration out. Just have fun with it. Cause I liked the story, but would've liked it better without the AN's. It kinda puts a shadow on the fanfic. Anyway, hope you'll add some more! Take care! And yes no spelling check on this review, hope you'll bare with it. ;) V.
Questfan chapter 3 . 10/27/2010
You have just unintentionally given me the biggest laugh. As I was reading your footnote I remembered a high school English teacher called Mr Strunk. Just to cap it off he was an American. I can't remember if I spent more time trying to decipher his accent or just drooling over how cute he was. I'm not sure how much English I picked up but it was a favourite class :-)

Loved Ben's Monopoly line and thanks for another fun chapter.
sfulton229 chapter 3 . 10/16/2010
Nice bit about apostrophes, they do seem to run rampant in some people's writings. Good rules to know. Love hearing about your reference book; reasonable price and a good source of information. Thanks for continuing this fic.
Sakurastar88 chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Yes, in agreement with CFVici, we (in the UK) would always say "Lucas's book" not "Lucas' book", because the second would mean it would belong to a group of him, or something _
Sakurastar88 chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
If I'm understanding what you're trying to drive at in regards to apostrophes, in the UK we (well, at least my class _) were pretty much taught what Bridger and Westphalen were saying - althoguh we were always told to use apostrophes to denote possesion, contraction as well as plural where necessary, so after s if more than one, before s for possesiveness etc. Hope that makes sense! (I'm confusing myself now, thinking about it...)